Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Going to France Beam benders

Paulro

Paulro

VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi, I need to adjust the beam on the headlights. Have spoken to Heritage Bristol and they suggest two covers and attach the plastic bits to that.

They are £50.00. They also said attaching stick on things to the headlights might not be the best idea?

What do all of you seasoned Cali owners do?

When I went to europe in March I used 'bender' that stick onto the headlight. Problem is that the glue is an absolute pita to get off. Some is still on the NS headlight!
Advantage of the headlight covers with 'benders' stuck to them is that you are also protecting your headlights fro damage. Cheaper to replace £50 covers than whole unit !

I had electrical tape on mine for four weeks of last year and it peeled straight off when I got home without any damage, however I am very tempted to get the headlight protectors as it saves faffing around working out where to put the tape and also protects your headlights at the same time. I have seen OEM ones on Ebay for about £30 that also come with beam benders, but I guess for an extra £20 you might aswell go for the genuine VW ones. ( don't forget you get 10% off at SMG )

Having struggled to remove glue from beam thingies on my previous car's headlights I had no hesitation in buying the plastic headlamp protectors. I know you can leave them on permanently but I just put them on when going to the continent.

Have used the stick on circular beam blockers not beam benders for the last three years with no problems.
Currently available on Ebay for £4.35 including a magnetic GB sticker.
Normally peel off without too much problem, any residual glue is easily removed with surgical spirit NOT white spirit.

Hubert

Give Steve in our parts department a call as I'm sure he will be able to sort some out for you.

Cheers

Back