Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T4 California Exclusive

Bobby D

Bobby D

VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 Hightop
Deposit Paid... Moving on from my T5 Bodans of Shrewsbury Pop Top Conversion (shout out if anyone wants a really good well priced Pop Top T5 - 2005 model) to this. Just need to fixed/replace night heater but other than that it's all intact and working. Nice spec too with heated seats/air con/cruise/Gamma 6CD and the important cup holders! Also has 2 sets of the original wheel trims.

Will be a welcome bonus to be able to use the loo standing up whilst the kids are still in bed and make a cuppa without stooping over...the pop tops are great but i've got a feeling we will use this much more come winter time.CaliExclusiveSilver.jpg

Congratulations. I love my exclusive and it's flexibility.

Search out the exclusive forum NL for specific info.

Lucky you :thumb
We love ours, very well build and trustworthy, also with all the extra's.
Wintercamp very comfy once you"ll have the heater fixed.
If you need specific information, just give a shout.
Enjoy!

Enjoy!
All home now, bus in in great order, other than a few odd jobs, everything is original and intact which is a bonus.

Just have to get a spare weekend now to look into the heater issue and replace the leisure battery (seen them on Tanya for about £280)

Enjoy!
Hi There … just got myself an exclusive .. would you mind helping me out ? Could do with knowing how to operate and get to the cassette to empty the loo .. also .. I can’t seem to get the gas hob to work .. turned on at the bottle and a switch underneath but no gas coming through .. am I missing something? … in fact I could do with advice on kust about everything !! Don’t know how to turn on the night heater etc!
Can yiu tell I’m a newbie!
Any help / advice will be greatly appreciated
Thanks.
Ian.

Hi There … just got myself an exclusive .. would you mind helping me out ? Could do with knowing how to operate and get to the cassette to empty the loo .. also .. I can’t seem to get the gas hob to work .. turned on at the bottle and a switch underneath but no gas coming through .. am I missing something? … in fact I could do with advice on kust about everything !! Don’t know how to turn on the night heater etc!
Can yiu tell I’m a newbie!
Any help / advice will be greatly appreciated
Thanks.
Ian.
Hi
I I had the same issue until I put on my glasses lol -now assuming .
1. you have gas in bottle
2.. bottle is turned on at regulator
3 . Gas tap under cooker is turned on ( in line with pipe run )
now the final trick look hard at the gas switch on face of cooker , gas supply is achieved by pushing gas switch. “in“ at the vertical position (12 o’clock) this is max gas supply. It won’t start in the 3 or 9 o’clock position .
failing the above the thermo couple could have failed , though unlikely on both gas rings . Hope this helps . Still working through the Exclusive myself
kevin

Ah … push the button in at 12 O’clock … will give that a try … thanks for your help, much appreciated…

Hi, I'll check next weekend for a manual. Concerning the cassette: you first have to open the back service hatch (black knob in the middle at the bottom, when looking backwards between loo and high cupboard. From the outside, you"ll see at the left the cassette. Just press down the yellow "brake" and pull out the cassette. Very simple in fact. When empty you should fill it with some water and add a fragrance: we use the Thetford Aqua Kem Green Sachets, very handy.

There are still manuals for the service workshop available on eBay for the California Exclusive. May be worth buying one as it does show lots of parts etc. Some great videos on YouTube too of a couple of demos from older Rental companies in Spain and Holland, showing how all the bits work.

Good luck getting the timer to do what you want!:mute:headbang

Back