Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New fridge required?!

M

martinblago

I hae been advised by VW that the fridge in my 2006 California doesn't work; the solution - £1200 for a replacement!!

Surely this can't be my only option? I have tried to get in contact with a Waeco engineer who has agreed to come and have a look at it over the next few weeks, however, he doesn't sound confident...

Has anyone had this issue before and managed to arrive at a solution <£1200?

martinblago said:
I hae been advised by VW that the fridge in my 2006 California doesn't work; the solution - £1200 for a replacement!!

Surely this can't be my only option? I have tried to get in contact with a Waeco engineer who has agreed to come and have a look at it over the next few weeks, however, he doesn't sound confident...

Has anyone had this issue before and managed to arrive at a solution <£1200?
Second hand one from Europe, I think there is a polish seller with lots of Cali parts

beardie said:
Second hand one from Europe, I think there is a polish seller with lots of Cali parts

This person is selling the full internal equipment, and the roof parts (why?? I have no idea !!.)
Model 2007
http://otomoto.pl/volkswagen-california ... 26164.html

Also, is your fridge completely dead? what are the symptoms?. I would imagine most of the parts can be replaced individually, like the motor or electronic circuits.
Sometimes it is enough to reset the fridge control by holding the control panel bottom right switch for 5 seconds.

Andresz said:
beardie said:

This person is selling the full internal equipment, and the roof parts (why?? I have no idea !!.)
Model 2007
http://otomoto.pl/volkswagen-california ... 26164.html

Also, is your fridge completely dead? what are the symptoms?. I would imagine most of the parts can be replaced individually, like the motor or electronic circuits.
Insurance write off I expect.

beardie said:
Insurance write off I expect.

Well, I don't know. Anyway: good chance for any of you to upgrage to the proper hard top. :laugh2

Having sent numerous emails to individuals/companies who are/should be in the know I have been informed that the fridge in the California (Waeco) is very reliable. Consequently, the problem will more than likely be a low voltage issue i.e. the power circuitry within the van.

Glad I didn't replace it straight away!

The saga continues...

Hi
Just wondering if you managed to sort out this issue with your non running fridge??

Back