Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali stuck in port

Keith Smith

Keith Smith

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Our California allegedly arrived in the U.K. last Friday and were due to collect it tomorrow, but now we have been told it is stuck in port and they have no idea when it will be delivered. Has anyone else got or had a similar problem?

Stuck due to a technical or registration issue like some had this time last year? or due to transport? ours took 10 days to get from the port to the dealer.

They don't seem to have any idea why it's stuck in port, other than there are a lot of cars coming over at the moment. The pessimist in me thinks that if I'm the only one they may have bumped it and are having it repaired.

oh Keith, sorry to hear that. More likely due to logistics. A rush to clear the decks before the 29th and not enough distribution facilities at this end.

oh Keith, sorry to hear that. More likely due to logistics. A rush to clear the decks before the 29th and not enough distribution facilities at this end.
I'm sure you are right, I've just been told by an Audi dealer that VW as a group were importing as many vehicles as possible before the 29th for some reason!:rolleyes:

Problem now resolved, just had a phone call to say it's being delivered tomorrow for collection next week :)

Exact same problem as op here, Stuck in UK port.

Tom

A VW dealer told me last week a few cars are getting stuck at port due to the amount of cars VW were trying to bring in before the 29th. It seems like some customer cars are getting buried and blocked in by the stock cars.

A VW dealer told me last week a few cars are getting stuck at port due to the amount of cars VW were trying to bring in before the 29th. It seems like some customer cars are getting buried and blocked in by the stock cars.
I am not holding my breath, fortunately my current T5 is fine so I am not really in any hurry. Glad Keith Smith is getting his.

Tom

Mine is now at the dealer so collection next week :)
Tom

I got mine last Thursday, lots of little changes to my previous MY16 all for the better except for the kitchen sink tap which is now plastic and feels cheap. I spent two days fitting all the bits and bobs from the old van then it's gone off to be partially wrapped in clear protective film so hoping to get it back later today so we can actually use it.