Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

I’m waiting for my week35 bud van
I’m told it’s in transit and should be at the dealer in 2 weeks. Have you been told yours is in transit from the factory?
I’m hoping mine is in transit too. Obviously the VW computer system seems to be down so no way of tracking. Mine was put at status 30 3 weeks ago. The Mallacca Highway is currently en route from Emden to Sheerness. Hoping it’s on that!

I’m waiting for my week35 bud van
I’m told it’s in transit and should be at the dealer in 2 weeks. Have you been told yours is in transit from the factory?
No - I’ve been told mine is still sat in the factory, built but awaiting a missing part! Been like that for many weeks now. I didn’t have any optional extras either.

No - I’ve been told mine is still sat in the factory, built but awaiting a missing part! Been like that for many weeks now. I didn’t have any optional extras either.
Same situation for me too.....stalled in its Build Week, 39, owing to missing parts. I had ordered some optional extras, but none of the usual suspects. I reckon VWC UK / the UK dealers are prioritising the more profitable orders - higher specs / valuable trade-ins, etc.

Very strange, I ticked almost every options box.
Perhaps they prioritised mine for the scarce parts because I ordered 8 October 2020...

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss. Did one of those robots go berserk and hammer it back to a flat piece of metal? I knew it would happen one day.
TBH - I'm baffled how it could be completely written off at the factory because, from what I've seen and read, it appears to be hand assembled. So a rogue robot seems as plausible as any other reason.

My cynical side wonders what really happened to it...
Every time I see an indium grey/woodstock 71 reg on the road I'll be suspicious.

TBH - I'm baffled how it could be completely written off at the factory because, from what I've seen and read, it appears to be hand assembled. So a rogue robot seems as plausible as any other reason.

My cynical side wonders what really happened to it...
Every time I see an indium grey/woodstock 71 reg on the road I'll be suspicious.
It’s also possible that human error is exactly why a California could be written off in the production line?- or have so many PDI issues?….and recurrent build faults (so well documented on the forum)?
When my van was written off by the dealership in June, an accounts manager tried to cheer me up by recounting another catastrophic human related error where three vans were written off when they fell off the train from the factory to Emden….

Last edited:
Very strange, I ticked almost every options box.
Perhaps they prioritised mine for the scarce points because I ordered 8 October 2020...
That probably makes sense though that yours is on the way if you ordered 12 months ago! I’m on 10 months and counting!!

Hellow all waiting for a cali t6.1, already received one or just beeing here for the reading material.
Order delays… TBH: For me all the same: I've lost interest when our coast will be delivered. It wasn't like that: I was really looking forward to it but it has become absurd (and I am still very understanding, Corona, factory closure a few times, major supply problems and whatever). Still: it takes too long and luckily I don't regret that we ordered a new one because when it comes it will be exactly as we imagined and configured it. This was a fun, exciting period: at the end of August 2020… then given a delivery date of 8 months: May 2021. We were so happy when we received a message: 'good news, your California will already be delivered at the end of March'. Little extra surprise: it was a cherry red. Beautiful, certainly, but not the way we ordered it: ascot grey. No problem because we would receive an already ordered but not yet made one for the dealer, completely adapted to our configuration; delivery end of June-beginning of July '21. And the promise that, if he wouldn't be there anyway, we would get a California for our summer trip for 4 weeks, for free! This also happened, great (only, after just a week our daughter broke both elbows and we urgently had to return home for the operation). When would we get ours then? November became ‘no more this year’. January 22 became February 22 and for now already March 22. I will hear when he is there, meanwhile we keep putting money aside. That is the only advantage of those absurdly long waiting times because I do not like loans :Grin So you see, every disadvantage has its advantage.
Greetings
Calibusje

Last edited:
Is anyone else still waiting for their van which entered build in week 26?
Yes. Despite many calls to the dealer we still have no indication when to expect delivery.

Has ANYONE got anything our of vw chat recently ?? they have been telling me for two weeks now the systems are down and they have no information on my van that went into build a month ago, god i could scream with anger how this company is treating its customers its all totally shocking if im honest, its so wrong not to tell us whats going on ? So has anyone heard anything about their own van in last 2 weeks on chat? Thank you

Hellow all waiting for a cali t6.1, already received one or just beeing here for the reading material.
Order delays… TBH: For me the all the same: I've lost interest when our coast will be delivered. It wasn't like that: I was really looking forward to it but it has become absurd (and I am still very understanding, Corona, factory closure a few times, major supply problems and whatever). Still: it takes too long and luckily I don't regret that we ordered a new one because when it comes it will be exactly as we imagined and configured it. This was a fun, exciting period: at the end of August 2020… then given a delivery date of 8 months: May 2021. We were so happy when we received a message: 'good news, your California will already be delivered at the end of March'. Little extra surprise: it was a cherry red. Beautiful, certainly, but not the way we ordered it: ascot grey. No problem because we would receive an already ordered but not yet made one for the dealer, completely adapted to our configuration; delivery end of June-beginning of July '21. And the promise that, if he wouldn't be there anyway, we would get a California for our summer trip for 4 weeks, for free! This also happened, beautifully (only, after just a week our daughter broke both elbows and we urgently had to return home for the operation). When would we get ours then? November became ‘no more this year’. January 22 became February 22 and for now already March 22. I will hear when he is there, meanwhile we keep putting money aside. That is the only advantage of those absurdly long waiting times because I do not like loans :Grin So you see, every disadvantage has its advantage.
Greetings
Calibusje
Edit: bit against my idea of constantly checking when your cali could be delivered and screwing yourself up, still: Sunday and got some time left checked so on myVolkswagen: estimated delivery date: April 12, 2022 :D
That makes a year of waiting time and another 8 months of waiting for the coast before, delivered in the wrong colour: 20 months. Unbelievable but true.
Fortunately, there are more important things in our lives and we still have our 30 year old westfalia california.
Have a nice Sunday and take it easy.
Calibusje

