Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New forum style

It all looks great and it sounds like uploading photos and avatars will be a doddle now. Thanks to the admin team for all your hard work! :)

Maud

I need 2 actions to preview a post before sending it?

Nice work all looks good

Looking good may taken a while to get to understand how it all works
Site looks nice although haven't had time to go through in detail.
I do keep getting an annoying pop up asking me to download Tapatalk.
I don't want this post to open up a discussion the merits or otherwise of Tapatalk. Suffice to say I don't like it, I don't want it and I would be grateful if the annoying little pop up would disappear? Please?

Site looks nice although haven't had time to go through in detail.
I do keep getting an annoying pop up asking me to download Tapatalk.
I don't want this post to open up a discussion the merits or otherwise of Tapatalk. Suffice to say I don't like it, I don't want it and I would be grateful if the annoying little pop up would disappear? Please?

Agree its annoying, anyone that uses tapatalk will already know about it so ive disabled the welcome screen and the notification banner that pops up.

Hope thats better :)

Th
Agree its annoying, anyone that uses tapatalk will already know about it so ive disabled the welcome screen and the notification banner that pops up.

Hope thats better :)
Thank you, this is appreciated.
By the way, the 'my profile' section is excellent easier to use and navigate than the last arrangement. Well done!

Just so you all know, the forum will be put into Maintenance mode ( closed ) for an hour or so either very shortly or tomorrow morning while we try and import 6 lost threads.

We wont be down too long, don't panic :)

Like the look and 'feel' of the site revision, but a bit mystified by the icons under 'Start Date' in the FORUMS. I guess the padlock symbol means 'locked', I think the 'Red Pin' symbol must mean something similar, but I have no idea what the 'sunglasses' mean, nor where I can find an answer to these mysteries.

Probably being a bit thick!

but a bit mystified by the icons under 'Start Date'

I am not sure what you mean by this?

I think the 'Red Pin' symbol must mean something similar,

redpin.png
Red pin means it is a sticky thread ( stays at the top for a certain time)

have no idea what the 'sunglasses' mean,

sunglasses.png
This means you are watching the thread, for example: when that thread has had a reply you will receive an email to inform you.

Last edited:
Thanks Martin...it all becomes clear. Hadn't thought that 'sunglasses' would mean 'watching', obviously!

The 'icons' I was referring to are the red pin and sunglasses symbols. Is there a legend for all these symbols somewhere or is it presumed that 'Internet people' know them all?

Thanks for taking the time to lighten my darkness!

Trevor

Back