Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New config options

Y

yossarian

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I see recent updates to the configurator. For a new ocean:
  • No TPMS, just the abs based system std.
  • One key
  • 17" Aracaju wheels only
  • "Suspension range 13"
  • Single multimedia unit. "Discover media". No pro
  • Standard extra seat rail. No seat option
  • Don't see the rear view camera
  • No mudflaps
  • No safe
I suspect this may be a work in progress and some logic will return in a few days...

[Edits - mudflaps/safe]

Last edited:
That's odd - I wonder if they are trying to cut down on the options to get the builds done quicker?

I'm pretty sure the rear camera was standard on the ocean.

My bet it they are adding more things into standard options thus removing them from the additional items list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It didn’t say 3rd rail was fitted, just preparation for 5th seat.
That option was fitted to almost every pre-reg ocean that I considered but 90% didn’t actually have the 3rd rail.

I think the site is still work in progress, give it another week & the full picture will emerge.

It didn’t say 3rd rail was fitted, just preparation for 5th seat.
That option was fitted to almost every pre-reg ocean that I considered but 90% didn’t actually have the 3rd rail.

I think the site is still work in progress, give it another week & the full picture will emerge.
Hi @andyinluton - I’m not sure I follow - do you mean that the ‘prep for fifth seat’ option doesn’t mean a third rail is fitted?

Hi @andyinluton - I’m not sure I follow - do you mean that the ‘prep for fifth seat’ option doesn’t mean a third rail is fitted?
Yes that is exactly what I mean. It is different to the option of 3rd rail ready for 5th seat.

At Xmas I was looking for a van specifically with either a fifth seat or if not the third rail ready fitted. The dealer had 6 vans with the preparation for 5th seat option listed - I’ll look up the option code when I get home, I thought we had hit the jackpot until he went and looked in the vans and only found one with the extra rail fitted.

All those vans were also registered as 5 seaters despite only having 4 seats.

@andyinluton that’s interesting and baffling. So how do you get the 3rd rail without ordering the 5th seat? Is that not an option?

One key?! Kinda hoping mine doesn't come with just one.

I*think* the rear camera was standard on UK vans. I had to spec it on the Spanish configurator.

@andyinluton that’s interesting and baffling. So how do you get the 3rd rail without ordering the 5th seat? Is that not an option?
The Configurator for Oceans is not finished. If you go to a coast under options section 07 Seating has 3 different tick boxes:

one is Seating preparation for 5 seats
Another is without seats , with additional seat rail
a third option is 1 swivel seat etc on rail system.

Compare that to the Ocean configurator & on the ocean you cant actually specify a 5th seat.

Similarly the Coast still has 18" wheels and Media pro etc still as options.

The Configurator for Oceans is not finished. If you go to a coast under options section 07 Seating has 3 different tick boxes:

Compare that to the Ocean configurator & on the ocean you cant actually specify a 5th seat.

Amazing they put anything other than a perfect configurator on the public website.
Amazing too at the inaccuracies last year - eg sports pack shows tinted living area windows, and fog lights (both standard) but doesn’t mention black wing mirrors (only available with the sports pack). Several other examples especially showing standard items in packs, implying you’re paying for them

I get the feeling that 5th seat prep involves at least some of the following:
  • Gross weight increase from 3000kg to 3080kg perhaps different springs.
  • 17" brakes.

I get the feeling that 5th seat prep involves at least some of the following:
  • Gross weight increase from 3000kg to 3080kg perhaps different springs.
  • 17" brakes.
Not on an ocean as those are all standard.
They are covered by the 17” chassis upgrade on the coast.
Unless of course it’s a “built in” none selectable option for UK oceans.

Looking at an ocean 150 config today I see:

• Comfort dash standard
  • 5 seat prep standard
  • Mudflaps tpms 4 keys and safe available.
  • Glove compartment door with light standard.
  • Z2C might be a no cost option
  • Lks plastic loading edge protection standard.
  • FMS interface for external use, standard equipment. (We connect fix maybe?)

• Comfort dash standard
  • 5 seat prep standard
So no change then?

Todays version of the configurator (14th June 2021) appears to have everything back in & selectable unlike yesterdays version.

• Comfort dash standard
  • 5 seat prep standard
Z2C is a cab glass upgrade for c£800. It comes with the sports pack and wasn’t available to actually order in MY21 (although it did appear on the configurator on the I’d be surprised if a no cost option, I doubt there’s a downside to laminated acoustic cab glass.
What is Lks?
And FMS?

So no change then?
The fancy glass was an expensive option, now looks no charge. Not sure about the comfort dash? And of course the indecipherable three letter options... I'll have a look through when I've got more than a phone to hand.

The fancy glass was an expensive option, now looks no charge. Not sure about the comfort dash? And of course the indecipherable three letter options... I'll have a look through when I've got more than a phone to hand.
I suspect when you try, you can’t spec Z2C, it’s an error

Back