Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Exciting times mate! Good luck for Wednesday. Ben at Eurovans was a nice chap to deal with. Eurovans PDI process isn’t going to get a positive review from us though - we went there armed with the great 3 page checklist from this forum……
Item 1 on the list - Chairs in tailgate - tick? Nope. No chairs
Item 2 - table in side door - tick? Nope. No table :oops:
Unbelievable really. Ben sourced us some brand new chairs from another brand new Cali that was there (Grey one, not black so not yours!!!)
Table sourced similarly, but not brand new and has one of the levelling screws missing. What were they doing when they PDI’d it???
We drove to Crawley park to fully check the van after this fiasco. Luckily everything else on the list seems to be there/ok. Apart from the shower connection - water sprays out of the valve when we open the kitchen tap. This led to a soaked floor which wasn’t ideal. We now can’t use the kitchen tap unless we fit the shower hose as that has a trigger which is stopping the water flow. But that has to be removed to shut the tailgate, so a right faff.
1. The PDI does not include any of the Camping/Habitation fittings or equipment.
2. The 4 legged table only comes with 1 adjustable leg fitting. No more are needed to stop it rocking.

Here She is !
Collected yesterday from Marshalls in Reading, couldn't have had a better handover, 3 hrs with John who went through every aspect of the Cali and nothing was too much trouble - he even came in on his day off to facilitate - probably the best handover I've had from any car I've bought during the 58 years I've been on this earth! :)
We are really pleased with the vehicle, managed to drive her home before it rained and now need to plan our first adventure. We would have preferred to have delayed until spring 2023 but VW have recently stipulated when it arrives it must be collected so it is what it is and we can enjoy straight away - I even checked with VW customer service and its correct so out of dealer's hands.
At least all those rumours around the possibility of having to make up the price increases whilst waiting over the last year have been dispelled, not even mentioned once by the dealer, so it looks like VW decided to honour their prices at point of order after all.
For those still waiting, believe me it's all worth it on collection day, even at the high price tag.
Ironically, we ordered on 26/11/21 and collected exactly a year later on 26/11/22. Now I think now we are moving towards much shorter lead times and have turned a corner which has to be good news for everyone :)

A83CA345-088E-4272-A45E-912B19D153E7.jpeg

DDCE5328-349F-4979-90BA-1B21D32C0112.jpeg

Here She is !
Collected yesterday from Marshalls in Reading, couldn't have had a better handover, 3 hrs with John who went through every aspect of the Cali and nothing was too much trouble - he even came in on his day off to facilitate - probably the best handover I've had from any car I've bought during the 58 years I've been on this earth! :)
We are really pleased with the vehicle, managed to drive her home before it rained and now need to plan our first adventure. We would have preferred to have delayed until spring 2023 but VW have recently stipulated when it arrives it must be collected so it is what it is and we can enjoy straight away - I even checked with VW customer service and its correct so out of dealer's hands.
At least all those rumours around the possibility of having to make up the price increases whilst waiting over the last year have been dispelled, not even mentioned once by the dealer, so it looks like VW decided to honour their prices at point of order after all.
For those still waiting, believe me it's all worth it on collection day, even at the high price tag.
Ironically, we ordered on 26/11/21 and collected exactly a year later on 26/11/22. Now I think now we are moving towards much shorter lead times and have turned a corner which has to be good news for everyone :)

View attachment 102577

View attachment 102578
Very nice! I’ll keep my eye out for you around Oxford :)

1. The PDI does not include any of the Camping/Habitation fittings or equipment.
2. The 4 legged table only comes with 1 adjustable leg fitting. No more are needed to stop it rocking.
Thanks for the table info, didn’t know that.
Or the PDI - but still think it’s a poor show to have the table and chairs missing!

