Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Hi @Gelato mine is at Norwich too subject to the ongoing DVLA registration confusion (originally week 13 build). Doubt we’ll see ours much earlier than end of the month but hey-ho (just hope they wrap it in cotton wool in the meantime).
Normally dealers try to move their stock within 14 days of first reg (assuming not registered to themselves eg demonstrators and pre-regs) so holding on for a 70 plate might be touch and go....
Spoken to Norwich and they think we will not have our T6.1 for our holiday end of July. Good news is Live Chat were right it has been built and in the UK but dealer says not sure how long to get it prepared (check if ours requires the recall issues sorted) and mainly due to tax sorting, says no idea how long it will take the Gov. to do this (at present system is taxing at the old price, so they have to re-organise this , has 9x other vehicles in the same position with the same paperwork! So think September plate for us as well.

Just had this from VW chat:
I am sorry, but I can only confirm that your California will be a model year 21 which means it will be the latest model. Model year 21 vehicles are due to be built between the 20th July and the 31st of August this year.
Don’t have a clue how this will affect the spec! As I’ve agreed a price back in March, I can’t see that they can charge me more for items that are now not standard!

That’s not good. Were you given a build week number when you ordered ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Original build week 20 apparently.
I’m probably deluded then, ordered early April but they said being built Week 29 ! However, o do wonder if dealer prearranged orders impacts this whole situation, as my van is fairly bog standard. Does anyone have any insight into that aspect ?

I’m probably deluded then, ordered early April but they said being built Week 29 ! However, o do wonder if dealer prearranged orders impacts this whole situation, as my van is fairly bog standard. Does anyone have any insight into that aspect ?
Mine was a dealer prearranged order, just happened that it was specc’ed as I wanted. Order was placed by the dealer 5th Feb apparently, build week quoted as wk 20, then the dealer (Liverpool VW) reckoned it would be wk 29, but VW still can’t give a build week, so god knows! Good luck with yours!

Just had this from VW chat:
I am sorry, but I can only confirm that your California will be a model year 21 which means it will be the latest model. Model year 21 vehicles are due to be built between the 20th July and the 31st of August this year.
Don’t have a clue how this will affect the spec! As I’ve agreed a price back in March, I can’t see that they can charge me more for items that are now not standard!
I have same issue and raised it with my dealer (citygate) - They have assured me I will not be charged for additional items that were standard when ordered

As far as I’m aware the my21 looses the sport mode on the dsg .
But it gains the larger infotainment screen.
My opinion is I would not want the larger screen because it’s just a fingerprint magnet.
Our 6.1 has the slightly smaller infotainment system with two knobs ,this makes ease of use when driving simple the fingerprints would drive me mad on the bigger screen with no knobs .so it’s definitely a bad move me thinks
I’d rather have sports mode or even just a infotainment system that isn’t full touchscreen

As far as I’m aware the my21 looses the sport mode on the dsg .
But it gains the larger infotainment screen.
My opinion is I would not want the larger screen because it’s just a fingerprint magnet.
Our 6.1 has the slightly smaller infotainment system with two knobs ,this makes ease of use when driving simple the fingerprints would drive me mad on the bigger screen with no knobs .so it’s definitely a bad move me thinks
I’d rather have sports mode or even just a infotainment system that isn’t full touchscreen
Screen isn’t bigger as far as I know - MY21 gets the ability to share from smaller screen to digital cockpit which was only available with the bigger screen in MY20

Screen isn’t bigger as far as I know - MY21 gets the ability to share from smaller screen to digital cockpit which was only available with the bigger screen in MY20
Good to know that would be better

Just spoken to VW again. Apparently ours is now back to status 20, despite being told it was built two weeks ago and ready to leave with a priority on it.

Our dealer isn't replying to any emails either so feeling pretty peeved to say the least!

Latest update from VW:

I've just taken a look for you, it appears that since the Factory closed in preparation for Model Year 21, the update on your order is unclear. This will be updated as soon as the factory re-opens, your order is currently at status code 20 and will be at the end of it's production cycle.

