Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Thanks a lot, then the dealer is obviously advised of the vin number before they take physical delivery of the Cali.... This is all they need to start the registration process.

I do hope Liverpool are right about no problems with registration, given that is has to be done by post I thought other reports about 3/4 week delays seemed plausible.....

Don’t get me wrong I could still get stung with the Dvla backlog issue but I asked explicitly about it and they said they had it covered and it wouldn’t be an problem. They didn’t even suggest the old higher VED rate and my otr price I’m signing for reflects the new cheaper rate..:

Thanks for the help.... I may pay the old rate to get it taxed online immediately and then get it changed as others on here are doing. Risky, but it seems Jillyfish on here has got VWCC involved as she paid the higher tax and now waiting for the DVLA to rectify. As I say, risky, but dont want to take the chance of loosing the rest of the summer. (I have an added reason due to a terminal illness so my risk appetite is pretty high !!!)

It would have been the same ship as mine then, who is your dealer, Liverpool has sent the contract through and it reflects the cheaper VED rate in the overall cost and when I asked them they anticipated no issues with registering it. Even has a plate assigned on the contract so I’m not sure if they pre register them some how...
Can't be certain on car dealers but when I was involved with HGV's dealers were allocated a batch of reg numbers that they assigned to a vin number for the final DVLA process as required.

To complicate matters, I already have a 20 plate I bought from the DVLA to go on the Cali. It's on a V750W certificate so god knows how that will affect things.....

Thanks for the help.... I may pay the old rate to get it taxed online immediately and then get it changed as others on here are doing. Risky, but it seems Jillyfish on here has got VWCC involved as she paid the higher tax and now waiting for the DVLA to rectify. As I say, risky, but dont want to take the chance of loosing the rest of the summer. (I have an added reason due to a terminal illness so my risk appetite is pretty high !!!)
No problems at all, hope you get it sorted. Sorry to hear about you diagnosis, I can fully appreciate your motivation to get it sorted quickly, I can’t imagine why a dealer isn’t sympathetic to your situation and doing everything they can to help! I don’t know you but would happily give up my registration slot to get yours over the line if I was able too!

My Cali was supposed to be build week 20, order placed by the dealer 5th Feb. Just checked again and no build week allocated yet.
Was hoping the tent had had its final outing..:headbang

I only ordered mine 2 weeks ago, reading this thread I'd better brace myself for it being 2021 before I meet my new baby Blue Belle :(

So... for a few of us on this thread, Week 29 finally arrives..! Fingers crossed we get some positive news on production (especially of MY21 kicks in next week apparently !) :rolleyes:

So... for a few of us on this thread, Week 29 finally arrives..! Fingers crossed we get some positive news on production (especially of MY21 kicks in next week apparently !) :rolleyes:
Just contacted VW live chat. Mines “unofficially “ on the build list for this week. I’m tempted to phone the dealer to update them as they have no clue!

Just spoken to VW again. Apparently ours is now back to status 20, despite being told it was built two weeks ago and ready to leave with a priority on it.

Thanks for your patience. I have checked this for you and can see that your California Ocean SWB was originally scheduled to be built in Week 15 of this year. However, because of the COVID-19 situation, it could not go ahead. A new build week has not been updated on the system yet.

Our dealer isn't replying to any emails either so feeling pretty peeved to say the least!

Mine was built pre-lock down and in transit between the factory and port, and is still at that status now in transit.

My Coast originally scheduled for week 17 was rescheduled for week 25 and has been stuck on status 20 for weeks. The dealer is checking daily but is unable to get any more info. I know I am not the only one in this state.

Just spoken to VW again. Apparently ours is now back to status 20, despite being told it was built two weeks ago and ready to leave with a priority on it.

Our dealer isn't replying to any emails either so feeling pretty peeved to say the least!
Unfortunately, VW Live Chat is extremely unreliable, I was given all sorts of wrong information during build and delivery....I do not know where they get their information from, I made a formal complaint but VW management couldn't give a stuff. Unbelievable that they get away with customer service like this. I came to the conclusion that the guys on Live Chat just made it up.......

I've tried Chat today but their systems are down. We visited our deaker last week to tour a T6, and the sales guy said the chat and status system is suspect. He's had vans turn up on the transporter when he thought the werent even built. Not great is it !

Nope, you seriously cannot believe a word they say, it's unbelievable !!! They once told me my van was in the UK when it hadn't even been built !

