Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Sanef toll tag

bigmac77

bigmac77

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
I received an email from Sanef today informing me that they now do a tag for Spain and Portugal.

Just in case anyone is interested.

Last edited:
I received an email from Sanef today informing me that they now do a tag for Spain and Portugal.

Just in case anyone is interested.

Yep and me. Any idea if existing users need to replace. I presume so.
Not got any bills through yet for my recent visit to Spain & Portugal.

Edit: Had a look and it’s a separate tag.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Yep, looks to be a separate tag for both Spain and Portugal.

Yes its an additional tag with additional fees just added to your existing account - needs 20 euro deposit, 10 euro application fee & 6 euro annual fee on top of what I'm paying already.

I can confirm that our exisiting Sanef tag did not work in Spain despite the website saying it would so they have obviously been having problems.
One thing to watch is that they do not carry on charging the annual fee for your old one which will probably have to be returned to avoid charges.
We had a new one about three years ago when the battery ran out on our original one and they are still trying to take the annual fee.

Briwy
The new tag is in addition to the existing one, you end up with 2 tags 2 sets of fees etc.

Ok. Pretty pointless then. May as well just get a Spanish one. Might be worth comparing prices.

I think the actual tolls are the same irrespective of supplier of the tag. This is just convenient as it all goes on the same account in English etc

Ok. Pretty pointless then. May as well just get a Spanish one. Might be worth comparing prices.
Maybe but it covers both Spanish and Portuguese tolls in one tag so if you travel there a bit then not pointless.

One day we all need bigger windscreens with all the tags, stickers, bizz etc ;-)

One day we all need bigger windscreens with all the tags, stickers, bizz etc ;-)
Agree. Already have 3 tags, 2 Enviromental stickers, 2 x Vignette stickers and a Parking Pass, but passed the MOT so visibility still OK.:thumb

Maybe but it covers both Spanish and Portuguese tolls in one tag so if you travel there a bit then not pointless.

So, is it one new one or an extra one as andyinluton said above? If it is one tag that covers both then I'd consider it.

So, is it one new one or an extra one as andyinluton said above? If it is one tag that covers both then I'd consider it.
1 Tag for France and 1 Tag covering Spain and Portugal.

Thinking about a tag (3 or 4 trips PA) since I read that class 1 is 2 metres for the vehicle, BUT roof box etc don't count and increase it to class 2.
When I travel with a set of bars and skis on the roof it always goes to class 2 and I've not got round to challenging it but with a tag it would appear to be easier to get a refund!?
Anyone had this issue before?

Thinking about a tag (3 or 4 trips PA) since I read that class 1 is 2 metres for the vehicle, BUT roof box etc don't count and increase it to class 2.
When I travel with a set of bars and skis on the roof it always goes to class 2 and I've not got round to challenging it but with a tag it would appear to be easier to get a refund!?
Anyone had this issue before?
easy to get a refund online in your account.