Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Just collected my van back after an agonising 4 days having its gtechniq ceramic coating , it isnt ever going to be this clean again , thanks to the guys at Atom detailing in sheffield amazing job love the sideways on shot its things on the garage floor its picking up in the reflection as its crazily shiny :) KEEP THE FAITH THEY DO ARRIVE I PROMISE

View attachment 89605

View attachment 89606

View attachment 89607

View attachment 89608

View attachment 89609

View attachment 89610

View attachment 89611

View attachment 89612

View attachment 89613
that is a very nice california, love the rims!
Oh, yes: one day it will arrive… but those that claim not to have looked at delivery times or didn’t “chase” it, I do not entirely believe :Grin
We ordered August 2020 and got one delivered in the wrong colour in April 2021. Although it was a very nice one, we had chosen a different colour and the dealer ordered a new one in the right colour… at the moment nothing can be found to check or even find our order (only our signed order form at home) and I assure you: you will look if there are changes on MyVolkswagen or if everything is still blank… (note that there was a timeline with everything on it until end of 2021). I look once a week; before I just waited (and then the wrong colour came) but since then I followed it up once in one or two months but since the end of 2021, I look once a week to see if the data is back online. Neither dealer nor Volkswagen Belgium know anything about it.
I'm indeed waiting -because there's no other way- but if it ever comes I'll probably have waited here the longest of all for our new coast as we ordered it.

Last edited:
that is a very nice california, love the rims!
Oh, yes: one day it will arrive… but those that claim not to have looked at delivery times or didn’t “chase” it, I do not entirely believe :Grin
We ordered August 2020 and got one delivered in the wrong colour in April 2021. Although it was a very nice one, we had chosen a different colour and the dealer ordered a new one in the right colour… at the moment nothing can be found to check or even find our order (only our signed order form at home) and I assure you: you will look if there are changes on MyVolkswagen or if everything is still blank… (note that there was a timeline with everything on it until end of 2021). I look once a week; before I just waited (and then the wrong colour came) but since then I followed it up once in one or two months but since the end of 2021, I look once a week to see if the data is back online. Neither dealer nor Volkswagen Belgium know anything about it.
I'm indeed waiting -because there's no other way- but if it ever comes I'll probably have waited here the longest of all for our new coast as we ordered it.
this is so sad for you, vw as a company are truly terrible at dealing with its customers , totally shocking company to deal with , and i always wonder why? it so doesnt need to be that way ??

That depends on the options you chose and the availability of them. I understand build is a week in each of the 2 factories involved if they have all the parts. If they don’t have all your options, then they do the build, but will park it up till the missing pieces arrive, after which it’s completed and signed off. All being well you should have your California between 6 to 8 weeks after the build starts. Mine went into build late July 21 and I received it mid/late September. You should have it during May :).
Cali Chris recently said towbars are still causing delays

Popping on here to report our bayleaf/candy white Coast with towbar and a few other extras arrived at the dealers yesterday - we ordered I think around 8th April. So pretty good really although we initially (naively!) thought September!

Really pleased to have had the opportunity to get the coast - the ocean would have been a stretch financially.

Popping on here to report our bayleaf/candy white Coast with towbar and a few other extras arrived at the dealers yesterday - we ordered I think around 8th April. So pretty good really although we initially (naively!) thought September!

Really pleased to have had the opportunity to get the coast - the ocean would have been a stretch financially.
That's such good news. I remember you last year getting cold feet about the whole process. What was your actual build week? Just trying to gauge how long it's taken to get to the dealer!!!!

That's such good news. I remember you last year getting cold feet about the whole process. What was your actual build week? Just trying to gauge how long it's taken to get to the dealer!!!!
Yes I had a wobble about driving around with a kitchen in my car! And also wondered if it would ever come. We went and looked at the Beach but husband and kids still wanted the coast so we stuck with it.

I’m not sure on build week. It all seemed to happen rather quickly after thinking it would be built sometime in January all of a sudden it seemed to be on its way. We’ve tried not to be too obsessive on following it to avoid further disappointment! Hopefully will be able to pick it up next week.

So - what do we need??!? Seat covers? Mats? Extra security? Need a bike rack and awning but not on day 1.

Just collected my van back after an agonising 4 days having its gtechniq ceramic coating , it isnt ever going to be this clean again , thanks to the guys at Atom detailing in sheffield amazing job love the sideways on shot its things on the garage floor its picking up in the reflection as its crazily shiny :) KEEP THE FAITH THEY DO ARRIVE I PROMISE

View attachment 89605

View attachment 89606

View attachment 89607

View attachment 89608

View attachment 89609

View attachment 89610

View attachment 89611

View attachment 89612

View attachment 89613
Still waiting on our 4WD Ocean ordered in June. Was planning to then take my time considering upgrading wheels to the all in Goodrich swamper style like your great looking Cali. Lots of info on here about impact on ride quality, fuel consumption etc. Looks like you have gone straight in and changed the wheelset. Was this an easy decision , any pros and cons ? Welcome your views ?

Still waiting on our 4WD Ocean ordered in June. Was planning to then take my time considering upgrading wheels to the all in Goodrich swamper style like your great looking Cali. Lots of info on here about impact on ride quality, fuel consumption etc. Looks like you have gone straight in and changed the wheelset. Was this an easy decision , any pros and cons ? Welcome your views ?
We changed to bfg ko2 on our California beach in size 255/55/18 didn’t notice much difference with noise to be honest and mpg when down by 3-4mpg, they lifted the van slightly as a bigger tire and we liked that although it did mean we had to have the Speedo recalibrated.

