Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali Roof Topper & Awning Side Panels - Now Available

Re: New Cali Roof Topper & Awning Side Panels - Now Availabl

Hi yes the side panel you place over the arm of the awning and it zip it into place.The front panel
Slides into the awning channel under the flap of the pull out awning they both peg to the ground

Thanks for this quick reply, looks like i will have to treat myself this christmas!

If only all xmas shopping was this easy! :D

Thanks for all your interest I will put some more detailed pictures up once I launch the product
properly on the website

Can I order a black one with out windows please candycal bill

What age of Cali will it fit? Will it work on pre 2007 models?

Blue cover will look smart with my Olympian Blue, must have windows though please

Cali-Topper said:
It's an introduction price for the first 5 Cali toppers :thumb

What will be the 'normal' price??

Billtinsley said:
Can I order a black one with out windows please candycal bill
Thanks bill I have put you on the list and will send you a pm with more details

andys495 said:
Hi andy I'm not to sure if it would fit on pre 2007 models I can't see why not. You are more than welcome to order one and if there is a problem with fit you can return it for a full refund.

phil the power said:
Blue cover will look smart with my Olympian Blue, must have windows though please
Sorry phil no plans for a blue one as yet but something we may look into at a later date

Stu said:
Cali-Topper said:
It's an introduction price for the first 5 Cali toppers :thumb

What will be the 'normal' price??

I see you've been online since so perhaps you missed my question ;)

hi stu
sorry for the delay the retail price will be
calitopper in black without windows £199 inc uk delivery
calitopper in black with windows £249 inc uk delivery
awning sides in black £130 each or £199 set inc uk delivery
thanks

Cali-Topper said:
andys495 said:
Hi andy I'm not to sure if it would fit on pre 2007 models I can't see why not. You are more than welcome to order one and if there is a problem with fit you can return it for a full refund.

Nick it might be worth you measuring up a older cali roof and making some additional templates as the roof changed in 2006/7 see below. :thumb

From late 2007 the roof difference is about 2-3 inches in height as from chassis number WV2 ... HZ 8H ... the roof geometry was changed. The easiest way to determine which roof a Cali has is if you look at the roof windows. The older Cali roof has side slanted windows (lower edge) and does not have a front window.

John

andys495 said:
Andy if you could get it up to nick he would measure
And make you one

Are they waterproof? what is the fabric made from?

Cali-Topper,
Thanks! Certainly a consideration for the future to pop up. Although I'm on the Sussex coast and I think you are up North somewhere, so a bit of a trek. As I understand it us older Cali owners (by that I mean the vehicle and not its owner) are limited to which cover to go for as the Khyam etc will only fit the newer models. The only option appears to be the Mutze covers which are twice the price. Hence why I've held off. So maybe there may be a market there for you if you get the measurements. There must be other pre 2007 owners nearer to you who could help. I would certainly be interested in the future if that happens. Would just need to get it past the wife first. :-(
Andy

Hello everyone,

Just to answer the questions on the material, it is.....

HEAVY DUTY WATERPROOF 600 DENIER POLYESTER MATERIAL
Heavy duty 600 denier polyester which is waterproof, tough, rip-resistant and recommended for heavier workloads such as pole / awning bags, suitcases, horse blanket/covers, boat covers, motorcycle jackets, covers and of course.....awnings!
To context further, 1000 denier polyester is used (as well as other materials) in army and ballistic vests!
The 600 hundred denier also has the ability to fold down sufficiently into a nice small size to help fit snuggly in the California’s tailgate.

:thanks
Nick

What about other colours as a special order? I would pay extra for my own colour. #justsaying

We have a roof box
What options do you have please?

phil the power said:
What about other colours as a special order? I would pay extra for my own colour. #justsaying
As mentioned above phil we are sticking to black at the moment mainly because
The material cost.. Once we get going properly and we can get about 4 people interested in a different colour we would be able to do it. Although colour choice is quite limited in this fabric

van-solo said:
We have a roof box
What options do you have please?
I'm afraid I don't know or have heard of a roof cover for a Cali with a roof box I know there is a topless version available but not sure if that would work. Again something we could look at in the future

sorry did i miss the price for a cali-topper ,as i skipped through the thread with my wellies on.. :?:

Yes mate you did miss it. It just left on a tandem with the plot but if you skip a bit faster you might catch them :)~

Hi all thank you for all your interest we have now got orders for the first 5 roof covers at the introductory price
We will be getting on with these in the next couple of weeks. If you would like to preorder one
At the normal price please let me know these will be ready as soon as we have completed the first
Five. Once we get established we will be keeping them in stock for immediate delivery
Thanks