Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali 204 4 motion

Del Boy

Del Boy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Just ordered a new Cali , but from what I'm reading you don't seam to get much in the way of camping gear. Do you get something to fill up water tank , a gas bottle , hook up cables etc . A bit green as it is the first one we have ordered , as we had our own home built van , for a few years and sold all our kit with it

Welcome , i got the hook up euro-to-two pin cable (short piece), no gas botle but the safetyvalve should be there...., waterfill we use a callapseble bucket and funnel.

You would need lots more , read thru the forum on how others use their Cali and you will get youself a shoppinglist in no time....

Thanks for your reply , should have new van in early part of August. Can't wait just seams to be a bit of a lottery in what we will actually need .

should have new van in early part of August

If you have "just ordered" early August sounds a bit optimistic but I hope I'm wrong, I wouldn't book anything until you have a confirmed build date.

Just ordered a new Cali , but from what I'm reading you don't seam to get much in the way of camping gear. Do you get something to fill up water tank , a gas bottle , hook up cables etc . A bit green as it is the first one we have ordered , as we had our own home built van , for a few years and sold all our kit with it
Check out the Forum Shop and if you join as a VIP member then you will get 10% discount on many of the items you might need from the many Forum sponsors etc:.

Essentials are Forum VIP membership, Gas bottle ( Camping Gaz 907 bottle), 25m hookup cable, sleeping bag/ duvet, cutlery, crockery,kettle, corkscrew and roof bungy, . Optional extras include waterproof seat covers, carpets, roof topper, mattress topper, levelling ramps, insulated windscreen cover etc.

Hi thanks for your help , new van was ordered early April. Delivery according to dealer , estimated beginning of August. Fingers crossed. , as hope to go back to Italy in October. We have a demo ocean 204 arranged for first weekend in June, so that should give us an idea of what we need to have.

We got our Cali in March (our first van). Got VIP membership and bought Ocean starter pack from forum shop which has proved excellent value. Also bought Gaz 907 bottle prior to picking up the van. Very soon decided on security clamp for spare wheel.

Did you order it off Boycie then Del Boy? Got two in it tellies for Grandad?

Sorry, couldn't resist that :D

Anyway, welcome to the forum, your question is answered adequately already so won't add to it. Good luck :thumb

I carry a 6 litre watering can to fill the water tank. It travels in the boot, not taking up much room.

hi Del..

I think we spent about another £1500 on extras , for the camping side and still spending !
Wouldn't change it for the world though.

good adventures awaits.