Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

My Cali Ocean 4wd, ordered at the start of January 2021 went into production in week 26 and has now moved to a shipping stattus 38.
It may actually arrive this year!
What spec did you order? We ordered an Ocean 204 4WD in Jan which went into build in week 26. Still awaiting an update from the dealer

I'm tempted to think some orders get "gazumped", by that I mean that VW commercials requisition chassis/parts for their own use, as despite the cost of an Ocean or Beach, the commercial side has a lot more muscle behind it. We're smallfry in comparison...
I can't believe how many just "fall of the back of the lorry", or such big differences in lead times with no explanation.

No, half term would have been ideal for me but might visit family for a weekend. Think they are desperate to see it too.
Any news for you Lizzibeth?
I know @PhilR is waiting for fortana with sports pack, wondering like many of us exactly what comes with the pack and hoping for some photo’s...

Hi all. So we took the plunge earlier in the year, threw caution to the wind, ignored the eye-watering price tag and ordered a T6.1 California a couple of weeks before lock-down from VW vans (Liverpool). Since then there have been a number of delays and further delays in the delivery date. Apparently VW (Germany) cannot give any firm build and delivery dates. It appears that when it is built it receives a chassis number and then its progress to the dealer can be tracked. We were originally given mid-May for delivery to the dealer which included 4 weeks from issue of chassis number to delivery to the dealer. Since then we have had several revisions to the predicted delivery date, the latest being end of July / beginning of August which is perilously close to the issue of new registrations on 1st September. Apparently the time from issue of chassis number to delivery to the dealer, 8 weeks is now being quoted not the previous 4 weeks. According to the dealer VW are not giving even any rough indications of build completions or delivery to dealer. Come on VW (Germany), where is the communication with the dealer and customer service here. It can't be that difficult to work out and convey this information. You are leaving customers in limbo and causing worry. The news may not be good but at least communicate it so people can plan / cancel camp sites or even cancel the order. After all by September 1st the season is nearly over. I wondered if anyone else is having similar experiences? Kind regards, David and Helen.

Ditto, im based in France, I ordered my new Cali Beach Camper Dec2020 ( with 10 month delivery date of Oct 2021). Car dealer informs me the build has not started, and there is no communication from Hannover factory to predict a revised date. The dealer is one of the largest in South France, but it would seem they cant get any positive response to inform customers. We are all aware of semiconductor shortages used extensively in a lot of cars and vans, but I saw another thread and it would seem VW are in a disarray and cannot predict when they can start specific builds. At least some form of expectation should be shared with the various dealerships rather than zero response. I expect the orders with higher sell value ( more accessories) will get priority, if they have the parts to fulfill the order. For sure Covid has taught us one thing and that commitments are not what they used to be.

Any news for you Lizzibeth?
I know @PhilR is waiting for fortana with sports pack, wondering like many of us exactly what comes with the pack and hoping for some photo’s...
Got an update from the dealer yesterday to say it should be with them next week and what my reg would be. So fingers crossed not long to wait now.

Got an update from the dealer yesterday to say it should be with them next week and what my reg would be. So fingers crossed not long to wait now.
That’s such good news you must be really pleased! I’m beginning to wonder if such a day will ever come for me!

Got an update too. My Ocean has been built and is at the port awaiting shipment to the U.K., so I should get it in early November. Cali Ocean 204, 4 motion, with tow bar, ordered on 12 Feb this year.

Got an update too. My Ocean has been built and is at the port awaiting shipment to the U.K., so I should get it in early November. Cali Ocean 204, 4 motion, with tow bar, ordered on 12 Feb this year.
nine months is fairly quick considering. i’m looking at 11 months assuming nothing changes, which is about what I expected (originally told six months which I didn’t really believe) and folk in this thread have been waiting up to a year and counting (production accidents notwithstanding)

That’s such good news you must be really pleased! I’m beginning to wonder if such a day will ever come for me!
I am. It’s been a long wait. I ordered at the beginning of November 2020 but I know some have waited longer.

