Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New blackberry California on order

B

bounty40

I have just ordered my new California last weekend - I'm thinking of lowering it - in the California brochure lowering springs fitted £455, lowers it 30mm I think they are sports line springs .
Now the dealer i'm buying the van from wants a wopping £750 says it requires re tracking at £250 pounds ... A few questions really .

Only 30mm , would it require re tracking wheel alignment ?? if so surely it will be done when part of course. - And £250 !! really ???

What would the ride be like - it is a heavy van will it ruin it ( will i have any teeth left in my head?)

We collected our Blackberry California in may from Vindis and had every intention of lowering it,however when I spoke with the team there they talked me out of it saying that the ride would be to hard that she was a big girl and I would feel every bump ,I have to say that for me they were right ,she handles and fees absolutely right as she is :D

If you came down to us we charge just over £425 including VAT (VIP member only). We can check basic tracking here and do that as a matter of course in that price but would imagine that they are charging you for four wheel laser alignment. We can do that for you as well with a local company we use and there is an initial set-up fee and then they charge per adjustment. Last one we did was less than £100 including VAT for the four wheel alignment.

cheers

@bounty40 where are you based?

Your spec is almost identical to mine 180 dsg It was a toss up between the sportline or Toluca wheels - I would love to see some pictures of you if you could .

bounty40 said:
Your spec is almost identical to mine 180 dsg It was a toss up between the sportline or Toluca wheels - I would love to see some pictures of you if you could .

Sorry don't seem to be able to send images still trying to work it out :help

Hi Gasgas did you order from Vindis Northampton, I have been talking to them as they are my local dealer but just nor sure about them.

I got a cracking deal from - North Wales , (well I think ) 180 dsg Blackberry , 18 " Wheels , side awning parking sensors - £46 500 . coming 2015 . I can forward details if you like ?
Please If you could seen me some pictures of yours it would give me an idea what it will look like , -- thanks glenn74999@+++++++.co.uk

Brent said:
Hi Gasgas did you order from Vindis Northampton, I have been talking to them as they are my local dealer but just nor sure about them.

I didn't get on with Northampton very well ,but found St Ives to be very good especially Juliet and Rob

bounty40 said:
I got a cracking deal from - North Wales , (well I think ) 180 dsg Blackberry , 18 " Wheels , side awning parking sensors - £46 500 . coming 2015 . I can forward details if you like ?
Please If you could seen me some pictures of yours it would give me an idea what it will look like , -- thanks glenn74999@+++++++.co.uk
Email sent
Thanks

Gasgas said:
Brent said:

I didn't get on with Northampton very well ,but found St Ives to be very good especially Juliet and Rob
Hi Gasgas we live in Grendon, If you are around sometime, would love to have a look at your Cali before we order. (brentperkins@live.co.uk)

We use vindis Northampton and they have always been helpful. They have fixed both T5 and Cali specific faults with minimum fuss. Nothing too complex.

T

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

(We didn't purchase from them - we got it from Hatfield, who were a bit rubbish)

teeboy said:
(We didn't purchase from them - we got it from Hatfield, who were a bit rubbish)

Our came from Hatfield, more than a bit rubbish.

I suppose there is two sides to dealing with an authorised dealer the sales side and then the aftersale side . My experience with Northampton service has been ok so far if not a little long winded, for example if a fuse has blown why not just fix it rather than book it in for two weeks ahead !! versus the sales side which are quite knowledgeable but not at all flexible if you are after a competitive deal and let's face it who isn't after a good deal....

Hi Gasgas we live in Grendon, If you are around sometime, would love to have a look at your Cali before we order. (brentperkins@live.co.uk)[/quote]

I know a Neil Perkins from Grendon is that your brother by any chance ?

Gasgas said:
Hi Gasgas we live in Grendon, If you are around sometime, would love to have a look at your Cali before we order. (brentperkins@live.co.uk)

I know a Neil Perkins from Grendon is that your brother by any chance ?[/quote]
Sure is he's at Good wood this weekend.

Back