Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New drawers Matron

Thanks for this helpful thread Cylopath. Have been in contact with Nick Winnall to discuss the step carpet. Have finally ordered our T6 Ocean this week.
What are the measurements for the living space when the rear seat pushed right back ? Is the T6 SE space the same as the T5 SE ?
It's great to have photos of how people organise their Cali.

Infact , I remember the figures.
If you look at my pics earlier, there is a beige carpet at the front of the living space. It is just about 50x100 but as you see , it is fully fitted.
When the seat if forward and bed down, it fully fills the floor
When the bed goes back. There is another space the same size
So I bought a lovely afghan rug 50 x100 that fitted th back space,
And I could slide it forward when the bed came forward...perfect fit.

The only problem was that you can't open the draw with the carpets doubled up( you can the single one)
So I put in the mat you see at the back half, and when I put the bed down, I roll that up and pop it between the drivers seats. Works well.

The other neat thing I did, if you look at the rear pic, is have the quilt and matress z folded back.
So when you put the bed down, you pull the seat forward, back down. Then pull the edge of the matress and quilt. It unfolds, and the bed is ready.
No rolling up and packing up.. It can be done in 30 secs.
This may only work as I have the integrated VW matress topper, with the single thick shelf bit.

Have fun.....I am still juggling and jiggling prior to the summer grand tour. New rear box arrives today!

Are you Greek calimera?
I am sure I learnt that as good morning when I had a summer job as a courier on the infamous Magic Bus, driving from zebrugge to Athens in 3 days and nights non stop.

Not Greek. Just lots of memorable holidays sailing & island hopping when our boys were small.
Looking forward to a bit of juggling & jiggling

Infact , I remember the figures.
If you look at my pics earlier, there is a beige carpet at the front of the living space. It is just about 50x100 but as you see , it is fully fitted.
When the seat if forward and bed down, it fully fills the floor
When the bed goes back. There is another space the same size
So I bought a lovely afghan rug 50 x100 that fitted th back space,
And I could slide it forward when the bed came forward...perfect fit.

The only problem was that you can't open the draw with the carpets doubled up( you can the single one)
So I put in the mat you see at the back half, and when I put the bed down, I roll that up and pop it between the drivers seats. Works well.

The other neat thing I did, if you look at the rear pic, is have the quilt and matress z folded back.
So when you put the bed down, you pull the seat forward, back down. Then pull the edge of the matress and quilt. It unfolds, and the bed is ready.
No rolling up and packing up.. It can be done in 30 secs.
This may only work as I have the integrated VW matress topper, with the single thick shelf bit.

Have fun.....I am still juggling and jiggling prior to the summer grand tour. New rear box arrives today!
My turtle mats are thin enough that the drawer still opens over them. They are light enough that they can be easily moved. At night we roll up the little one and stuff it somewhere. The large one fits between the runners when the bed slides forward.

Skylark, twisting mats, I never thaught of that, excellent idea.
I have just been up checking my drainage holes and cooling holes having read hotel California's post !

My turtle mats are thin enough that the drawer still opens over them. They are light enough that they can be easily moved. At night we roll up the little one and stuff it somewhere. The large one fits between the runners when the bed slides forward.
What a good idea. Washable mats , essential for our westies.

That's a seriously special Magic Carpet on the floor!

Skylark and Dottie, I got the step mats from Rugs for Bugs off eBay.
I initially ordered black with red edgingView attachment 11575But I was sent all black as in the earlier picView attachment 11576
So I emailed and said I really wanted red, but couldn't find them on the advert, so he sent me the red.
Was that what you were missing?
Are they their carpets too?
Do the runners go over them.
I'm tempted by the cali BB with blue edging. It'd really brighten things up.

Shudycamps , they are from rugs for bugs.
Skylark, the mat covers the rail, which is what I wanted,
The coloured one I have had in the house for years, and it just looked and fitted right. The front fitted one, which is the right size to fit the space when the seat is forward and bed down. It came with the back half, for when the seat is back, but I wanted a bit more colour.
I will see if I can find where I bought them from. They were part of a set, that included a fitted front one as well.

Shudycamps , they are from rugs for bugs.
Skylark, the mat covers the rail, which is what I wanted,
The coloured one I have had in the house for years, and it just looked and fitted right. The front fitted one, which is the right size to fit the space when the seat is forward and bed down. It came with the back half, for when the seat is back, but I wanted a bit more colour.
I will see if I can find where I bought them from. They were part of a set, that included a fitted front one as well.
No worries.
Thanks for the informative posts though.

Back