Well just spoken to VW Live Chat, our T6.1 Ocean (originally week 16 build) has been built and now in the UK. We go away on holiday end of July for a few weeks, too tight I think to get the T6.1 ready from the dealer by then. Also don't like the idea of picking it up and then more or less driving it up to Scotland towing our Eriba. Never owned a California before, so a lot to learn. See on this forum a few minor problems, hate to have any and be up in the Scottish Higlhands!!! Think will speak to dealer tomorrow to see if live Chat is correct and when they think we might be able to collect, needs a tow bar fitted as well (also thinking tracker and Ghost) New plate in September think sounds more sensible .... but !!!!!

However you do it enjoy your new van :)
Don’t get tied up in thinking it may have issues,
We have a 6.1 and it’s a beautiful thing.
But like you say if it needs a towbar your cutting it fine, for a new 70plate maybe ask the dealer if he can store it until September .

Well just spoken to VW Live Chat, our T6.1 Ocean (originally week 16 build) has been built and now in the UK. We go away on holiday end of July for a few weeks, too tight I think to get the T6.1 ready from the dealer by then. Also don't like the idea of picking it up and then more or less driving it up to Scotland towing our Eriba. Never owned a California before, so a lot to learn. See on this forum a few minor problems, hate to have any and be up in the Scottish Higlhands!!! Think will speak to dealer tomorrow to see if live Chat is correct and when they think we might be able to collect, needs a tow bar fitted as well (also thinking tracker and Ghost) New plate in September think sounds more sensible .... but !!!!!
Hi @Gelato mine is at Norwich too subject to the ongoing DVLA registration confusion (originally week 13 build). Doubt we’ll see ours much earlier than end of the month but hey-ho (just hope they wrap it in cotton wool in the meantime).
Normally dealers try to move their stock within 14 days of first reg (assuming not registered to themselves eg demonstrators and pre-regs) so holding on for a 70 plate might be touch and go....

Hi @Gelato mine is at Norwich too subject to the ongoing DVLA registration confusion (originally week 13 build). Doubt we’ll see ours much earlier than end of the month but hey-ho (just hope they wrap it in cotton wool in the meantime).
Normally dealers try to move their stock within 14 days of first reg (assuming not registered to themselves eg demonstrators and pre-regs) so holding on for a 70 plate might be touch and go....
Interesting about dealers only wanting to keep stock for 14 days. VW Live Chat said contact them again in 2x weeks for an update - that would be a week before we go away, really cutting it fine. Hopefully will have a better idea from the dealer tomorrow where we stand.

Mine had an original build week 20, just checked with VW chat;
The order status is 00 - "Without production week".
Great :sorry
Deffo 70 plate.

Everyone needs to remember that you are privileged to have been allowed by VW to have a Cali. You just wait in line. ;)

If it makes you feel better, after our 48 weeks of chaos we keep smiling since we picked up our T6.1 last Friday. The kids went properly bonkers when Dad turned up in the new Cali! All the pain of those 48 weeks has been quickly forgotten. Never having owned a camper, or motorhome, it is just weird having a fridge in a vehicle!

It hasn't been fully loaded up yet with kit and bikes (that is this weekend!) but I have been amazed at how quiet it is (for a van) and the 150ps engine pulls well. Granted it is not like the 3 litre V6 diesel in my A6, but it is mighty impressive. Just don't ask about the emissions! :thumb

Everyone needs to remember that you are privileged to have been allowed by VW to have a Cali. You just wait in line. ;)

If it makes you feel better, after our 48 weeks of chaos we keep smiling since we picked up our T6.1 last Friday. The kids went properly bonkers when Dad turned up in the new Cali! All the pain of those 48 weeks has been quickly forgotten. Never having owned a camper, or motorhome, it is just weird having a fridge in a vehicle!

It hasn't been fully loaded up yet with kit and bikes (that is this weekend!) but I have been amazed at how quiet it is (for a van) and the 150ps engine pulls well. Granted it is not like the 3 litre V6 diesel in my A6, but it is mighty impressive. Just don't ask about the emissions! :thumb
Ha, that makes it worse, you're having so much fun!
TBH, I've kind of got used to the fact that the order has disappeared into the VW black hole and resigned to the delay. Must be all this queuing we are having to do now for everything.
Thing is, I'm still buying accessories weekly, Jackyards seat covers, Campingaz Party Grill, Outdoor Revolution awning, collapsible buckets and bowls, the list goes on! God knows if we will ever use it all!
Nice to hear the 150ps pulls well, was hoping I had made the right decision.

Back