Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Quick question for those who are waiting, and those who have received their vans (if you’re still reading here):

Did you spec the heated windscreen?

After reading quite a few posts on this forum, we wish we hadn’t bothered now, but it’s apparently too late for us to change our order (even though we don’t have a build week).
Yes - we ordered heated windscreen. Since we've had the van (2 weeks) the temperature hasn't dropped below 30 degrees. Same thing happened when I bought a lawn sprinkler, it rained for 2 weeks. In all seriousness, we received our 204, 2 tone white/bayleaf Ocean in 9 months so we were incredibly lucky.

@Fatboy236 @jonr71 Say what?!? You both got super lucky :thumb
I was beginning to wonder if the heated screen was part of the hold up, but clearly not.

Quick question for those who are waiting, and those who have received their vans (if you’re still reading here):

After reading quite a few posts on this forum, we wish we hadn’t bothered now, but it’s apparently too late for us to change our order (even though we don’t have a build week).
Yes. my spec includes heated windscreen

Just been informed that my van is built. . Waiting transport to uk. How long am I looking at now. Ordered June 30 2021.

Great news! Ours was about 3 weeks from that point but I guess it depends how quickly the ship is going to depart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’ve had the heated screen on numerous Fords over the years and it’s been excellent, so when we saw it on the options list for the van we added it.

However, we’ve read some posts on the forum about how people use the vans remote heater to clear the screen, and that the heated screen isn’t that great (others disagree or course). As the van won’t be our daily driver, it’s unlikely we’d be setting out early on a cold and frosty morning, so we’d have less need for the heated screen compared to our car.

ETA: plus we thought it would have been good to save the £500!
Ahh I was wondering if it affected your delivery time.

I followed the same logic, in that the remote heater can be used for the whole van, which meant no heated screen needed.

I can’t remember the exact conflict the configurator said but that was the reason we didn’t get it (not the cost).

You’ll use it for sure! It’ll be more efficient than using the stand alone heater, uses less power, and much quicker.

I see it as a cost on the overall vehicle as a percentage, and I learnt a lot from ordering our last car where I splashed out and then felt it was a waste, but also the other way not going for a low cost extra and regretted it.

Yes I ordered heated wind-screen on my Ocean. Van is scheduled to start build w/c 22 Aug and estimated to be with my new by end of Sept (Oct 2021 order) Although I’ve been told this I suspect this could and probably will change for some reason or other!

The whole blanket thing seems to have gone very quiet so I guess it's off the cards now...;-(

I'm so fed up of waiting for the Cali I've decided to extend the pain and order an ID.Buzz too...;-) Could be a 24month wait ahead. I wonder which will come first...!
I got a call from the sales manager at the dealer following my request for an escalation on our delayed delivery.

He has raised a case with the factory as he agrees that a Calimthat went into build on Wk20 shouldn’t be delayed this long. Hoping to hear back by the end of the week with an update.

I think they’ve lost it…..in all senses of the word….lol!!!

I have been the same with delays and delays reason initially was covid factory close then factory working half of staff only. Then they started with the semi conductors chips shortages and fire in factory in China or was it Japan. This carried on to the point that they offered to give me my deposit back, without penalties. Now finally at the beginning of July I have been given a call with a chassis no which means it is build week 30 they said and waiting for the vessel that ships it to port. It should be with me at the end of August hopefully if nothing else crops up.

I got a call from the sales manager at the dealer following my request for an escalation on our delayed delivery.

He has raised a case with the factory as he agrees that a Calimthat went into build on Wk20 shouldn’t be delayed this long. Hoping to hear back by the end of the week with an update.

I think they’ve lost it…..in all senses of the word….lol!!!
That's something at least. No reply from my dealer on my escalation request but then he's not replied to any of my last 4 mails :(

Did get another email from VW yesterday though - another of the standard "sorry for the delay" one's I was already sent in March.

Absolute joke all round tbh

That's something at least. No reply from my dealer on my escalation request but then he's not replied to any of my last 4 mails :(

Did get another email from VW yesterday though - another of the standard "sorry for the delay" one's I was already sent in March.

That’s so frustrating and such bad service not to even reply.

We also got the standard email yesterday… saying the same as the standard email they sent on Saturday :rolleyes:

I’ve also received a reply from VW Commercial Vans Customer Care, basically a copy and paste of the standard email and absolutely no attempt to respond to any of the questions in my email :mad:

I understand and appreciate there are global issues beyond their control, what I’d like to know is why vans ordered two months after ours, with similar specs, are being built two months before ours. I don’t think that’s too much to ask, but VW obviously do.

Indeed, I was happy to get a response and not feel that I'd dropped off their radar..!

He did say they have no real idea why the delays are happening, he says its applying to all their models. He cited two orders on the same day for the same spec Crafter last July, one appeared before Christmas and the other arrived in April...he has no idea why the delay. He wants to shift the vehicles asap, so isn't happy either. I hope his intervention helps...

In the meantime I can buy even more crap (I mean useful stuff...;-)) for the Cali.

That’s so frustrating and such bad service not to even reply.

We also got the standard email yesterday… saying the same as the standard email they sent on Saturday :rolleyes:

I’ve also received a reply from VW Commercial Vans Customer Care, basically a copy and paste of the standard email and absolutely no attempt to respond to any of the questions in my email :mad:

I understand and appreciate there are global issues beyond their control, what I’d like to know is why vans ordered two months after ours, with similar specs, are being built two months before ours. I don’t think that’s too much to ask, but VW obviously do.
I have this feeling that all our part-built vans are sat in a compound at the factory waiting for the missing parts to arrive.