Ok so I had a call last week from Autoebid who said my van was due for delivery soon. Rang the dealership (who have never initiated any updates etc since ordering the van in August 21) to find out how soon the van was due. Had a very strange conversation about how my van was due to land at port and should be with me in 3 weeks however she wanted to prepare me that I may have to pay a revised price increase. She then said she couldn’t check what this may or may not be as my van wasn’t in the system for 48hrs whilst shipping?? And also that some vans depending on the vin number pay more than others?! So no increase. All sounds a bit ambiguous to me. Anyway if anyone has any advice or similar experience it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Ok so I had a call last week from Autoebid who said my van was due for delivery soon. Rang the dealership (who have never initiated any updates etc since ordering the van in August 21) to find out how soon the van was due. Had a very strange conversation about how my van was due to land at port and should be with me in 3 weeks however she wanted to prepare me that I may have to pay a revised price increase. She then said she couldn’t check what this may or may not be as my van wasn’t in the system for 48hrs whilst shipping?? And also that some vans depending on the vin number pay more than others?! So no increase. All sounds a bit ambiguous to me. Anyway if anyone has any advice or similar experience it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
So no increase- I meant some vans may have no increase!

It’s poor really isn’t it, considering it’s an expensive, luxury van.
The dealers clearly don’t do their jobs and more interested in getting these off the forecourt.

we picked up our new Ocean today (4 months from the date of order) and everything appeared to be sealed, present and correct. Ours was from Liverpool and they seemed to know what should be there. The only thing adrift was there was no battery in the still factory sealed heater remote but that was soon rectified. The drive home was good, there was not a rattle or squeak from anywhere so hopefully we have a good one.

we picked up our new Ocean today (4 months from the date of order) and everything appeared to be sealed, present and correct. Ours was from Liverpool and they seemed to know what should be there. The only thing adrift was there was no battery in the still factory sealed heater remote but that was soon rectified. The drive home was good, there was not a rattle or squeak from anywhere so hopefully we have a good one.
It’s not unusual to not have a rattle or a squeak, but blimey it’s very unusual to take delivery in 4 months!
Nice one.

it appears to be so. The inner material is different to the outer, almost a neoprene feel inside.

Is it a double layer?
Sounds good - congratulations and happy camping !

Sounds good - congratulations and happy camping !
thanks, it’s a downsize for us from a pvc so it will need some mental adjustment. However, just to be able to park in normal car parks will be a big plus.

Exciting times mate! Good luck for Wednesday. Ben at Eurovans was a nice chap to deal with. Eurovans PDI process isn’t going to get a positive review from us though - we went there armed with the great 3 page checklist from this forum……
Unbelievable really. Ben sourced us some brand new chairs from another brand new Cali that was there (Grey one, not black so not yours!!!)
Table sourced similarly, but not brand new and has one of the levelling screws missing. What were they doing when they PDI’d it???
We drove to Crawley park to fully check the van after this fiasco. Luckily everything else on the list seems to be there/ok. Apart from the shower connection - water sprays out of the valve when we open the kitchen tap. This led to a soaked floor which wasn’t ideal. We now can’t use the kitchen tap unless we fit the shower hose as that has a trigger which is stopping the water flow. But that has to be removed to shut the tailgate, so a right faff.
Thanks Phil, OMG the PDI sounds a bit awful!
Glad you got yours in the end and all the other stuff is okay.
What a nightmare on the shower.
I got shafted and now they say mine is without shower and 2nd drawer under bench seat but very luckily I can retrofit these after so not a massive problemo !

Must be from Crawley Eurovans as I saw that there when I picked mine up Thursday
Hi, did you happen to see a black 4 motion with Palmerston alloys ? :Nailbiting I’m still waiting

I got shafted and now they say mine is without shower and 2nd drawer under bench seat but very luckily I can retrofit these after so not a massive problemo !
Oh no, but as you say you can retrofit. I had a good look around the back trying to sort the shower issue and it looks an easy retrofit to be honest, one the dealer could do for you I would say! I managed to fix it myself (after good advice on here) - the valve was sticking “open”. Good luck for tomorrow mate.

I must have got your shower - collected mine on Saturday - didnt order or pay for a shower but mines got one fitted!

Oh dear!
Ours from Eurovans had one B-pillar blacking missing!
I think its fair to say the PDI is 'lacking to non-existent'.

Can we get some pics, inside and out? I hope this means my Coast will have the new fabric when the dealer takes delivery in a few weeks time.
Has delivery date been confirmed??
Question: Will you still pay the same price that you agreed when originally ordered 2 years ago?

Back