Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Beach

timber

timber

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi All
I have at the present time a 2 year old Cali. with all the mod cons. that we do not use wardrobes cooker etc. Just thought it would nice to have a bit more room in the back for carting bits and pieces.
I do need four wheel drive and the diesel heater, they are must have options.

I am on my second Cali, great bits of kit BUT MRS does not want to go camping anymore.. So just days out.

I did speak to a VW dealer,,, but they said that they do not do the Beach with 4X4 Oh!! dear can't go on the beach then ?????:bananadance

do like the 4X4 though, that I have on my present Cali
Regards to all and what a great site this is
Timber

Don't know witch VW dealer you went , but one advice ....
do not set a foot in there again!
The Beach does come in 4motion;)

OK , was not aware .
Take my words back.
Why oh why is it not possible ....?
Guess you need to import

OK , was not aware .
Take my words back.
Why oh why is it not possible ....?
Guess you to import
It's silly isn't it?
What harm would it do to make it a possibility? All being made in the same factory. Seems that they will just miss out on some sales.

Is it something legal ... Involving the weight ? They do have more weight.
Sitting here with the German T6 brochure in hands.

Thru , very strange....
Those Englischmen have strange habbits....:D;)

It's silly isn't it?
What harm would it do to make it a possibility? All being made in the same factory. Seems that they will just miss out on some sales.
Agreed another example of less options in the UK. No doubt some are legitimate due to the right hand drive switch but some just seem daft!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have gone for the 4x4 if available on the 150 Beach in the UK. Cant have everything thats what i say - where would you put it ?

During my two year research before buying our Cali SE I became increasingly frustrated by VWs restricted UK options policy. You can have a seven seater Caravelle with full leather yet you have to make do with deck chair material or similar on the seven seater Beach. As far as I can see the seats in both vehicles are the same so why can you not have the much more practical leather in a Beach?
You can have a 4Motion van, Caravelle or California SE but not a Beach. Why not? These are only two of the numerous annoying restrictions.
I stand to be corrected but I think our cousins in mainland Europe can order pretty much what ever they want to on their vehicles so why not here?

It was the same when I bought my first Cal ,a new one---------- no 4X4 to be had about 5 years ago. No doubt they will get around to it, I will have to wait and see, if I don't peg out before :(
Timber

It was the same when I bought my first Cal ,a new one---------- no 4X4 to be had about 5 years ago. No doubt they will get around to it, I will have to wait and see, if I don't peg out before :(
Timber
Pegging out - i think that would make a good thread - we have had 'living with your cali' ..... i wonder if anyone has had their last ride in a california - is there enough room in the boot (with the seat pushed as far forward as possible) for a full sized coffin ?. or would you need to take the stops out

Pegging out - i think that would make a good thread - we have had 'living with your cali' ..... i wonder if anyone has had their last ride in a california - is there enough room in the boot (with the seat pushed as far forward as possible) for a full sized coffin ?. or would you need to take the stops out
Our vans would make a very cheerful hearse!

Just set up the downstairs bed!

Oh, I did the right thing buying a black one after all then!

put the fun into funeral eh boris - lets do it
The question is:
Which would you prefer to take your last ride in, an SE or a Beach?
Perhaps the SE for the single discerning customer or the Beach for the double BOGOF funeral, or does this smack of snobbery?

It is being so cheerful that keeps us going, However all this talk of hearses and coffins does offer up a new use for the Cali. Or beach if I decide to get one------------!! but there again we could go out in style in the Cali but also , I could buy the Ferrari back again (See my Avatar) that was a tractor that I used to own to cut the grass, 4X4 articulated, great on steep banks Oh!!! by the way we are off to see our Great Grandchildren today.
Wonder what the world will be like when they get to our ages We were both born in the early part of 1935
A'int life fun
Timber

The question is:
Which would you prefer to take your last ride in, an SE or a Beach?
Perhaps the SE for the single discerning customer or the Beach for the double BOGOF funeral, or does this smack of snobbery?
The SE. Someone could make the tea for the "Wake".

Back