When the missing part(s) arrive they randomly drag a van from the compound and complete it. I cant see any other reason for the randomness in the build process.

I have this feeling that all our part-built vans are sat in a compound at the factory waiting for the missing parts to arrive.

When the missing part(s) arrive they randomly drag a van from the compound and complete it. I cant see any other reason for the randomness in the build process.
That’s not a feeling - it’s how it works when there are global supply chain issues like this. Our van took 4 weeks through production and for sure it was on and off the line a few time while this happened. For what, only they know, the dealer and UK plc don’t know as they don't have that granular access to the systems, which is why is it this is it that that speculation is just that. At Nissan when the Fukishima plant went we had this for 6 months as so many third tier suppliers were in the radius. There were piles of cars sat “offline” awaiting parts that dripped through. It’s tough to blame either the dealer or the UK HQ - they just don’t know and know amount of badgering them can change that - neither have any sway in how the factory works, nor a hotline to the production line to find out specific issues on each and every van.

That’s not a feeling - it’s how it works when there are global supply chain issues like this. Our van took 4 weeks through production and for sure it was on and off the line a few time while this happened. For what, only they know, the dealer and UK plc don’t know as they don't have that granular access to the systems, which is why is it this is it that that speculation is just that. At Nissan when the Fukishima plant went we had this for 6 months as so many third tier suppliers were in the radius. There were piles of cars sat “offline” awaiting parts that dripped through. It’s tough to blame either the dealer or the UK HQ - they just don’t know and know amount of badgering them can change that - neither have any sway in how the factory works, nor a hotline to the production line to find out specific issues on each and every van.
Our van has been in build since 18th May so over 2 months now.

I guess if the vans are missing multiple parts then it becomes even more random as to which ones are finished first.

Our van has been in build since 18th May so over 2 months now.

I guess if the vans are missing multiple parts then it becomes even more random as to which ones are finished first.
Well, ours went into build the same day/week and we took delivery on the 1st July. It came offline on the 1st June and we dook delivery 1st July. In my experience there was a system to what order things went offline and back on again, but hard to comment on VW.

Well, ours went into build the same day/week and we took delivery on the 1st July. It came offline on the 1st June and we dook delivery 1st July. In my experience there was a system to what order things went offline and back on again, but hard to comment on VW.
That was the expectation we had re: delivery. I've been checking lots of others deliveries to see what options may have caused the delay, but that didn't help...!

Sent 2 emails to my dealer over last 10 days. No reply at all. Nothing. Sent it again just now with a note saying I’ve not had any replies. Not holding out much hope. This is just not good enough.

Have you tried calling and asking to speak to the general sales manager or head of business? To be honest- if I was being ignored via all methods of contact I would be asking reception if the sales manager or head of business is in on a certain day and then paying them a visit in person. I understand distance and time may be an issue though.

I got a call back after sending the latest email a few minutes ago. Salesman has been on leave and other emails went to his junk folder apparently. To be fair he was really nice and said he’d find out from the factory and get back to me. So…..October 2021 order for Ocean 4M is still awaiting a build date. He did say that one consolation was that it will definitely be a MY23 vehicle.

I got a call back after sending the latest email a few minutes ago. Salesman has been on leave and other emails went to his junk folder apparently. To be fair he was really nice and said he’d find out from the factory and get back to me. So…..October 2021 order for Ocean 4M is still awaiting a build date. He did say that one consolation was that it will definitely be a MY23 vehicle.
Funnily enough I just got an email reply from my sales guy. I had emailed him early this afternoon to let him know we were going on holiday soon so may be a bit harder to get hold of. Our build week was 28 and is still in build (expected) but he also said the factory has been closed for the last 2 weeks. Some comments on the forum mentioned a shut down in August.

Funnily enough I just got an email reply from my sales guy. I had emailed him early this afternoon to let him know we were going on holiday soon so may be a bit harder to get hold of. Our build week was 28 and is still in build (expected) but he also said the factory has been closed for the last 2 weeks. Some comments on the forum mentioned a shut down in August.
Ours is still in build since wk20, so will probably have been through several factory shutdowns by the time we get it...;-(

Just had the following email from VW. Anyone else had something similar? Any idea what it means? I haven’t heard anything from our dealer.

“Your order is in progress but it might take a little longer to be built than previously anticipated.

Like many other car manufacturers and industries we are currently experiencing some supply chain issues. Due to the global shortage in semiconductor chips and the crisis in Ukraine, our production capacity is currently reduced. While our primary concern is for the humanitarian crisis in the area, delivery times for some of our models may be longer than we’d hope.

Please be assured we are working hard to deliver your chosen vehicle as quickly as possible and your Retailer will keep you up to date with what’s happening. If you are experiencing difficulties due to the delay, please don’t hesitate to contact your local Retailer who will work with you to find the best solution, and can advise on the limited supply of new vehicles which are available from stock.”

Just had the following email from VW. Anyone else had something similar? Any idea what it means? I haven’t heard anything from our dealer.

“Your order is in progress but it might take a little longer to be built than previously anticipated.

Like many other car manufacturers and industries we are currently experiencing some supply chain issues. Due to the global shortage in semiconductor chips and the crisis in Ukraine, our production capacity is currently reduced. While our primary concern is for the humanitarian crisis in the area, delivery times for some of our models may be longer than we’d hope.

Please be assured we are working hard to deliver your chosen vehicle as quickly as possible and your Retailer will keep you up to date with what’s happening. If you are experiencing difficulties due to the delay, please don’t hesitate to contact your local Retailer who will work with you to find the best solution, and can advise on the limited supply of new vehicles which are available from stock.”
I think we had something similar earlier in the year, but I don’t think the dealers are able to offer any help…;-(

Back