Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New July 2013 California Brochure

R

Robovw

Hi

I have been sent an email by VW dealer with the new UK July 2013 brochure and attach a link to it below.
It confirms the electric hookup and DSG for the Beach and a few other changes like the premium pack at £2800. There is also a water heater as well as the parking heater for the Beach. Anyone have any more info on the differences?

Those waiting to order a new Beach can now go ahead.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nm49nwi1a17u9x0/California and Caddy Maxi Camper brochure.pdf

I don't get it, no option for a water heater for the SE!

Why would the Beach need it but the SE not?

Also, it doesn't appear possible to select privacy glass on the SE.

:headbang

I wonder if the 'water heater' is actually the adaptation of the Webasto engine (water) pre-heater providing a lower cost parking heater for Beach owners. Webasto can supply the control elements for this existing heater to allow engine and cabin preheating.
This would explain why it wasn't available on the SE (already standard issue parking heater) and there is no additional detail of where this new hot water is going to be delivered to you in the vehicle that has no existing plumbing!
Just guessing.......
BW
Andy

The "parking heater with timer and auxiliary heater" is the same cost option on both the SE and Beach?? The SE already has the Parking Heater so why are they the same cost? This must make it the best heater option in the Beach?

drbob said:
I wonder if the 'water heater' is actually the adaptation of the Webasto engine (water) pre-heater providing a lower cost parking heater for Beach owners. Webasto can supply the control elements for this existing heater to allow engine and cabin preheating.
This would explain why it wasn't available on the SE (already standard issue parking heater) and there is no additional detail of where this new hot water is going to be delivered to you in the vehicle that has no existing plumbing!
Just guessing.......
BW
Andy

Sounds like a reasonable supposition actually, I thought the same about the plumbing.

There doesn't seem to be much care in the preparation of the Cali manuals, it also has sections cut n pasted from the transporter van options!...

Robovw said:
Hi

I have been sent an email by VW dealer with the new UK July 2013 brochure and attach a link to it below.
It confirms the electric hookup and DSG for the Beach and a few other changes like the premium pack at £2800. There is also a water heater as well as the parking heater for the Beach. Anyone have any more info on the differences?

Those waiting to order a new Beach can now go ahead.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nm49nwi1a17u9x0/California and Caddy Maxi Camper brochure.pdf

Moving to more european specs then - which is good - there's premium pack available in LHD markets -wonder how it compares to the UK.

DSG a great option - would certainly have that - i said in a previous post I suspected that they would off it.

At the risk of... (Lee) --- I'd take the DSG - next Beach if I am so fortunate will be DSG.

James

This spec would make sense for us with hookup and parking heater, can anyone recommend some good deals of vans with this spec?

Sunny Yellow available for the SE as well!? mmm, methinks it's a typo..

Back