Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

will try to find out
That would be handy - I'd like to buy some additional protection for mine when it arrives.
BTW - has anybody else received a reply from VW Chat along the lines of....'the order information currently being produced by the system is incorrect, but we hope to have access to accurate information later this week.....'?

That would be handy - I'd like to buy some additional protection for mine when it arrives.
BTW - has anybody else received a reply from VW Chat along the lines of....'the order information currently being produced by the system is incorrect, but we hope to have access to accurate information later this week.....'?
I haven’t - I try to avoid Chat, they seem to know next to nothing

Exactly that! They say they are having problems with the system……. No kidding!

Some good news for a change, spoke to our dealer and our Van started production week 38, has gone through the paint shop and is now in assembly, due to the dealer in Dec and we will get delivery in Jan 2022 with 2022 plates on it. 12 months from the original order.

Last edited:
Some good news for a change, spoke to our dealer and our Van started production week 38, has gone through the paint shop and is now in assembly, due to the dealer in Dec and we will get delivery in Jan 2022 with 2022 plates on it. 12 months from the original order.
Amazing detail from your dealer. My van was 'in build' and is now Code 30 'In transit from factory' (at last!). No detail as it went through the factory from my dealer.
Seems a long time between painting/assembly to delivery to the dealer?!

Amazing detail from your dealer. My van was 'in build' and is now Code 30 'In transit from factory' (at last!). No detail as it went through the factory from my dealer.
Seems a long time between painting/assembly to delivery to the dealer?!
I got an email on Friday to say mine had been built. Started build the same time as yours.

I got an email on Friday to say mine had been built. Started build the same time as yours.
Great - you ordered a sports pack too didn’t you? Maybe there was a shortage of black Springfield wheels.
Hope they get delivered toot sweet!

Great - you ordered a sports pack too didn’t you? Maybe there was a shortage of black Springfield wheels.
Hope they get delivered toot sweet!
Yes, I ordered the sports pack too. I need to get more organised if it’s actually on its way!

Have you checked with your dealer that VW Chat is giving you accurate information?
I am beyond consolation - it seems both VW chats I had were correct - my van did have a build date of wk 36, but is no longer being built.
After a lot of effort, my dealer has established that it was damaged and written off in production...
God alone knows when I'll see it - another year?
:headbang:headbang:headbang:Depressed

I am beyond consolation - it seems both VW chats I had were correct - my van did have a build date of wk 36, but is no longer being built.
After a lot of effort, my dealer has established that it was damaged and written off in production...
You poor thing - that's just plain unlucky!
Perhaps you could prevail upon their goodwill and ask the lads in Hanover to make a special effort to start yours again straightaway.

You poor thing - that's just plain unlucky!
Perhaps you could prevail upon their goodwill and ask the lads in Hanover to make a special effort to start yours again straightaway.
Surely the lads in Hanover don't need to be asked to do that...

Yes, I ordered the sports pack too. I need to get more organised if it’s actually on its way!
Suggest you just need to know how you're paying for it, how you're insuring it (I'm going LV) and to make sure you've got a 907 gas bottle with some gas in it...the rest can take care of itself?

Not sure which is worse. Mine was written off by the dealership…..

Not sure which is worse. Mine was written off by the dealership…..
I reckon that is worse, in that it'll probably be longer to get in the queue again. Surely if the factory write it off, they just start building that customer a new one asap. If a dealer does they need to start pulling strings...?

I reckon that is worse, in that it'll probably be longer to get in the queue again. Surely if the factory write it off, they just start building that customer a new one asap. If a dealer does they need to start pulling strings...?
You’re right. You would hope that an order damaged at the factory and written off would be placed back at the head of the queue without a shadow of a doubt. You would hope…

Suggest you just need to know how you're paying for it, how you're insuring it (I'm going LV) and to make sure you've got a 907 gas bottle with some gas in it...the rest can take care of itself?
Paying is sorted, the insurance and gas bottle are in hand so should be ok. I decided I wasn’t going to buy loads of stuff before, see what I actually needed as I went along.

Paying is sorted, the insurance and gas bottle are in hand so should be ok. I decided I wasn’t going to buy loads of stuff before, see what I actually needed as I went along.
Do you have.a first trip planned?!
(I don’t, now we’ve probably missed half term...)

Do you have.a first trip planned?!
(I don’t, now we’ve probably missed half term...)
No, half term would have been ideal for me but might visit family for a weekend. Think they are desperate to see it too.

You’re right. You would hope that an order damaged at the factory and written off would be placed back at the head of the queue without a shadow of a doubt. You would hope…
The factory said they will prioritise a replacement.
But now it feels better not to hope, and just forget about it until 2022.

Sorry for your loss. Did one of those robots go berserk and hammer it back to a flat piece of metal? I knew it would happen one day.

Is anyone else still waiting for their van which entered build in week 26?

Is anyone else still waiting for their van which entered build in week 26?
I’m waiting for my week35 bud van
I’m told it’s in transit and should be at the dealer in 2 weeks. Have you been told yours is in transit from the factory?

The factory said they will prioritise a replacement.
But now it feels better not to hope, and just forget about it until 2022.
That’s awful. Accidents happen but as we’ve seen on here, VW can tweak things to get a van out faster. I’d take an extra few weeks wait so Mimi could get their van faster. Seems only fair

Back