Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

I also ordered a 4Motion Ocean at the end of June '21 (from Liverpool). Very little feedback from them so far, other than build week 19 is currently showing in their system ! Which would mean it is getting dangerously close to the end of June deadline before the price increase.
So the fact that your similar vehicle is estimated at week 10 does now give me some faint hope for an earlier delivery
Fingers crossed for you. Mine has been at week 10 from the outset, I wonder why that much variation?

Interesting to read everyone’s updates. We ordered in August 2021 and the paperwork said estimated delivery mid June 2022 (which we took with a massive pinch of salt!)

We’ve not heard anything from our dealer since placing the order and only know about the price increase from this forum.

Messaged our dealer on Monday for an update and we’re still waiting for a reply…

It's called VW Customer Service. Sorry I know sarcasm is the lowest form of humour, but just couldn't resist it, but many a true word spoken in jest.

Have been lurking on this site while waiting for my Ocean to be built. It’s a great resource. Thought I’d give all those waiting patiently an update on my recent order experience from the UK.

Ordered 21 April 2021, Ocean 204 4M with towbar, tyre valves, 80L tank, and a couple of extra bits. Purchased via DrivetheDeal with 10% discount and 4 free VW services.

Provisional build date given shortly after ordering was 4 October 2021 (Wk40). Uncomfirmed build date became 18 Oct (Wk 42) Not sure when it actually got built but it arrived at the VW dealership the week before 23 December 2021. Dealership kindly held it for me until the new year to enable it to be registered as a 2022.

Great experience with DtD and their chosen VW supplier.

Last edited:
such is the lottery of the build weeks!
We ordered exactly the same time yet I'm looking at May for a (supposedly easier) 2wd w /o towbar!

Have been lurking on this site while waiting for my Ocean to be built. It’s a great resource. Thought I’d give all those waiting patiently an update on my recent order experience from the UK.

Ordered 21 April 2021, Ocean 204 4M with towbar, tyre valves, 80L tank, and a couple of extra bits. Purchased via DrivetheDeal with 10% discount and 4 free VW services.

Provisional build date given shortly after ordering was 4 October 2021 (Wk40). Uncomfirmed build date became 18 Oct (Wk 42) Not sure when it actually got built but it arrived at the VW dealership the week before 23 December 2021. Dealership kindly held it for me until the new year to enable it to be registered as a 2022.

Were the 4 free VW services only included if you used VW PCP finance.
I ordered 1 week later than you from DTD but am not expecting delivery until March 2022.

Were the 4 free VW services only included if you used VW PCP finance.
I ordered 1 week later than you from DTD but am not expecting delivery until March 2022.
No, was not necessary to use any finance deal to qualify for the offer.

No, was not necessary to use any finance deal to qualify for the offer.
Thanks for the info, I did download the offer page when I ordered in April, but was not sure if it would still be honoured. It was only available if ordered between April and June 2021

VW Warranty.jpg

Wow that‘s a good result! Agree with@bob_summers, the delivery period is fairly random. We placed our order for a 150DSG Ocean on 1st March 21, and it’s “nearly” with the dealer, but not yet!

Some of my work in the past 30 years working in engineering projects has been in automotive supply chain. In normal times, car OEMs can reckon on near 100% availability of parts being available for every car, it’s huge penalties on suppliers if they’re not. This is the assumption on how the manufacturing scheduling system is set up. I reckon that at the moment, when your vehicle production is launched into the factory system, if all parts are available - it sails through. If not, the vehicle is pulled out of the scheduling queue awaiting the part. Meanwhile other vehicles move past that have all their parts. With the current high variability with component supply, they must be putting in all kinds of exceptions and manual inputs, hence the seemingly random nature. Out of curiosity, it would be good to get a dealer perspective on this?

Hi again,
Any updates on Swiss orders?
Nothing for us and I admit that after 13 months I am so pissed and sad at the same time ...
I feel it will never arrive..

Hi again,
Nothing for us and I admit that after 13 months I am so pissed and sad at the same time ...
Misery loves company. Things are not much better in Holland. 14 months and counting, although dealer is saying mid-April delivery

Hi again,
Well, today I got a very NICE Update from the dealer, here in Switzerland:
The production of our Cali is confirmed for week 04, so that is next week :bananadance2
That would mean that we can pick up our Cali in week 10 - 12 ... :upsidedown

Perfect timing, at the beginning of spring :)

PS: We ordered in May '21

Out of interest does anyone have any idea how many California's are built in an average week?

The production of our Cali is confirmed for week 04, so that is next week :bananadance2

Can you remind me your specs? Mine is ocean 150 dsg white copper, rear camera, digital cockpit and some little extras. No towbar, only preinstallation.
I assume you are with AMAG? And did the dealer contact you or you asked him?
You ordered in May wow..

That’s good for a order placed in May

Can you remind me your specs? Mine is ocean 150 dsg white copper, rear camera, digital cockpit and some little extras. No towbar, only preinstallation.
I assume you are with AMAG? And did the dealer contact you or you asked him?
You ordered in May wow..

Hi Meryvan,

FYI: We ordered a Coast, with 150 hp/DSG in Ascot grey, with a tow bar, but without any "electronics"; so no digital cockpit, no driver assistance systems, no camera etc. so pretty basic.
Our very friendly AMAG sales man, send us an update via email this morning, without being asked.
I hope that your Cali will arrive soon as well... :)

Hi Meryvan,

FYI: We ordered a Coast, with 150 hp/DSG in Ascot grey, with a tow bar, but without any "electronics"; so no digital cockpit, no driver assistance systems, no camera etc. so pretty basic.
Our very friendly AMAG sales man, send us an update via email this morning, without being asked.
I hope that your Cali will arrive soon as well... :)
Aham I think Coast and Beach move faster, still for a May order is really good!
I hope so! I agree having it for spring would be perfect, but I am also dreaming with a snow trip :)

Out of interest does anyone have any idea how many California's are built in an average week?
There was a post on this thread back in September which said it was about 100 a day and they were trying to increase that to 130.

Not sure how many days a week they work at the factory.

Back