Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Ocean nightmare

C

Cornwallbelle

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi everyone I have been reading all the posts to get good advice about specs and ordering a new 204 Cali and I did order an all singing and dancing Ocean, specifically as I am a wheelchair user. However the dealer has has become an absolute nightmare. Lookers Guildford?
We ordered and paid deposit in February and are supposed to be collecting today and they have just e mailed and said the specifications are not as ordered?
Any recommendations on a better dealer anywhere down the southwest corridor so we can start again.

Hi everyone I have been reading all the posts to get good advice about specs and ordering a new 204 Cali and I did order an all singing and dancing Ocean, specifically as I am a wheelchair user. However the dealer has has become an absolute nightmare. Lookers Guildford?
We ordered and paid deposit in February and are supposed to be collecting today and they have just e mailed and said the specifications are not as ordered?
Any recommendations on a better dealer anywhere down the southwest corridor so we can start again.
An unusual first post. What's the issue with the one you ordered.?

Mike

I would find out the differences and if you can live with them ask for a big discount. Alternatively get them/VW to give the the wrong cali as a loan vehicle while the re-order with the correct spec.

What are the differences in spec? Are they crucial? Some on here have had wrong colour interior, not 4motion when should've been, missing seats, and even additions to the spec (I got headlight washers for no reason!).
If you give us a little more info then we might be able to point you in the right direction. If the dealers/vw are in the wrong then you are in a position of strength and things should eventually (after some hassle) turn out well for you.

I got mine from Lookers Guildford and couldn't fault them

Thanks for replies I was expecting to post a happy review for our first time.
We are just trying to work out all the different specification changes as the dealer is being very vague.
I will post again as soon as I have the detail.

Many thanks and enjoy the sun

A quick update on collecting our new Cali and we still haven't been able to as it has not been PDi or actually registered.
We have wasted a weekend trying to collect on Saturday and Sunday and then assured it would be all ready on Monday?
It has been in the dealership since the first week of July, Lookers Peasmarsh are in a shambles they have no idea what they are doing, we are just at a loss what to do. We live in Cornwall and I have bought previous vans & truck so thought it was an easy solution to use
Lookers again.
What a shame and I hope no one else has the problems we are experiencing

IMG_4266.JPG

A quick update on collecting our new Cali and we still haven't been able to as it has not been PDi or actually registered.
We have wasted a weekend trying to collect on Saturday and Sunday and then assured it would be all ready on Monday?
It has been in the dealership since the first week of July, Lookers Peasmarsh are in a shambles they have no idea what they are doing, we are just at a loss what to do. We live in Cornwall and I have bought previous vans & truck so thought it was an easy solution to use
Lookers again.
Have you established what is actually 'wrong' with your van? What is the reason they are giving?

supposed to be collecting today and they have just e mailed and said the specifications are not as ordered?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and then assured it would be all ready on Monday?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
they seem to being say on one hand ready to collect and on the other the order is wrong.
I would being saying EXPLAIN the issue fully to the dealer and why has in been with them from July until nearly the end of August - did they drop it!
You must be aware of the waiting times if you start again.
:welcome to ownership (almost)

Lookers again.

View attachment 24800

Starting pont, as a few have said ....

What are the differences?

Secondly contact VWUK customer services and give them hell,

I'm sorry you are having this problem. It's dreadful when things go wrong like this. I hope it is resolved soon.

Am I the only one confused by this thread.

What spec have you ordered ?

What is the issue with the Cali you've ordered.

Mike

Mike
I'm a bit confused too - some good negotiation should sort this issue to both sides satisfaction...............yes?

I can't make head nor tail of it.

To the OP, what's wrong with it?

Mike

Seems to me he has been using your Cali for two months as eyecatcher in his showroom and using it to show off hoping for others to sign a deal ordering a Cali also.
If your Cali was there allready begin july and collect this week i would be demanding ,,not asking , but demanding a reasable explenation and compensation.
They took away the two summermonths to go camping in your brand new Cali !

Last edited:
ask for discount. if it's their cock up you should be compensated...then take the van as is....all calls are fantastic so I doubt you would miss whatever extra you ordered....xenon lights or turning lights or whatever....take it and get a discount

From the photo you have 4motion, led headlights, autonomous breaking and the crome pack.
Unless it's empty you cant be far off perfect:)

Perhaps they are trying to get demonstrators discount without telling you.

Last edited:
From the photo you have 4motion, led headlights, autonomous breaking and the crome pack.
Unless it's empty you cant be far off perfect:)

Perhaps they are trying to get demonstrators discount without telling you.
My thoughts exactly...pic in showroom, been with dealer for a while, vague messages about wrong spec and delays picking it up, made me wonder if they're trying to string it out.

As for spec, it's also got privacy and awning, so the only other deal breaker for me on an Ocean would be if I wanted DSG and it was a manual.

...but worth noting if you did want to reorder there are quite a few of us who have ordered recently and are only waiting about 12 weeks, so I'd totally consider that option if the perfect van is what you want. And if you're not happy with the dealer get a refund of the deposit and take your business elsewhere. I went with Carrs in Exeter so closer to you, good discount and so far so good for me (I'm yet to take delivery).

sort it mate and tell us what exactly happened?

If it really is the wrong spec then you can complain to VWCS who should ensure you have a loan van until the van with the correct spec is delivered. They did it for us and I think other folks on the forum.

Having said that it seems something very fishy is going on with the van in the showroom etc. Did you buy a demonstrator?

Try Dan Charlesworth at Snows in Plympton.01752 822790. We got our Ocean from them and we were very happy with the service. Mind you it was a demo, but all the same worth a try.

What a confusing thread ? if it was an order with the dealer why was the Cali shown (assuming it is his on deposit) in show room like a demonstrator?

Back