Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Some good news finally ! Confirmed build week 10 ! :) anyone know how long from build to delivery ?
That depends on the options you chose and the availability of them. I understand build is a week in each of the 2 factories involved if they have all the parts. If they don’t have all your options, then they do the build, but will park it up till the missing pieces arrive, after which it’s completed and signed off. All being well you should have your California between 6 to 8 weeks after the build starts. Mine went into build late July 21 and I received it mid/late September. You should have it during May :).

@ardm17
Not sure if things have changed but MyVW used to only give visibility VW cars and not VW commercial vehicles. A Cali’ obviously starts life as a commercial vehicle.
Yes, I think you are right with that, guessing maybe it works once you have an actual VIN number to add. Gradually working the 'excitement' out of my system and settling done to the long wait and eventual 'surprise' of delivery. Doesn't stop the continued purchase of 'stuff for the van' though ... :(

Yes, I think you are right with that, guessing maybe it works once you have an actual VIN number to add. Gradually working the 'excitement' out of my system and settling done to the long wait and eventual 'surprise' of delivery. Doesn't stop the continued purchase of 'stuff for the van' though ... :(
Unfortunately our recent experience is that the app doesn’t allow you to track a Cali through build. I did check with VW Chat, who also confirmed this. The only source is via your dealer. Once your Cali is delivered, the app then can be activated.

We ordered our Ocean 204 with Towbar and Style pack on the 3rd week of March 2021 through VW Liverpool and after many delivery dates coming and going, the build date of week 7 2022 was confirmed. Just waiting for delivery now. I've never seen one with a Style pack so hopefully not disappointed when it arrives.

We ordered our Ocean 204 with Towbar and Style pack on the 3rd week of March 2021 through VW Liverpool and after many delivery dates coming and going, the build date of week 7 2022 was confirmed. Just waiting for delivery now. I've never seen one with a Style pack so hopefully not disappointed when it arrives.
Is the style pack the blacked out valence and cills?

Ordered a Coast at the end of October 2021 and today a VIN appeared at myvw webpage. Dealer says he doesn't see anything in the system.. What now?
And today a sketch of a van appeared at myvw webpage. My dealer still doesn't see anything in the system, just build week 12. Funny stuff!

Ordered a Beach camper at the beginning of July 2021 and had been told in January of a provisional build in February. Yesterday I was told that it was the parking assist and electric door that is stopping completion so will more likely be March or even April before completion of build. Not much can be done really but wait patiently.

And today a sketch of a van appeared at myvw webpage. My dealer still doesn't see anything in the system, just build week 12. Funny stuff!
Sorry but I cannot get the myVW page to track an order in the UK…..where are you?

Sorry but I cannot get the myVW page to track an order in the UK…..where are you?
Me neither, although I’m pretty interested in sagy’s order. We ordered a Coast in the first week of November 21 so we are only a couple of weeks apart in the ‘queue’. The only ‘order number’ I have is from the dealer in Liverpool which isn’t accepted at login. Phil

Me neither, although I’m pretty interested in sagy’s order. We ordered a Coast in the first week of November 21 so we are only a couple of weeks apart in the ‘queue’. The only ‘order number’ I have is from the dealer in Liverpool which isn’t accepted at login. Phil
Spoke to my dealer in Reading, UK today and now have a confirmed build start week 11 (w/c 7th March). Trying not to get too excited but could be April delivery……

Ordered end of July 2021, I had build week 14 2022.

However now I’ve been told the build week has been removed.

If anyone is interested, non UK buyers:

The sketch of a van is now gone, after one day, and six "photos" of an actual van are visible.

Reading old posts this should mean the van has been built? Well, yesterday the dealer didn't have any clue of that. Just that the build is scheduled for week 12.

Is there any orders from June/July for Cali Ocean’s in UK with updates? All gone quiet again, anyone got any progress?

