Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

why is this van cheaper than others?

Parkways Leicester VW hire out their at least some of their demo vans - maybe this one was hired out and that explains why bits were missing. It was the same on two Oceans Parkway had that we looked at.

I think a lot of dealers stash the curtain etc away as it stops them going walkies, he probably just couldn’t be bothered to go find the bits for you to try.

it says vat qualifying,does that mean its that price plus vat ? I like how they list the tailgate as an exterior feature,always nice to have a tailgate. no parking heater AS OThers have said can be a big drawback and retro fitting involves some cutting holes in the floor so not for everyone that route.
as for when best to buy,calis do sell all year round but after watching auto trader a while theres around 20 more vans for sale in winter than through the summer. good luck dude

Thanks for that, Question: How do you think the market would be in October / November ?

i.e how much cheaper do you think vans would be ? more choice or less choice?

& do you think benefits more on dealer market or private?

Come September things will go quiet and maybe more stock available. Come October prices reduce. Come November it’s get it out of the door before they are stuck with them over winter. At this point, they’ll hang onto them for the Spring uptick. I reckon you’ll get the best deal from a dealer who wants to shift end of October / November. Nearly new Oceans dropped about £2 - 3K to sell at this time of year. Just my opinion based on what I observed last year. Private sellers need to be cheaper than the best deal from a dealer otherwise why would you? WBAC seems a useful backup for private sellers. Out of idle curiosity I punched mine in and it offered £1,000 less than I paid from VW 14 months ago, although I would expect that to drop moving into Sept / Oct (not selling, no way!). Of course, it could all be different this year. Good luck!

When I was looking for a van I found that some secondhand vans were more expensive than my pre-registered one (15 Miles on clock). I think they may have had more fittings, at the time I did not know what I really wanted as extras. Buying a pre-registered one saved me having to make decide on colour or seat layout. I thought I would like a rear 2 seat version but I have a 3 seat version and now fell that was actually better for me.

I found that the Preston VW van dealer had more vans and cheaper than any of dealers near to me.

I also brought in January before people stated looking for summer use.

The cheaper dealer ones just need to be replaced with new showroom stock so unsold at retail are sold at "No Loss" prices to get rid quick.

A Beach with 2 Rear seats is like the proverbial Rocking Horse S***.... so maybe this is why it's slightly over-priced for the spec ??
Why would a two seater Beach command a higher price than a three seater? Supply and demand, I hear you say. But it doesn't necessarily follow that just because there aren't many around that therefore they are worth more either new or second hand. That might be true if there were a lot of customers wanting one but consider this, there might not be that many around because there isn't the same demand for them. Dealers will only order what they can sell easily.

Whilst both versions are great I suspect most purchasers buy the beach because of its space and versatility. They can see the potential for all sorts of practical uses as well as just camping. The two seater is a great vehicle with plenty of space but it isn't quite as good on that second issue.

Providing the two seater has the storage box option then both versions have the same downstairs bed space available and I sure that both beds are equally as comfortable, subject to the VW Comfort mattress being used. However, the two seater version can at best only become a five seater whilst the three seater can carry up to seven if required. The Multiflex boards in both vehicles differ in that the three seater version is higher and can fold to permit greater bench seat travel and therefore greater flexibility. The storage posibilites beneath are greater as well. The Multiflex in the two seater is neither multi anything or flexible and its reduced height prohibits certain items such as some toilets and fridges from being carried beneath. Whilst the lower bed height in the two seater allows for better headroom with the roof down the three seaters bench storage/space compromise is IMO, more useful accross the full range of possible applications.

Each buyer will have different priorities and there is no right or wrong choice but I strongly suspect that examples of the two seater version are rarer because they are in less demand and if so there is no reason why they should be more expensive to buy. If I'm right the reverse might even be true. However I doubt if there is any real difference in practice.

Eventually managed to get my Beach on the classified ads page
/vwcaliforniaclub.com/classifieds/vehicles-for-sale/show-adverts/1227/very-well-specd-2016-t6-cali-beach/rustington-west-sussex/vw-t6-california-beach

Eventually managed to get my Beach on the classified ads page

Loving the product placement/ making the most of a gap in the market.

We should start a poll to see how long until Kevthegas' Cali is sold :) I give it 2 days.

Come September things will go quiet and maybe more stock available. Come October prices reduce. Come November it’s get it out of the door before they are stuck with them over winter. At this point, they’ll hang onto them for the Spring uptick. I reckon you’ll get the best deal from a dealer who wants to shift end of October / November. Nearly new Oceans dropped about £2 - 3K to sell at this time of year. Just my opinion based on what I observed last year. Private sellers need to be cheaper than the best deal from a dealer otherwise why would you? WBAC seems a useful backup for private sellers. Out of idle curiosity I punched mine in and it offered £1,000 less than I paid from VW 14 months ago, although I would expect that to drop moving into Sept / Oct (not selling, no way!). Of course, it could all be different this year. Good luck!

My new WBAC valuation has dropped £3K this week (irrelevant because I’m not selling). This tells me the party is effectively over as far as summer pricing is concerned. Haggle hard!

Hope so used car prices in the 4x4 sector have been way over CAP values for some time now so not much being bought or sold.

Loving the product placement/ making the most of a gap in the market.

We should start a poll to see how long until Kevthegas' Cali is sold :) I give it 2 days.

I took a deposit for it on Monday night, final payment has just been made. :pinkbanana

I think the new owner got the details on here.
Strange feeling seeing your Cali being driven away, luckily the new owners are fab people and will be using it to the Max !!!

I took a deposit for it on Monday night, final payment has just been made. :pinkbanana

2 days was a good estimate then. Is there a replacement due or are you temporarily leaving the fold? (Like Hotel California said once you check in you can never leave )

it says vat qualifying,does that mean its that price plus vat ?

FB never got an answer to this, but you do see 'VAT qualifying' on some used car ads and I think it must confuse a lot of people.

As a private buyer, the price you see is the price you pay. But 'VAT qualifying' means if you were a VAT-registered business buyer you could reclaim the VAT as an 'input'.

Hope that helps.

I'm not so convinced that the prices change with the seasons as much as they used to do. There were a huge amount of vans on here a few months ago, less now. Spring =more demand and more (sufficient) vans = stable competition. Winter = less demand, fewer vans = stable competition.
I feared the bubble was bursting earlier this year, but it seems to have survived.

Anyone see this offer on a new Cali? Cost price plus £1

http://www.thejcbgroup.co.uk/vw-vans/new-van-offers/california/

Sounds reasonable especially with the £2k deposit contribution & free services.

I’m not as familiar with Beach pricing / spec, but nice bit of marketing spin here. They will be making their money on the volume bonus, fair play to them. I’m sure someone will work out what discount % this equates to. I’m guessing if you are sensible with extras and pay the finance off immediately, you can put a new Beach on the road for circa £40K plus 2 free services.

Thought It looked really good until I noticed that it is for the discontinued petrol version.

Still a good deal though. Brand new Beach for 38.5k if on finance.

Thought It looked really good until I noticed that it is for the discontinued petrol version.

Still a good deal though. Brand new Beach for 38.5k if on finance.

Ah, makes sense, maybe they’ve got a few they need to shift. Still, a good deal for someone, just avoid the 10 year deals quoted, the figures are ridiculous.

List price of manual petrol Beach is approx £43,300 so cost price of £40,400 only equates to a discount of around £2,900 which is ok but nothing special.