New Member in Bavaria, Germany.

• Thread starter California_Ocean
  • Start date
California_Ocean

California_Ocean

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hello to All. .... I've always dreamed of owning a VW Camper and per chance saw a gorgeous one in a dealer showroom over Christmas (we were just looking, honest). .... Bay Leaf Green / Candy White 150kW DSG T6.1 Ocean 4Motion - showroom display model so loaded with all the goodies - apart from a diff-lock ... grrrr - can't have everything I guess ... couldn't resist it and bought it there and then. Stan the Van arrives next weekend. My first camper van and hoping to have great fun exploring Europe in it ... I'm a bit of an idiot and didn't test drive one, couldn't drive the one we bought because it was on summer tyres .... so hired a Beach and drove 1500 km to Croatia and back - what an experience!!! One of the most comfortable and relaxing vehicles I have ever driven ... anyways, I live just south of Munich in Germany so hello to all, first project is to fit solar so hopefully the forums will help.

20211229_154510.jpg

Hello to All. .... I've always dreamed of owning a VW Camper and per chance saw a gorgeous one in a dealer showroom over Christmas (we were just looking, honest). .... Bay Leaf Green / Candy White 150kW DSG T6.1 Ocean 4Motion - showroom display model so loaded with all the goodies - apart from a diff-lock ... grrrr - can't have everything I guess ... couldn't resist it and bought it there and then. Stan the Van arrives next weekend. My first camper van and hoping to have great fun exploring Europe in it ... I'm a bit of an idiot and didn't test drive one, couldn't drive the one we bought because it was on summer tyres .... so hired a Beach and drove 1500 km to Croatia and back - what an experience!!! One of the most comfortable and relaxing vehicles I have ever driven ... anyways, I live just south of Munich in Germany so hello to all, first project is to fit solar so hopefully the forums will help.

View attachment 87976
Looks the business :welcome

Looks lovely - hope you enjoy your new Ocean - the accessory hunt starts now.
Thank-you .... accessories ... biggest headache I'll face I think. Maybe time to start a thread on peoples' favourite/essential accessories - because I haven't got a clue. All I've settled on so far is a set of carpets for the rear, awning tie-downs and some roof-bars for the kayak.

View attachment 87976
What a beauty