Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

can you trust a VW dealer

It does say Panel Van on the advert, they may be doing that old ebay trick of including the name to bring it up on searches.

I get annoyed with all the "not a split screen" tags to try and get things appearing for people looking for something else.

Just made me smile given all the recent VW attitude to customers debates.

There are loads of non Cali conversions out there that people pay crazy cash for.
Some muppet will buy it. Good luck to the guy I say.

You are correct and I contacted them by email. I wonder if they will take any notice.
No reply so far. Mind you didn't expect any contact.

It does state Bilbo Approved Camper Conversion at the bottom too (twice, possibly for reinforcement :sorry).

Those dashboards.... aren't Cali SE ones, are they? And the first ad... this roof is not a VW one, is it?

Hi guys, interesting thread! I actually work at Birmingham VW Van Centre and I can totally understand why this dealer has listed it as a Cali. When we add vans to our portal for the public to see, we have to list it under a number of categories such as: Chassis Cab, Kombi, Dropside or California. The VW UK portal does not have a category for generic campervans so they either list as a California (Where they will get hits) or as a panelvan or dropsider where they won't get any hits. They should however make this a bit clearer in the ad, I can see both sides of the argument. I have to say, its Cali money though!

Back