Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Well after 7 months, meant to be picking up our new Coast this Friday.
It's at vw Liverpool, all ready and waiting.
What could go wrong.....
Well my daughter has tested positive so now all in self isolation till next week .
Shes fine. Just board of sitting in the sun with nothing to do.
Just goes to show, sometimes it's just how it goes.
Oh nooo! Just a thought but I think liverpool offer free delivery on new orders - maybe you could get it delivered so at least you could have a play and camp out at home?

After such a long wait a few more days isn't to bad.
It's just one of those things.
To be honest, I'm quite looking forward to going up to Liverpool to pick it up. All part of the experience .
Glass half full and all that

We had an update today from LVC about the Ocean we ordered at the start of March this year. it’s expected that the build will be in December, with a delivery possible during January. 10 months delivery isn’t what we’d expected at the time of ordering, but at least we can see the end in sight (we hope), and we can start to plan our Spring ‘22 wanderings! Plus we can get all those essential bits and bobs on Santa’s list.

Sooo some hope peeps! I ordered 18th January, 150ps ocean. Told delivery March 1st ( ) missed the first list, then made it onto the 2nd list est delivery July. Then had a confirmed 24 week build. Went into build week 24 14th June. Disappeared when factory shutdown week 25. Popped up at port of exit after 2 weeks. Spent 2 weeks at port, 1 day at sea. Currently in port of entry and got transport to dealership by end of this week so it will be about 1 week at Grimsby.
it should be ours in 1 week! All the delays in the world don’t sully the excitement I’m feeling right now!!

Sooo some hope peeps! I ordered 18th January, 150ps ocean. Told delivery March 1st ( ) missed the first list, then made it onto the 2nd list est delivery July. Then had a confirmed 24 week build. Went into build week 24 14th June. Disappeared when factory shutdown week 25. Popped up at port of exit after 2 weeks. Spent 2 weeks at port, 1 day at sea. Currently in port of entry and got transport to dealership by end of this week so it will be about 1 week at Grimsby.
it should be ours in 1 week! All the delays in the world don’t sully the excitement I’m feeling right now!!
Getting exciting then! Similar position for us, Ocean arrived in Sheerness on 13th, (ordered late Nov, build week 21) and the transport order was raised on Friday. VW estimate 5-7 working days from the transport order so should be with our dealer late this week or early next. Maybe 2-3 weeks away now??...

Latest factory update from California Chris is on YouTube. I checked with my dealer, my June 20th Ocean order has a projected build of March 2022.

Getting exciting then! Similar position for us, Ocean arrived in Sheerness on 13th, (ordered late Nov, build week 21) and the transport order was raised on Friday. VW estimate 5-7 working days from the transport order so should be with our dealer late this week or early next. Maybe 2-3 weeks away now??...
Should be 2! Good luck

Well, today was the day! 259 days after placing our order, I picked up our brand new California T6.1 Ocean 150! The hour drive home from the dealer was a total pleasure!

Even though (like most expectant owners) I have watched all of YouTube 5 times over, and know the van inside out, it feels different actually seeing it all in the flesh. I’m a bit overwhelmed by all of the things I need to get my head around before our maiden camping trip on Thursday. A short 2 nighter to test everything out. Can’t wait!

For all those still waiting, keep the faith, as it will certainly be worth it when you take possession. Trust me!

662175A4-C5BB-4215-AB4E-7DDBA40EF5CE.jpegF9FD7CF7-997A-4CA5-B3E5-59DBC63D8EB9.jpeg5E68C40F-D0B5-4FC1-BC39-87003CDE9504.jpeg36646362-0BFD-458D-A9BD-498F88868768.jpegB8E2ABEF-7D00-407C-9061-C6A022DF706F.jpegF567E7D6-FD90-4AB8-AA9B-9714A949186D.jpeg

Well, today was the day! 259 days after placing our order, I picked up our brand new California T6.1 Ocean 150! The hour drive home from the dealer was a total pleasure!

Even though (like most expectant owners) I have watched all of YouTube 5 times over, and know the van inside out, it feels different actually seeing it all in the flesh. I’m a bit overwhelmed by all of the things I need to get my head around before our maiden camping trip on Thursday. A short 2 nighter to test everything out. Can’t wait!

For all those still waiting, keep the faith, as it will certainly be worth it when you take possession. Trust me!
Very nice! Enjoy it (I'm sure you will).

View attachment 81766View attachment 81767View attachment 81768View attachment 81769View attachment 81770View attachment 81771
We ordered same color! So nice

Congratulations looks great. Enjoy

I was told by a dealer, that if I placed an order now, to expect delivery next May. 11 MONTHS

Hi All, Same thing here in Switzerland. Ordered a Coast (150 hp/DSG) in May '21 > ETA, according to dealer: January '22. Well let's see...!?
Reading here and on the German forum I'll be glad to have it delivered in April?
Cheers, Rob

Looking fantastic!!

We collect ours later this morning, 281 days after our order was placed with the dealer.

I may even be tempted to do a cheeky YouTube video when I’m there… we have a few plans for a small (and not grand!) channel with Cali content… but we’ll see….
As we seem to have near identical vehicles I'm pretty sure you're going to enjoy it! If did my first remote working day from the Cali yesterday. Parked in a nice quiet Cotswolds car park with views of sheep in the fields (and probably Jeremy Clarkson's farm in the distance). Video calls over 4g, fresh coffee, lunch from the fridge. What more could you want??

It's ALIVE! MyVolkswagen is now showing some vehicle details (colour, motorisation) where last week there was nada. I'm getting excited.

View attachment 81766View attachment 81767View attachment 81768View attachment 81769View attachment 81770View attachment 81771
well done really chuffed for you , you give me hope one day mine will arrive (supposedly oct) enjoy your wonderful new motor

Back