Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6

New T6.1 ordered with Breeze Poole today. I got overuled on the colour!

Bayleaf Green metalic
18" Palmerston Alloys
Discovery Nav Pro
Electric side door

Very competative quote and they have the order.
Let the waiting begin!

Excellent - what size engine did you opt for? I can’t make my mind up. Currently have a SE 180BHP manual and leaning towards the 199. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Excellent - what size engine did you opt for? I can’t make my mind up. Currently have a SE 180BHP manual and leaning towards the 199. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

I test drove a 150 DSG. That had plently of go for me so went for that.

Hi Zooks,
Glad you sorted it out with Breeze.
Many little improvements come with the T6.1. Good choice.
Electric Door! Some love em, some don't. I suggest you read the post on people's views and experiences.
Enjoy the buying journey. The end result is you'll get exactly what you want. No wishing you'd tick a certain option box.

see this video regarding sliding door

Thanks guys. I saw that video on the different door types but its a must have for us. Unfortunately I had to order 4 keys to go with it which I wasn't expecting.
Some of the pack options were downright confusing as well

That order has now been cancelled.
I going for a T6.1 150 DSG now.
The VW configuator does not seem to be working at the moment but I was shocked when I did it through Drive the Deal and it came out at £59k
thats £4k less than I was going to pay for a T6
Hello, just read all the thread and am relieved to see you ended going for a T6.1 with drive the deal .. we have done exactly the same and saved nearly £9k - very easy process too. We test drive a T6 at Breeze in Poole but always intended to go through drive the deal to save money ... just gotta wait for a delivery date now

Hello, just read all the thread and am relieved to see you ended going for a T6.1 with drive the deal .. we have done exactly the same and saved nearly £9k - very easy process too. We test drive a T6 at Breeze in Poole but always intended to go through drive the deal to save money ... just gotta wait for a delivery date now

Thanks. I'm so happy that I have decided to order the T6.1 instead of taking the in stock T6.
I just couldn't see past paying more for a pre-reg T6 that I could get a new T6.1 for.
I didn't actually order from Drive the Deal in the end. Breeze Poole got very close to the DTD price and I decided to buy from them.

I would take the T6 and not the T6.1, if it has the spec you want. At the right price of course. In my opinion it is simply a better vehicle and camper than the T6.1

I test drove a 150 DSG. That had plently of go for me so went for that.
great story but misleading. Nothing wrong with a t6 but to suggest it’s better in every way is just plain wrong

Thanks. I'm so happy that I have decided to order the T6.1 instead of taking the in stock T6.
I just couldn't see past paying more for a pre-reg T6 that I could get a new T6.1 for.
I didn't actually order from Drive the Deal in the end. Breeze Poole got very close to the DTD price and I decided to buy from them.
As I can’t edit my post going for the 6.1 was the right call, t6 is a great camper but would need to be significantly discounted at this point to make sense in comparison to a 6.1. We love ours and you will have a great time in it :thumb

Thanks to everybody who took the time to reply and offer advice.
I have been in touch with Breeze today and sorted things out.

The misunderstanding came about because the sales man is new to Breeze.
In hindsight what he said was He had not seen a T6.1 Cali yet not that they had not arrived at the dealership yet.
However I did manage to confirm the van was probably built last year.
All things considered I have decided to cancel this purchase and order a new T6.1 which Breeze were fine with.
So I will be changing our short term plans and joining the T6.1 waiting list!

This gives me plenty of time to pester you all with spec questions lol.
I'm thinking 150 DSG in Copper bronze, 18" palmerston alloys, electric side door.
I had second thoughts on an order too and cancelled it in favour of getting what I was after (the palmerstons look great!) So you did the right thing!

That's interesting. I contacted them this week at their request to discuss a deal. Got terrible customer service, complete incompetence and lack of knowledge on the vehicle itself and then no offer of reduction. Worst experience I have ever had eith a dealer. And they are our nearest.

That's interesting. I contacted them this week at their request to discuss a deal. Got terrible customer service, complete incompetence and lack of knowledge on the vehicle itself and then no offer of reduction. Worst experience I have ever had eith a dealer. And they are our nearest.

Our sales guy is new to Breeze but bar a few teething issues everything has been generally ok so far.
TomdBreeze has commented on this thread and i'm sure he would want to know of your experience.

Am joining this late, Zooks. Welcome aboard the excellent club bus.
I will probably replace my 2019 model in 2022/3 when there hopefully shall be insight into the future viability of diesel units and e-options. But I can assure you I shall spec an electric side door. Wouldn't do without them! Never had a problem. Very handy with a dog. And small kids: my little grand-kids find them handy.

Am joining this late, Zooks. Welcome aboard the excellent club bus.
I will probably replace my 2019 model in 2022/3 when there hopefully shall be insight into the future viability of diesel units and e-options. But I can assure you I shall spec an electric side door. Wouldn't do without them! Never had a problem. Very handy with a dog. And small kids: my little grand-kids find them handy.

Thanks. Glad you like the power slide door. its a bit of a nesscessity for us. Wasn't too happy with having to order 4 keys with though. If its essential with the PSD then they should be included no?

Thanks. Glad you like the power slide door. its a bit of a nesscessity for us. Wasn't too happy with having to order 4 keys with though. If its essential with the PSD then they should be included no?

Poole told me that the keys are included with the price of the power door. It was used to sell me the door (we wanted the keys already having just lost one of our Golf keys and being charged £300 for a replacement) - I was told it was worth getting the door as the keys were included, which essentially made the door price a steal. Might just be worth checking elsewhere though that the keys aren't included, in case he was right with me and wrong with you. Part of the whole shambles of my experience at Poole.

Poole told me that the keys are included with the price of the power door. It was used to sell me the door (we wanted the keys already having just lost one of our Golf keys and being charged £300 for a replacement) - I was told it was worth getting the door as the keys were included, which essentially made the door price a steal. Might just be worth checking elsewhere though that the keys aren't included, in case he was right with me and wrong with you. Part of the whole shambles of my experience at Poole.

Ok i'm going to have to do some checking because I have definately been told I had to add them.

Any thoughts Tomdbreeze ?

Ok i'm going to have to do some checking because I have definately been told I had to add them.

Any thoughts Tomdbreeze ?

Right so VW Customer Services confirm there is no need order 4 extra keys with the electric door.
Now awaiting a response from Breeze.

Hope you get it sorted

Right so VW Customer Services confirm there is no need order 4 extra keys with the electric door.
Now awaiting a response from Breeze.
Interesting. I specified the electric sliding door but no mention of getting 4 keys included. If you select the sliding door on the VW configuration tool the 4 key option does not get ‘greyed out’, so my guess is that they’re not included (unless recently changed). I await delivery of my Ocean so will find out then :)

So I thought I would just update this thread to clarify what I have been told and possibly help anyone else considering a power slide door.

VW CS confirm you don't need to order 4 keys.
Breeze Poole agree with this now but have confirmed I will only get 2 keys with the van.

I have decided to stay with the £120 4 keys option.

I also seem to have added the 199 engine and 80L tank to my order o_O