Ditto, im based in France, I ordered my new Cali Beach Camper Dec2020 ( with 10 month delivery date of Oct 2021). Car dealer informs me the build has not started, and there is no communication from Hannover factory to predict a revised date. The dealer is one of the largest in South France, but it would seem they cant get any positive response to inform customers. We are all aware of semiconductor shortages used extensively in a lot of cars and vans, but I saw another thread and it would seem VW are in a disarray and cannot predict when they can start specific builds. At least some form of expectation should be shared with the various dealerships rather than zero response. I expect the orders with higher sell value ( more accessories) will get priority, if they have the parts to fulfill the order. For sure Covid has taught us one thing and that commitments are not what they used to be.
I'm about to hit the 1 year milestone since ordering in mid Nov 2020. Dealer is in the Netherlands. I get the distinct impression RHD Cali's are getting built sooner than LHD ones. How many of the former, ordered in 2020 are waiting more than 12 months? Mine is a 199/204 4Motion with towbar.
I just emailed my dealer for an update but not holding by breath. Originally told delivery in Sept, then Nov/Dec but nothing definite.

I'm about to hit the 1 year milestone since ordering in mid Nov 2020. Dealer is in the Netherlands. I get the distinct impression RHD Cali's are getting built sooner than LHD ones. How many of the former, ordered in 2020 are waiting more than 12 months? Mine is a 199/204 4Motion with towbar.
I just emailed my dealer for an update but not holding by breath. Originally told delivery in Sept, then Nov/Dec but nothing definite.
Good luck with the wait ! We ordered end of June 2020 (in Belgium) , and the cali arrived on the 24 th of September 2021. We couldn't believe it, but the cali comes in the end!

I am. It’s been a long wait. I ordered at the beginning of November 2020 but I know some have waited longer.
Wow that is a long wait you are well due your van! I’m expecting to reach the year mark too!

I’ve been waiting nearly 13 months for a RHD, but I do seem to have been particularly unfortunate...

There is a theory circulating on the German Cali board that Multivan orders are being held back or cancelled by Volkswagen because of CO2 penalties. This apparently explains why we're seeing more Californias being produced as they are campers and as a consequence don't add to the accumulated CO2 target. I'm not sure if I've understood everything from there nor if the theory is correct , but I think this is the gist of it.

I’ve been waiting nearly 13 months for a RHD, but I do seem to have been particularly unfortunate...
Have you not had any recent updates? Didn’t your build start the same week as mine?

Ordered a 150 DSG Ocean from LVC 1st March 2021 in Copper Bronze/ Candy White. After seeing a Leaf Green/ Candy White Caravelle (with chrome pack) down in Cornwall, and comparing to the Copper/White Ocean we managed to hire - we really took to the green colour. So, we asked if a change of colour ‘was still possible?’. Bad news and good news… “bad news” our van is not due to be in production till December / delivery Jan., to confirm in a few weeks time. ”Good news” Yes you can change colour. Every cloud has a silver lining ?

120D007C-52FE-4997-939C-093EC5F47F3E.jpeg

Ordered a 150 DSG Ocean from LVC 1st March 2021 in Copper Bronze/ Candy White. After seeing a Leaf Green/ Candy White Caravelle (with chrome pack) down in Cornwall, and comparing to the Copper/White Ocean we managed to hire - we really took to the green colour. So, we asked if a change of colour ‘was still possible?’. Bad news and good news… “bad news” our van is not due to be in production till December / delivery Jan., to confirm in a few weeks time. ”Good news” Yes you can change colour. Every cloud has a silver lining ?

View attachment 85967
Great news. Lovely colour. Have you gone for those classy wheels too?

View attachment 85967
maybe it's just the lighting but it looks ascot grey, which I think would look awesome with green.

Yes, it was a bit cloudy that day. It was actually the standard factory paint bi-colour option of leaf green and candy white - I had chat with the owner. Interesting that he’d chosen the chrome pack to have the b-pillar in black. We are going for 18” Palmerston alloys as we haven’t had a great experience with diamond turned alloys in the past.

At 9 months to the day, our new Cali was ‘delivered’ last friday and we collected from Breeze in Poole. We are wowed so far.. fingers crossed for everyone still waiting.. driving experience is just beautiful..4E37B8B8-44D2-405C-B9EE-895EFFE60970.jpeg

At 9 months to the day, our new Cali was ‘delivered’ last friday and we collected from Breeze in Poole. We are wowed so far.. fingers crossed for everyone still waiting.. driving experience is just beautiful..View attachment 85971
Looks really nice. Looking forward to also collecting ours from Breeze in Poole next year.

Unbelievable. Now being told delivery not expected until March 2022. Ordered Nov 2020. Nothing can be done according to the dealer to speed things up. If it does show in March that will be a 16 month wait. Now I'm really convinced RHD Cali builds are taking presidence over LHD. Not the end of the world but I REALLY hope VW keep this new extended delivery schedule.

Back