Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

My dad always said a green car is unlucky, but that looks like a whole lot of goodness right there.
I would go sit in it, put the heater on and make a cup of hot chocolate.
Looks blooming awesome :thumb
:Nailbiting - hopefully break that 'spell' ..

Thank you very much, yes, that sounds like a great idea. :thumb

Not quite the photo session I was hoping for:

Unbelievable:
View attachment 97881
Starting light rain 20 mins after leaving the dealer yesterday, carried on in the evening and today it is tanking it down ... After all of this heat etc. had hoped for the first day dry, at least...

Ah well, not complaining really, we need the rain. At least it will be a good test of the roof seal..

Got to thank Emma for making the whole purchase journey nice and straight forward and keeping us informed along the way. Also to Tony for a nice handover and all the rest of the crew at @breeze in Poole. Van looked lovely having been prepped by them - shame it didn't stay that way for long..

Everything there, nothing missing (thanks to this forum members for all the info to help with the checks). Seems to drive even better than the van we tried last year, so very happy.

Hopefully will get some better photos when things dry up a bit.

As everyone says, the waiting is tough, but well worth when it finally arrives.

Just got the difficult decision over naming now.

It is big, it is green and with a number plate that starts H and ends LK - I think it needs a MARVEL - ous name ...
- Bruce ?? ((probably going to be vetoed though - ah well, in my mind.. :) )

Best of luck to those still waiting, esp. those that have waited longer than us. Bitter-sweet to see these type of posts - but one more van gone from the factory, surely means a space for yours..

Will be hanging around on this thread though, until the good news comes through for you all.
Looks mint. Sorry it's bayleaf green isn't it, not mint ;) Great colour, that's what I have gone for as well.

I like Bruce - I had that in my mind as soon as I read the H LK line, and surely Bruce Vanner as a full "Sunday" name works too?

Looks mint. Sorry it's bayleaf green isn't it, not mint ;) Great colour, that's what I have gone for as well.

I like Bruce - I had that in my mind as soon as I read the H LK line, and surely Bruce Vanner as a full "Sunday" name works too?
:D - like it. Thanks, yes, was the colour we went for straight away - the missus and I agreeing right off - had to be the choice..

Seems to be a colour you either love or defo not ... will be somewhat exclusive though, now it is no longer available. Hopefully yours is due soon?

I like that - a full 'Sunday name' .. :thumb

:D - like it. Thanks, yes, was the colour we went for straight away - the missus and I agreeing right off - had to be the choice..

Seems to be a colour you either love or defo not ... will be somewhat exclusive though, now it is no longer available. Hopefully yours is due soon?

I like that - a full 'Sunday name' .. :thumb
Yep, fingers crossed it might be here before BH weekend but I'm thinking probably early September more likely.

I think I'll love the green - wasn't my initial choice but the more I thought about it, the more I convinced myself. I wish they did some more adventurous ones tbh, a nice pale blue, yellow or orange like the older vans were. As you say though, will be quite exclusive so happy with that too!

A neighbour is waiting on a T6.1 Ocean. Ordered in July 21 (I think). Been told today status is now 40… so in the UK. How long does it usually take to get from there to dealer and ready for collection? TIA

A neighbour is waiting on a T6.1 Ocean. Ordered in July 21 (I think). Been told today status is now 40… so in the UK. How long does it usually take to get from there to dealer and ready for collection? TIA
I'd hope about a week to get to the dealer, but then some dealers seem to take a long time to do the registration, PDI's and stuff, so that might add another week.

But as will all these things atm, how long is a piece of string? Might arrive tomorrow.

Ours was just over a week, but it does seem to vary a little dealer to dealer.

In order to remind me of what a Cali Ocean actually looks like, I popped into Manchester Van Centre in Trafford Park today to see if they had any.

They had a lovely two tone Ascot Grey/White 4 Motion with lots of options that was a cancelled order, so avail to buy right now. Only slightly tempted as it was going for £88k ish….;-)

It did look lovely though and reminded us of why we placed our order in June 21. One day our van will come…

In order to remind me of what a Cali Ocean actually looks like, I popped into Manchester Van Centre in Trafford Park today to see if they had any.

They had a lovely two tone Ascot Grey/White 4 Motion with lots of options that was a cancelled order, so avail to buy right now. Only slightly tempted as it was going for £88k ish….;-)

It did look lovely though and reminded us of why we placed our order in June 21. One day our van will come…
It will come and will be a lot cheaper.

I went to Manchester for a test drive as it's the most local centre to me. In the end went elsewhere to purchase as they seemed generally disinterested.

It will come and will be a lot cheaper.

I went to Manchester for a test drive as it's the most local centre to me. In the end went elsewhere to purchase as they seemed generally disinterested.
Yes, £23k cheaper…!

They were fine letting look round, considering I told them we had one on order from Liverpool…;-) They do seem more van focussed than Liverpool though.

They are a getting an ID.Buzz soon, so I’ll be back to see that.

Did you get a picture ?

Van arrived finally at official dealer yesterday, after a long wait and despite having been told October.
Just came back from seeing it and checking that it is all there as ordered. Still need to get a clean, PDI check etc Happy that it is finally here, now getting the funds ready to make transfers etc.

8BC701DA-9349-4E8F-B595-BE9ACA857D99.jpeg

B4CD818C-9C3D-4634-9949-986A9A09BE74.jpeg

65C33B1B-BEFF-475E-9EF2-CC41A870B361.jpeg

61058164-EEB9-4DC5-ACA1-ED0D02013E57.jpeg

6E9D0786-F7B0-4B10-BCFC-1764DF40DAFF.jpeg

C6B91603-5F75-42E8-876C-BB0DDAA262E2.jpeg

Wowzer, super smart. I’ve changed my order from Deep black to Candy White. I’ve always wanted the white as it looks so smooth.
Love the 4M, Palm alloys. Looks fresh.
Dosent look too bad with half of the dunes dust on either.

Yes it came down by lorry so it really needs a good wash

Wowzer, super smart. I’ve changed my order from Deep black to Candy White. I’ve always wanted the white as it looks so smooth.
Love the 4M, Palm alloys. Looks fresh.
Dosent look too bad with half of the dunes dust on either.
Not 18" Palmerstons, but 17" Aracaju's.

Yes, looks sharp.

Holy sh11. EV said my black 4M is code 20. In Production... So I cannot change the colour now.. So team Black >? Might get the lower half wrapped in yellow and call it Bumble :oops:

Yes the wheels are Aracaju black 17” I liked that better than the silver ones same price. Thanks guys, looking forward to driving it away. I have some stickers stickers solar panels and a load of bits and pieces to get started.

Back