Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Ordered Cali Stuck At the Port of Exit.

J

Jester

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Unfortunately our GC missed the last boat for Sheerness last week, not really that it matters as the dealers are closed, so it may get registered as a 21 plate at this rate!.
Anyone else in the same situation!

Unfortunately our GC missed the last boat for Sheerness last week, not really that it matters as the dealers are closed, so it may get registered as a 21 plate at this rate!.
It’ll need new batteries as I doubt they will be plugging the Charger in.

Florence (Ocean) made it from the docks to the garage last week. Phoned Monday to start organising picking her up. Almost made it...…...

If an 'early' delivery it might be a 70 plate if things go back to (sort of) normal after the summer season , otherwise you may be correct in having a 21 reg.

our 20 reg is languishing for the forseeable. Got one decent run in her.....thought long and hard before going to collect and have it all to look forward to whilst reading up on the manuals....
20200325_121707.jpg

our 20 reg is languishing for the forseeable. Got one decent run in her.....thought long and hard before going to collect and have it all to look forward to whilst reading up on the manuals....
View attachment 56555
the dog can't wait !!!!

View attachment 56555
I am not normally that fussed about number plates but i do like "Ozo" :thumb

Yes, our T6.1 Ocean is still in Germany somewhere. However given the gravity of what we are going through at the moment it is the last thing on my mind.

I can sympathise as we are exactly in the same boat(or not depending how yo look at it). our GC was built in mid Feb and we had hoped that we would get it but it would appear that vehicle transport was shut down earl in favour of food and medical supplies. Rightly so!
On the bright side we have something to look forward to. Regarding the registration we already know what it would be .Sitick in there and stay safe!

I can sympathise as we are exactly in the same boat(or not depending how yo look at it). our GC was built in mid Feb and we had hoped that we would get it but it would appear that vehicle transport was shut down earl in favour of food and medical supplies. Rightly so!
On the bright side we have something to look forward to. Regarding the registration we already know what it would be .Sitick in there and stay safe!

Hi Tom,
its nice to look forward to but would have liked to fettle a little on the drive, cant see it arriving at best for 3/4 months.

What spec did you go for?

I decided to have full VB installed in Germany before the shipping to Japan with the result that the car is ready, but stocked in Germany arghhh
6.1 4motion Edition 199ps DSG

Hi Tom,
its nice to look forward to but would have liked to fettle a little on the drive, cant see it arriving at best for 3/4 months.

What spec did you go for?
I agree it would be nice to have it here and get used to it before our first trip. Already deferred one trip to France a month ago until mid May but it looks like we will have to postpone it again. Hoping the trip to Gibraltar in September will still go ahead.
Ours is a 600 in silver/grey (still able to hide in the woods in France) got most of the toys but no upper bed. What's yours?

Hi Tom,

We were due to set off early May to the Italian lakes then turning Italy for 3 months. Now postponed, probably until next year.

Like yours a 600 but 3880kg. no upper bed and Mojave beige and candy white and nice lot of options.

Did you order a tow bar or cycle rack . Did you spec an awning.

Will

It’ll need new batteries as I doubt they will be plugging the Charger in.
Morning WG, Just a thought, as it has a solar panel do you think it will maintain both batteries while parked up, appreciate its not a T5/6 but hoping common sense would prevale with VW

Thanks

Morning WG, Just a thought, as it has a solar panel do you think it will maintain both batteries while parked up, appreciate its not a T5/6 but hoping common sense would prevale with VW

Thanks
Assuming the batteries are connected, the solar panel should keep them topped up. Unless it’s parked under cover.

Thanks
As @Joker 1299 said it might, but is the Solar panel connected to the engine battery as well. I'm not familiar with the Grand California.

Assuming the batteries are connected, the solar panel should keep them topped up. Unless it’s parked under cover.

Thanks for the reply I guess it will not be undercover but hopefully connected and turned on.

As @Joker 1299 said it might, but is the Solar panel connected to the engine battery as well. I'm not familiar with the Grand California.

Not sure if its connected but would hope as is the Cali, who knows.

Well WG with all this time please start reading up on the GC as we rely on you as the fountain of all knowledge :) its a compliment.

Thanks

Not sure if its connected but would hope as is the Cali, who knows.

Well WG with all this time please start reading up on the GC as we rely on you as the fountain of all knowledge :) its a compliment.

Thanks
At the end of the day if the batteries are damaged due to being discharged in 'storage' I would expect them to be replaced under the guarantee.

Hi Tom, agreed but I guess it’s proving it at the time of handover as I’m sure following a PDI the batteries will be charged and read correctly?

Hi Tom, agreed but I guess it’s proving it at the time of handover as I’m sure following a PDI the batteries will be charged and read correctly?
Ask them to put on as much consumers as possible and keep an eye on the battery discharge. If they drop under 12,2V too soon, the batteries are dead.
Or, hopefully (or not?) they die within the 2 years of ownership. Then they have to be replaced under warranty.
But then, it will be up to you to prove you charged them correctly of course....

Ask them to put on as much consumers as possible and keep an eye on the battery discharge. If they drop under 12,2V too soon, the batteries are dead.
Or, hopefully (or not?) they die within the 2 years of ownership. Then they have to be replaced under warranty.
But then, it will be up to you to prove you charged them correctly of course....
Thanks for your advise, when we eventually get it I’ll request that this is carried out.

Cheers

Thanks for your advise, when we eventually get it I’ll request that this is carried out.

Cheers
Ask them if they have the battery and tyre inflation checklist and check from the date it arrived.
If they don't have or want to show you the checklist, they won't have it, and then the batteries won't be maintained as should be.

Back