T
My Cali was supposed to be build week 20, order placed by the dealer 5th Feb. Just checked again and no build week allocated yet.
Was hoping the tent had had its final outing..:headbang
This is depressing news for us. The latest handover date we have been given is mid august. Bearing in mind we ordered on 7th March and on our 4th or 5th extension so minimum one month behind you. Presumably there is a period from notification of build date to actual build start, build time min two weeks and delivery 4-8 weeks depending on who you believe. Thought we had bought the latest model In the T6.1 but at this rate thinking it won’t last long before t7 comes through. Looking like we are still 3 months away and season well and truly over.

What are the expected time frames from UK Port arrival to Van Pick Up from the dealer?

Went to Robinson’s Norwich today to have a drool over mine (been there for 3+ weeks). V55 is back, so hopefully now only the last knockings before I can pick it up sometime next week.

Have to say Ascot grey looks great in the flesh, most un-van-like (ps it’s almost cream rather than grey)....so good in fact a pleasant couple who arrived before me and were poring over the Cali were impressed enough to pop into the dealers and place an order there and then (with almost identical spec).

Tbh I’m kicking myself for not charging commission, or at least an introduction fee.

893CDEA5-59EB-4218-BCC7-33D659633183.jpeg

A1269272-C1E6-481A-9539-A10B1B371AB5.jpeg

3BE5843F-55B6-4BC1-A25F-BE1CC419DA04.jpeg

Just had news ours has been released from the port ready for the next ship, apparently every Tuesday? Seems that the whole no build week assigned debacle was a problem on their systems :rolleyes:
Lucky you! Just checked mine and got;
“I checked the order and can see that your new California 6.1 Ocean is currently waiting for Factory to assign a provisional build week. The order status is currently 00 - "Without production week"”
What was your original build week?

Went to Robinson’s Norwich today to have a drool over mine (been there for 3+ weeks). V55 is back, so hopefully now only the last knockings before I can pick it up sometime next week.

Have to say Ascot grey looks great in the flesh, most un-van-like (ps it’s almost cream rather than grey)....so good in fact a pleasant couple who arrived before me and were poring over the Cali were impressed enough to pop into the dealers and place an order there and then (with almost identical spec).

Tbh I’m kicking myself for not charging commission, or at least an introduction fee.

View attachment 63510

View attachment 63511

View attachment 63512
Love that colour. Modern but with a nod to retro. Is that the one they used to call beige or something like?

Lucky you! Just checked mine and got;
“I checked the order and can see that your new California 6.1 Ocean is currently waiting for Factory to assign a provisional build week. The order status is currently 00 - "Without production week"”
What was your original build week?
I am told that week 15 builds have been released and are at port awaiting shipment. Just to give some time frame. Ours is week 16 so fingers crossed.

Good News. My Coast which was originally assigned to week 16 has been built and is now awaiting shipment (code 38). Time to fire up Marine Traffic app and become a shipping geek!

Good News. My Coast which was originally assigned to week 16 has been built and is now awaiting shipment (code 38). Time to fire up Marine Traffic app and become a shipping geek!
Same here. My Ocean was originally meant to be built on week 16 but was actually built week 29 (last of the MY20). It arrived at Emden on Tuesday and I’m hoping she’s on the next boat arriving tomorrow or Saturday.

It’s fascinating isn’t it! Mine was always Week 29 and last week it was in final week of production. Today it’s apparently mid-production and won’t complete until week commencing 03/08 after the holiday break.It’s hard to follow at times! You would have thought My 20 vans would complete pre holiday with My21 commencing after !

It’s fascinating isn’t it! Mine was always Week 29 and last week it was in final week of production. Today it’s apparently mid-production and won’t complete until week commencing 03/08 after the holiday break.It’s hard to follow at times! You would have thought My 20 vans would complete pre holiday with My21 commencing after !

Wow.. mine went Week 20 > Week 29 > f*ck know’s when!
Thinking of sleeping in the awning in the garden this weekend, just to get some wear out of it!

I have a hunch you may be secretly looking forward to it's arrival :)

Back