Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Hi Swello.
Just to help me know when l might get our 204 4Mo ordered at the end of Sept, what build week were you given ?
Hi Susi....I ordered 17Aug...and it’s currently sat at Emden the German Port of exit....I am hoping it will be shipped to Grimsby so I can have it well before the end of the month so in total just over 8 months. It has been delay after delay with no explanation. I really hope it gets through the build process soon for you, it’s so frustrating. I think my delay was extended because of problems getting the 204 engine approved but I don’t know

Hi Swello.
Just to help me know when l might get our 204 4Mo ordered at the end of Sept, what build week were you given ?

I was mid-sept order and Build week 9 - so hopefully yours won't be far behind!

I was also told that some options if taken can impact on delivery but I am not sure which...mine has lots on it

Thanks.
I was given Build week 11. Every time l manage to speak to my dealer for an update, I'm told it's still at status 20 , in build. So l think I'm going to be a long way behind you.

Hi all just thought I’d chime in with our experience so far.

order placed for a t6.1 beach on the 10th February and have just had a confirmed build date of week 17. Anticipated delivery would be end of may/start of June.
Seems to indicate that beach orders are being processed much more quickly than others.

anyone had a similar timeline? How much faith should we place in the “confirmed” build week?

We ordered t6.1 beach on 9 Feb, and have just had unconfirmed build date of week 18.........

order placed for a t6.1 beach on the 10th February and have just had a confirmed build date of week 17. Anticipated delivery would be end of may/start of June.
Seems to indicate that beach orders are being processed much more quickly than others.

anyone had a similar timeline? How much faith should we place in the “confirmed” build week?
Does seem as though Beaches may be coming through quicker than Oceans. I understand once confirmed (status 20?) your build week is fixed, but that doesn’t guarantee a delivery date, some seem to take longer than others to be built and shipped...

My Ocean order went in mid Feb and the dealer told me not to get hopes up before October. That’s delivery to Spain for a 150 DSG. I haven’t even asked for an update yet, I just put it out of mind… maybe I should!

My Coast has finally finished production and moved to Status 30. Should be here end of the month/early May. (Ordered first week of November).
What was your build week please?

It definitely seems that Oceans are are suffering the worse for delays, and especially 4Motions.

It definitely seems that Oceans are are suffering the worse for delays, and especially 4Motions.
I agree with Oceans being slower, but with a 150 ordered on 8 October and no firm build week, I'm not convinced 4motions are suffering worse delays...

I agree with Oceans being slower, but with a 150 ordered on 8 October and no firm build week, I'm not convinced 4motions are suffering worse delays...
Did I read that right? I have stopped following every post on this thread but did you order 6 months ago and you still don't have a build week???

What was your build week please?
It started production week 8 (w/c Feb 22). It was status 20 for a long time but did include the 2 week factory closure. The original delivery date I was given at point of ordering was 1st March so it's not that far out really. I am happy enough. It is coinciding nicely with restrictions easing.

Did I read that right? I have stopped following every post on this thread but did you order 6 months ago and you still don't have a build week???
Correct. I ordered 8 October, have had 6 provisional build weeks, and now am officially at Code 00 (according to chat who know little). My dealer says he has no confirmation other than the 'hit list' which says I'm due for an April build... I wait with baited breath...

Correct. I ordered 8 October, have had 6 provisional build weeks, and now am officially at Code 00 (according to chat who know little). My dealer says he has no confirmation other than the 'hit list' which says I'm due for an April build... I wait with baited breath...
I ordered on the 7th of September (a 4 motion) and just had a call from the dealer to say that I should be able to pick up on Wednesday next week, so super excited.

I ordered on the 7th of September (a 4 motion) and just had a call from the dealer to say that I should be able to pick up on Wednesday next week, so super excited.
Great news! Look forward to seeing some pics - did you go for the Style or Sports Pack in the end?

I have a feeling I may be picking mine up in a month...but itd be great if the dealer could confirm it.

Does seem as though Beaches may be coming through quicker than Oceans. I understand once confirmed (status 20?) your build week is fixed, but that doesn’t guarantee a delivery date, some seem to take longer than others to be built and shipped...
We ordered a 6.1 Beach 1st week Jan in Ireland and according to VW dealer 2 weeks ago we have a build week of 23.

Great news! Look forward to seeing some pics - did you go for the Style or Sports Pack in the end?

I have a feeling I may be picking mine up in a month...but itd be great if the dealer could confirm it.
No I dithered, so no sport or style pack......fingers crossed for yours.

Back