Last edited:
Has ANYONE got anything our of vw chat recently ?? they have been telling me for two weeks now the systems are down and they have no information on my van that went into build a month ago, god i could scream with anger how this company is treating its customers its all totally shocking if im honest, its so wrong not to tell us whats going on ? So has anyone heard anything about their own van in last 2 weeks on chat? Thank you
No, nothing at all for over 2 weeks! Important systems aren't usually allowed to languish unfixed for so long, so I get the feeling that 'something's going on' which is not being shared with customers whose vehicles are 'in build'.

No we haven’t got any info out of them either, initially was told to try later in the week when hopefully back up and running then last person said to me Thursday that until further notice only dealer can provide status updates.

Mine went into production week commencing 20th September and it has now arrived at the UK port so will be picking it up next weekend. can't wait!
great new richard happy for you !!!! mine was same 20th september also but not a jot of news for me yet but maybe soon :)

Mine went into production week commencing 20th September and it has now arrived at the UK port so will be picking it up next weekend. can't wait!
may i ask what did you buy richard? just so i gain hope if its similar lol

may i ask what did you buy richard? just so i gain hope if its similar lol
Hi

Was the standard 150 with some upgrades - Heated front Screen, rear shower connection, wood effect floors, High Beam assist, Chrome package, Comfort mattress and Graphite Grey cupboards

Hi

Was the standard 150 with some upgrades - Heated front Screen, rear shower connection, wood effect floors, High Beam assist, Chrome package, Comfort mattress and Graphite Grey cupboards
Hi!
When did you order It?

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 9S mediante Tapatalk

Hello again from the Switzerland orders!
Just got updates from our dealer... According to him we DO have a confirmed build week 45 (8th November).
Now the 2 weird things he said:
- We ordered in December 2020, and we called back in March to ask if we could add the digital cockpit (not a default in CH market) WITHOUT any extra delay. He said that as the van was in the queue and not even with a build date, we could add whatever without extra delay. So we did.
When we called today he said we are LUCKY to have a confirmed build week soon as we ordered in MARCH. WTF! He clearly said no extra delays!
- He said to expect delivery by February o_O He said 8 weeks from production to home but that with xmas and so on we should expect a big delay... isn't it crazy? We don't depend on a ship as UK orders and for what I read the average is like 1 month to get it right?

Now, we wanted it for xmas to travel home (we are not from Switzerland) and we will be out full January, so I don't really care if it arrives in Jan, Feb or end of Dec, but still unbelievable how this works!

Hello again from the Switzerland orders!
Just got updates from our dealer... According to him we DO have a confirmed build week 45 (8th November).
Now the 2 weird things he said:
- We ordered in December 2020, and we called back in March to ask if we could add the digital cockpit (not a default in CH market) WITHOUT any extra delay. He said that as the van was in the queue and not even with a build date, we could add whatever without extra delay. So we did.
When we called today he said we are LUCKY to have a confirmed build week soon as we ordered in MARCH. WTF! He clearly said no extra delays!
- He said to expect delivery by February o_O He said 8 weeks from production to home but that with xmas and so on we should expect a big delay... isn't it crazy? We don't depend on a ship as UK orders and for what I read the average is like 1 month to get it right?

Now, we wanted it for xmas to travel home (we are not from Switzerland) and we will be out full January, so I don't really care if it arrives in Jan, Feb or end of Dec, but still unbelievable how this works!
It's also unbelievable how everyone gets a different story. I contacted my dealer to discuss adding the Alarm and was told it would delay the build, so I dropped the idea. I also ordered December 2020 and am now being told that they are hopeful that they can get it to me by end of year.
@meryvan what are you doing about winter tires?

It's also unbelievable how everyone gets a different story. I contacted my dealer to discuss adding the Alarm and was told it would delay the build, so I dropped the idea. I also ordered December 2020 and am now being told that they are hopeful that they can get it to me by end of year.
@meryvan what are you doing about winter tires?
So yours is getting build? Where did you order? Me amag etoy!
we got all season tires by default, so no issue with that

My Cali Ocean 4wd, ordered at the start of January 2021 went into production in week 26 and has now moved to a shipping stattus 38.
It may actually arrive this year!

So yours is getting build? Where did you order? Me amag etoy!
we got all season tires by default, so no issue with that
My build hasn't started yet. The VWN dealer is the one in Aarberg. He claims the van could be ready by end of year but is reluctant to furnish details. Counting backwards 8 weeks suggests that my build week may be the same as yours, at the beginning of November.
It will be delivered with summer tires but I'm contemplating having them replaced immediately with Michelin CrossClimate2s and putting the summers up for sale (unless the dealer kindly takes them off my hands as a trade).

Back