Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New concurrent for the California : Possel Campster

I like the opening window in the tailgate.

Looks interesting. Don't know anything about the base vehicle ....

Now this is what I'd like

Very interesting vehicle! I'm waiting for a factory build vw camper on Crafter chasis :) Enough space to stand up, hot water in the sink but above all hot shower + toilet (well the second is not that critical but that's one piece usuall). Perhaps I need to build it myself...

Seems like this got some nice features as the removable kitchen unit and the open top....

http://www.pfs-presse.de/index.php?id=139
1. I wonder if the kitchen can be removed from the car it still will be classified as a camper (mobilhome, campervan..) , makes a big difference (Belgium at least) on taxes..
2. You can't put 2 pans together on that cooker , though you get a larger sink, cali is better.
3. gas, drinking water and waste water all in the kitchenblock ? can't be large volume or user friendly to fill/empty No picture with opened doors of kitchenblock, I guess no storage room there ..(where you need it) .
4. don't want to see what happens when the wind blows in the panoramic window
5. electric hookup ?
6. where is the 2nd seat belt on rear bench ?
7. left side kitchenblock : drawer cannot be opened , 2nd row seat in the way ?
It must be prototype pictures, not real product , is announced for 2017 .
The more you look in to details the more you understand the price difference with our cali..
competition ? yes , but never think you get anything close to a cali , that is my opinion.
Another attempt to combine the best of cali beach and ocean in 1 vehicule. I hope for Possl it is more successfull than hymer cape town for example (T5 based campervan) : was only on the market for 1 year ..
When you decide not to buy a cali , that's when making a choice becomes difficult ...you don't have vwcalforniaclub to help you and answer your questions..among other things.

Do think VW needs to change the concept as the sixer is just a small evolution on the fiver....
Even looking at a T4 there are many similarities to the recenter models .
Looking at the market of the campervans does give a whole lot of great features.

Do think VW needs to change the concept as the sixer is just a small evolution on the fiver....
Even looking at a T4 there are many similarities to the recenter models .
Looking at the market of the campervans does give a whole lot of great features.
don't think so..
Many changes in the vw bus concept are forced by safety and environmental and other technical reasons.
If not our cali would still look a lot like T1 I guess and people still loved it.
I'm convinced VW does know what to change or not to change for good reasons, what other manufacturer built as many iconic car models for so long (beetle transporter golf etc..), what other model keeps 50% of its value after 10 years ? Because they didn't change a lot I have access to a huge number of resources and accessories from precedent models I can still use. That's why many companies do the effort to produce accessories for the cali , they will sell it for many years and many models..

Many times I read the complaint and disappointment the new model looks so much like the older one. I almost never read what changes should have been made ? I f you have the older model be happy: it is so good it needed almost no changes to be conform contemporary standards.
What some people seem to want is a TRANSFORMER instead of a VW Transporter, but that is a fantasy vehicle existing only in movies and toy industry. an at least not for real in near future.

Back