Accessories depend greatly on how you intend to use the van

my best purchases are CFX35 fridge / freezer
Vanessa window bags
Blue tooth speaker
25m hook up cable (10m + 15m)

essential purchases:
wine
diesel

post some piccies of the new arrival and give us a run down of the spec.
Hi Kayleigh,
Where do you store your fridge when traveling? I have a dometic 3 way fridge which is great but rather large to fit in the beach. It currently gets squished between the storage box behind the passenger seat as it won’t fit under the shelf. Which is ok at the moment but when my children get bigger it will be in the way of their leg room. Does it have capacity for 2 x 1 litre alternative milk cartons to stand up?
Many thanks

Hi Kayleigh,
Where do you store your fridge when traveling? I have a dometic 3 way fridge which is great but rather large to fit in the beach. It currently gets squished between the storage box behind the passenger seat as it won’t fit under the shelf. Which is ok at the moment but when my children get bigger it will be in the way of their leg room. Does it have capacity for 2 x 1 litre alternative milk cartons to stand up?
Many thanks
I either put my fridge behind the drivers / passengers seat, strapped to the cargo rings or in the boot under the multiflex board.
i have a 3 seat rear bench.

I either put my fridge behind the drivers / passengers seat, strapped to the cargo rings or in the boot under the multiflex board.
i have a 3 seat rear bench.
Thanks. I have a 2 seat rear bench and I think the multi is lower. But I will definitely look into it, thank you.

@kp64zl has a cfx, fridge in a two seat rear bench Beach, not sure which one.
if you search his posts you will find it.
yhere are lots of threads on fridge’s

I have the CFX28 - it sits behind the passengers seat in front of the storage box.

yes it does get in the way of legroom a bit , but not really a problem- can put a cushion on top and then put your feet up.

excellent fridge -either this or the CFX35 would be ideal

Thank you! We are really delighted with it!
A number of people have mentioned the Vanessa bags. They look really nice quality. Do they just Velcro to the windows?

Yes I agree with being able to grab and go. We went out for the day on Sunday with pre-prepared lunch, but without any cutlery! Some essential items will need to stay on the van :)

I do have a question about using a fridge.. How do you monitor the leisure battery level in the Beach, or do people tend to use a second battery to power a fridge?

They have foam blocks attached and just tuck up into the windows. Super easy!

We just power the fridge from the battery, or if we're there a couple of nights we plug in. We have 2 kids (10 & 8) so got a good side fridge, it can be a bit in the way, but is worth the effort and fantastic for actually holding food for a few days... Plus drinks!

Hey that looks really cool. Did you buy all the bits separately? I could really use one of those! Thanks for sharing.
Sorry for late reply Kayleigh yes we bought all the bits separately the table top, telescopic leg, and the rail clips. It really was a game changer for us as far as ease of use, having somewhere to make tea, drink wine/beer and still be able to make up the bed and move around.

Thank you for the tips I am also relatively new and always looking for ways to enhance our lovely beach.
I have found the table clips if anybody is interested. (Campervantastic: California beach table retainers) They don’t come with the plastic bits that keep them folded and out of the way but this thread shows what you can do with some washers and screws to keep them in a fixed position. https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/thread...ink-bar-for-the-beach.16460/page-5#post-30137
I have also bought a foldable & adjustable table leg and a small table top from an online campervan converter shop. I really hope I can piece something presentable together.

Thank you for the tips I am also relatively new and always looking for ways to enhance our lovely beach.
I have found the table clips if anybody is interested. (Campervantastic: California beach table retainers) They don’t come with the plastic bits that keep them folded and out of the way but this thread shows what you can do with some washers and screws to keep them in a fixed position. https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/thread...ink-bar-for-the-beach.16460/page-5#post-30137
I have also bought a foldable & adjustable table leg and a small table top from an online campervan converter shop. I really hope I can piece something presentable together.
I am sure you will produce a great usable table and look forward to seeing pics of the finished item. Retaining those clips is the most awkward part but like you mentioned there are lots of different good ideas on the thread you quoted.

Hi Kayleigh,
Many thanks

Hi,
We don’t have a fridge yet. Well we have the VW one which is still new and plan to sell it to put towards a new one.

As the multiflex shelf is quite low in the 2 seat Beach, it would mean sitting on top of the mattress, which I don’t want to do. The other options are behind the passenger seat in front of the storage box, or on between the captain chairs.
From my research the best option for between the chairs is the Indel B TB18 18L model. The Dometic CF11 also fits but is only 10.5L.

For behind the passenger seat I have two options:
Sorry for late reply Kayleigh yes we bought all the bits separately the table top, telescopic leg, and the rail clips. It really was a game changer for us as far as ease of use, having somewhere to make tea, drink wine/beer and still be able to make up the bed and move around.
thank you for getting back to me! I have already started looking for the parts... Reimo folding leg, the clips and a tabletop.
I have one question though, what size is your tabletop? Is it about 50x50cm?

Hi,
We don’t have a fridge yet. Well we have the VW one which is still new and plan to sell it to put towards a new one.

As the multiflex shelf is quite low in the 2 seat Beach, it would mean sitting on top of the mattress, which I don’t want to do. The other options are behind the passenger seat in front of the storage box, or on between the captain chairs.
From my research the best option for between the chairs is the Indel B TB18 18L model. The Dometic CF11 also fits but is only 10.5L.

For behind the passenger seat I have two options:

thank you for getting back to me! I have already started looking for the parts... Reimo folding leg, the clips and a tabletop.
I have one question though, what size is your tabletop? Is it about 50x50cm?
Our Table is 40x45 and we positioned the clips to enable us to slide it forward to get access to the box without removing it, all the measurements and details and pictures are in the thread mentioned above. I would probably make it 40 x 50 if I made another one. The thread has lots of different variations on It and great ideas on how to attach the clips as many others have made their own great versions. Good luck and look forward to seeing yours when it’s complete

Back