Is there any orders from June/July for Cali Ocean’s in UK with updates? All gone quiet again, anyone got any progress?
I’m a late July order and have seen at least one July order for an Ocean get his build date over on the FB page - so heartening. I try not to bother my dealer too much so generally just get in touch start of each month, so back end of next week will hopefully find out more. Only info I have is “April build” and he said that is all VW will tell them, so I’m not sure if that is waffle from him, or others getting build numbers month in advance is waffle from their dealers, but… As long as it is here May/Early June I’ll be a happy bunny. Will revert when I get more info in a week or so. I don’t have 4M or Tow but I do have just about every other option on the card, so who knows…

I ordered mine in June 21 and have just received an email from the broker to say that it would be built next month (March 22) and “The dealer has advised that for certain vehicles they are not currently using the normal production codes. They have production months that they are advising so it is difficult to tell if this is confirmed.” I haven’t been given a build week and was told they are now not doing this on some orders and would only inform once actually built. I have previously been given three different build weeks 7/21/17 and it all sounds a bit strange to me so not counting on anything.

Nothing new, I ordered 30th June and got the VW acknowledgement email a few days later. Emailed dealer at the end of Jan who said it was status 10 for week 20 (1st week of May). He expected it should move to status 20 (confirmed build) sometime this month and would update me accordingly.

Will drop him an email next week if I don't hear anything.

Nothing new, I ordered 30th June and got the VW acknowledgement email a few days later. Emailed dealer at the end of Jan who said it was status 10 for week 20 (1st week of May). He expected it should move to status 20 (confirmed build) sometime this month and would update me accordingly.

Will drop him an email next week if I don't hear anything.
Interesting. I ordered on exactly the same day (Liverpool) - an Ocean 204 4M. I've been advised that the vehicle is still not showing a build week, but on the last factory update (whenever that was ?) it was sheduled for March

Interesting. I ordered on exactly the same day (Liverpool) - an Ocean 204 4M. I've been advised that the vehicle is still not showing a build week, but on the last factory update (whenever that was ?) it was sheduled for March
TBH that sounds fully in line with everything I was told. VW (they said) will not give out any build weeks until they are 100% sure it's actually going to be built and will just tell the dealer the month they will "endeavour" to build the vehicle in. For July orders that seems to be April, so for June March lines up with that. We were told that the April date was pretty reliable but until VW advises otherwise it could be the first week or last week for build. The bit we watch daily/hourly/by the minute is that things do seem to be speeding up across the board. So some vans are coming early/faster (here and in the 6.1 forum), factories are getting back to normal and the supply chain is starting to flow again. The main issue still remains as chips and that is likely due to China still being very strict on COVID measures. Other factories are getting back to speed second and third tier suppliers who supply items like tow bars etc should be less of a problem.

Last edited:
We ordered ours last March with no idea when it would be built. Jan2022 we were told build would hopefully be week four.
Our California is due to be delivered today to dealer. 11 months apparently is the average wait but depends what you ordered.

I received a confirmed build date for our Coast around 5 weeks before actual build week. Coast ordered in July, was originally scheduled for week 16. Update received from dealer on 4th Feb advised a confirmed build week of week 7 (last week) - will chase dealer end of next week for an update.

I was told initially at order "officially" VW were saying expected March / April delivery but realistically the dealer said more likely May.

Until I emailed last month, I hadn't asked for (or received) any other build info. It sounds like people in similar situations date and spec wise are mainly seeing their dates brought forward by a month, sometimes more. Had my fingers crossed mine will be similar and be here late May in time for my Birthday (!) and the long BH weekend at the beginning of June.

However watching the California Chris video last night about tow bars saying that they are in constrained supply and delaying builds has cast a shadow over that....

Just collected my van back after an agonising 4 days having its gtechniq ceramic coating , it isnt ever going to be this clean again , thanks to the guys at Atom detailing in sheffield amazing job love the sideways on shot its things on the garage floor its picking up in the reflection as its crazily shiny :) KEEP THE FAITH THEY DO ARRIVE I PROMISE

IMG_7706.jpg

IMG_7700.jpeg

IMG_7708.jpg

IMG_7709.jpg

D5U_0176.jpg

DSCF2417-Edit.jpg

DSCF2424.jpg

DSCF2433.jpg

DSCF2443-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
We ordered 31st march and where given a confirmed build week 4...week commencing 24th jan.
Contacted the dealer last Friday for an update and was told its "still in build" as there are still issues with parts.
We have ordered a tow bar but he didn't know if this was the hold up.
Asked the dealer to let us know when the build was finished but not heard anything since.
Its driving us crackers
We ordered ours last March with no idea when it would be built. Jan2022 we were told build would hopefully be week four.
Our California is due to be delivered today to dealer. 11 months apparently is the average wait but depends what you ordered.

Exactly the same here, although initially I had build week 10 unconfirmed it is now “March”

Back