Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Forum Tips and Tricks - What can the new forum do?

david white

david white

Administrator
Staff member
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I notice we have heaps of new features on the new forum so I thought it would be cool if we listed them all in this thread, so what have you found that the new forum can do?

I have found it keeps me very busy:)

If you highlight a single word or sentence in someones post you will see a REPLY icon come up, click this and you can use it as a quote in your own post

If you are a VIP member you can add a small quote under your username.

>Click on your name in top right
>Select Personal Details
>Scroll down to Custom Title
>You can now input a short line of text

If you are a VIP member you can add a small quote under your username.

>Click on your name in top right
>Select Personal Details
>Scroll down to Custom Title
>You can now input a short line of text

Thank you Martin :)

I'd be grateful if someone could explain the row of icons at the very bottom of every post. The thumbs up and down are self explanatory but what do the others mean and what happens if you select them? :embarrased

If you hover your cursor over them, Looby, it should tell you what each one means :)

In case you can't get the hovering function to work, in order they mean the following - like, dislike, agree, disagree, funny, great post, informative, friendly, useful, optimistic, creative, old news, bad spelling, dumb.

Hope that helps,
Maud

Thank you Maud, there was no hovering function but I tapped each to select then was given the option to remove the selection.

I couldn't get the hovering to work (on my iPad) so thank you for the explanation Maud.

Also, I couldn't select a word or sentence in a post for use as a quote - my iPad seems to want all or nothing.

Is there a users guide to the Forums on the VW California Club website? I couldn't find one so I tried YouTube for anything on the XenForo forum software - but soon lost the will to live!

If you click the reply at the bottom of the post that does the same
And quotes the post

What is a status message on our profile?

On a PC, is 'new posts' the the equivalent of the old 'unread posts'? Marking all forums as read resets the count of new posts, so guessing it's the new term?

Yes that's right new posts is the old unread posts and recent posts
Is the new active topics