New members

• Thread starter Dave Brookes 2022
  • Start date
Dave Brookes 2022

Dave Brookes 2022

Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi,me and my wife are new owners of a used Grand California 680 4Motion
Does anybody know if factory equipment (ie WiFi,Satellite TV) can be added afterwards

Welcome to the forum! Sorry we own an Ocean, so can’t assist on your question this time. Suspect the answer is a yes. Try searching the forum, or a Google search often lists this forums threads.

Does anybody know if factory equipment (ie WiFi,Satellite TV) can be added afterwards
I can only advise upon the Wi-Fi and the answer is yes as the wiring is already in place under the driver’s seat and goes back to the control pane, you will have to run the antenna and cabling from under the seat up the B pillar to above the sliding door Which would be where the antenna would be mounted.
Personally I would install the latest 5G Teltonika mobile router.

what MY is your 680?

I can only advise upon the Wi-Fi and the answer is yes as the wiring is already in place under the driver’s seat and goes back to the control pane, you will have to run the antenna and cabling from under the seat up the B pillar to above the sliding door Which would be where the antenna would be mounted.
Personally I would install the latest 5G Teltonika mobile router.

what MY is your 680?
Thank you Jester,great info I’ve seen the loom under the drivers seat today,our GC is a 2021

As @Jester has said the Wi-Fi is fairly straight forward, although if you wish to fit the antenna as per factory then you will need to remove some panelling and fit the antenna above the sliding door in the roof void. You can go up the behind b pillar trim and into that space.
Regarding the satellite I think that would be quite a bit more involved, including mounting and supporting the large dish on the roof. Not sure it’s worth it. So easy to stream stuff nowadays. Decent sim and you’re sorted.

As @Jester has said the Wi-Fi is fairly straight forward, although if you wish to fit the antenna as per factory then you will need to remove some panelling and fit the antenna above the sliding door in the roof void. You can go up the behind b pillar trim and into that space.
Regarding the satellite I think that would be quite a bit more involved, including mounting and supporting the large dish on the roof. Not sure it’s worth it. So easy to stream stuff nowadays. Decent sim and you’re sorted.
Thank you,all this info is much appreciated

The 5G Router looks great,would this unit plug straight into the loom under the seat?
Pretty much yes have a look on the Teltonika site as there is a connector block and loom for their router then just a case of activating it via the control panel, once activated you will be able to turn on and off via the panel.

Hi all

Does anyone know if the same applies to the T6.1 Ocean? Thanks

Back