They are not as good in the wet as a lot of road tires but they are fantastic in the mud and snow and off road, all depends what you need them for, we have got out of some very much fields and we just have to be a little cautious with them in the wet

We changed to bfg ko2 on our California beach in size 255/55/18 didn’t notice much difference with noise to be honest and mpg when down by 3-4mpg, they lifted the van slightly as a bigger tire and we liked that although it did mean we had to have the Speedo recalibrated.

They are not as good in the wet as a lot of road tires but they are fantastic in the mud and snow and off road, all depends what you need them for, we have got out of some very much fields and we just have to be a little cautious with them in the wet
Thanks, good insight. As always, a trade-off ...muddy fields are the mainstay of fellrunning & cyclocross car parks..

Here is our timeline to date, it may help those with similar orders.

We're based in the UK and ordered an Ocean with towbar first week of April 2021. We were given an estimated delivery date of September/October The dealer told us not to contact him and that he would be in contact if he had any news regarding our order.

We were excited for a couple of weeks and then, as the reality of the situation became apparent, we have been relatively relaxed about the whole episode. We have had a T5 California for the last 11 years, so regarded ourselves lucky. Though I do read this forum every now and again

We eventually contacted the dealer in September '21 for an update and were told there was no news and that there was not even an estimated build date... superconductors, Covid, Suez etc.

We contacted the dealer again in early January and we given en estimated week 7 build, but were told that VW suggested it be ignored!

We then contacted the dealer to clarify details about the choice of bike rack. A week later we were contacted by the dealer and asked to confirm our order was correct, just to double check before it went into build.

We were then contacted by the dealer for a second time to say the build date of week 7 was confirmed.

Finally we had an email from the dealer to say that the van is now built and should arrive within two weeks.

We won't hold our breath as some have waited months after the build but things do seem to have accelerated a little.

So if it arrives as promised it will have taken between 11-12 months. I'll post a picture if it does.

We're based in the UK and ordered an Ocean with towbar first week of April 2021. We were given an estimated delivery date of September/October The dealer told us not to contact him and that he would be in contact if he had any news regarding our order.

We were excited for a couple of weeks and then, as the reality of the situation became apparent, we have been relatively relaxed about the whole episode. We have had a T5 California for the last 11 years, so regarded ourselves lucky. Though I do read this forum every now and again

We eventually contacted the dealer in September '21 for an update and were told there was no news and that there was not even an estimated build date... superconductors, Covid, Suez etc.

We contacted the dealer again in early January and we given en estimated week 7 build, but were told that VW suggested it be ignored!

We then contacted the dealer to clarify details about the choice of bike rack. A week later we were contacted by the dealer and asked to confirm our order was correct, just to double check before it went into build.

We were then contacted by the dealer for a second time to say the build date of week 7 was confirmed.

Finally we had an email from the dealer to say that the van is now built and should arrive within two weeks.

We won't hold our breath as some have waited months after the build but things do seem to have accelerated a little.

So if it arrives as promised it will have taken between 11-12 months. I'll post a picture if it does.
Similar timeline to ourselves.
Ordered an Ocean with towbar on the 31st March.
Had a confirmed build week 4 (24th Jan)... contacted dealer on the 18th Feb for an update and was told van was still in build....not heard anything since

Similar timeline here, initial order placed in May 2021 and now have confirmed build week 9. Hoping for a quick turnaround like the above - would be delighted with a 4 week build to delivery.

Hi all, ordered Ocean 4 Motion July 21 and have received build month of April which as today is 1st March means 'next month'...... a small psychological victory!

That’s promising. Any show stoppers such as a towbar/tow bar prep on your specification sheet ?
Phil

Just had an update with my dealer on a early June 2021 order.

Factory have updated them (in the last week) that the build month is now March and they are reasonably confident of an April delivery.

This was on a Ocean 150, only options being Towbar and mattress.
An update on my progress 1 month on, dealer still believes it is a March Build but the build date has still not gone to confirmed.

An update on my progress 1 month on, dealer still believes it is a March Build but the build date has still not gone to confirmed.

Update on ours today (Mid June 2021 order, Ocean 150, no tow bar) - no confirmed build date yet, the confidence from early this year about a May delivery slipping, perhaps. Ordered through DTD, so from Eurovans Crawley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update on ours today (Mid June 2021 order, Ocean 150, no tow bar) - no confirmed build date yet, the confidence from early this year about a May delivery slipping, perhaps. Ordered through DTD, so from Eurovans Crawley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are in an identical position. Ordered 21 June 2021 with Eurovans, Ocean 150 with tow bar. No confirmed build date.

Hi all, actually my first post on here despite being signed up for almost a year and getting some really great advice!! so we officially ordered on 25th March 2021 and finally got the long awaited news that it has arrived at the dealers!

Apparently there were a few others too so anyone else due to pick up from SMG Tonbridge I might see you there!!

We are in an identical position. Ordered 21 June 2021 with Eurovans, Ocean 150 with tow bar. No confirmed build date.
I’m not convinced that tow bars are holding up builds . My coast was ordered In sept 21 with towbar and goes into build next week.

Ordered a Coast in Aug 21 with tow bar. Have build week confirmed as week 10

Back