Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New drawers Matron

CYCLOPATH

CYCLOPATH

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I found getting things from the lower section of the cupboard difficult, especially anything slightly futher back.
So I have built some simple drawers.
Not as neat as the rear ones in an earlier beach post by Romke, I guess I could improve them, but they seem to work well.
There is a piece of wood to raise the front, so the drawer doesn't catch or rub on the door rails, and a piece of cardboard on the floor so the drawer rubs on that and not the floor, and doesn't catch the small lip at the back.
I can't seem to find the perfect 37x37 cm box. Any ideas?[/ATTACH]

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Great, love it!
That bit seems to be a bit of a glory hole in Starlight...
I have some nice baskets in the otherside to organise things.
I will watch for responses with interest.

Go on, show me your baskets?
Whenever I see a box or basket shop, b and q, Woolworth, hardware store, I am straight in there with my tape measure.

Try Hobby craft.

I have trawled through hobby craft Welshgas, they don't have a 37x37
Infact they didn't even have hotel California's 48 litre really useful box.

I see you are putting rubber matting on the bottom of your drawers. I used this matting too on bottom of everything to stop slips and slidings but it drove me mad! It was the matting that kept slipping!

You might be interested in this-it can be cut to size. Is quite thick and very stable - I use it on the floor of my kitchen cupboard.
InterDesign Orbz Large Kitchen Sink Protector Mat, Graphite

Then I use Con-Tact premium ribbed shelf liner for all other shelves. It can be cut exactly to size and doesn't budge!

Thanks dottie
The non slip mat does wrinkle up a bit at times
Your stuff looks better, I will give it a go
I got some other stuff from b&q for the boot....grey/fairly robust.
Think I have everything covered now....!

Go on, show me your baskets?
Whenever I see a box or basket shop, b and q, Woolworth, hardware store, I am straight in there with my tape measure.
The baskets are usually full of food but are empty for winter as I noticed the bottles got lots of condensation. I bought the baskets from Aldi.
The top basket has coffee, tea, herbs, spices, salt, pepper, ketchup, Henderson's relish, chilli sauce, roll of plastic bags. A box of cereal and water bottles down the side.
The bottom ones leave space for arow of tins of hotdog sausages tomatoes chickpeas mackerel beans. One basket has Batchelors pasta, super noodles, cous cous, chicken poodle soup, wraps etc. Any fresh bread rests on the top.
Will photo again when we refill for the next trip.

20160120_133415.jpg

20160120_133352.jpg

Last edited:
Skylark are the RSPCA aware of the Chicken and Poodle soup?? I have a slightly nervous Cali Dog sat beside me!

Skylark are the RSPCA aware of the Chicken and Poodle soup?? I have a slightly nervous Cali Dog sat beside me!
I was testing to see if anyone noticed :D

Skylark and Dottie, I got the step mats from Rugs for Bugs off eBay.
I initially ordered black with red edgingimage.jpegBut I was sent all black as in the earlier picimage.jpeg
So I emailed and said I really wanted red, but couldn't find them on the advert, so he sent me the red.
Was that what you were missing?

I initially ordered black with red edgingView attachment 11575But I was sent all black as in the earlier picView attachment 11576
So I emailed and said I really wanted red, but couldn't find them on the advert, so he sent me the red.
They are great. How do they stick?
I fancy some in blue, our "colour"

They have a rubber bottom, but then some double sided carpet tape.
I liked the idea of a red carpet leading into my van!

Colour choices are interesting .
I lived near a Steiner school where they used different colours for different stages of educational development, and I recently heard that if you have coloured plates, green I think, it encourages you to eat more. They had tested them in nursing homes where stimulating appetite was important.

I notice your blue theme skylark, even blue baskets!
I am not sure you can get them in blue, but you can get black with blue black edging, like the red,black in my earlier pic

Perfect! I've emailed them already....hoping they might stitch our names on the mat....so exciting! I'll let you know how I get on.

Question for you: does the mat stay in place ok?

...and now wondering if I could teach Dottie to wipe her feet on her way in?!!

Without the double sided tape the mats would move, even with the rubber bottom, as there is a sort of outwards type of movement, could even be dangerous.
They are fine at the moment with the tape,
I haven't had them long enough to know how long it will last, but I have put a roll of tape in the bits and bobs box, as they are sure to go wrong half way through a long holiday away.
Do show me a pic when yours come, I didn't think of getting my name on.

When we were skiing recently, our boots were always wet, and we left them on the door step, it seemed to work well. Socks only in the van.

Back