Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New to California camping

L

Lorri

T6 204 Ocean
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Have purchased a small Avtex tv - just in case of bad weather. Can you run the sound through the California's speaker system so as too keep volume low and not use earphones.

It might work through the Aux in socket. Worth a try. The stereo will turn off after a while to save battery power so not the best option. What about a small set of computer speakers plugged into the headphone socket on the TV?

Welcome @Lorri on your first post.
My advise , leave the TV home enjoy the places you visit with you Cali , read a book and a glass wine looking at the sunset.

Hi thank you.
I fully intend to have a few glasses of wine and see many beautiful sunsets.
Have my first trip - albeit only to Norfolk - in a couple if weeks.

It might work through the Aux in socket. Worth a try. The stereo will turn off after a while to save battery power so not the best option. What about a small set of computer speakers plugged into the headphone socket on the TV?
Hi. Thank you that's a neat idea, am sure one of my sons has a set, I will try them.
Hopefully won't get to use tv.

Hi thank you.
Have my first trip - albeit only to Norfolk - in a couple if weeks.
Welcome @Lorri on your first post.
My advise , leave the TV home enjoy the places you visit with you Cali , read a book and a glass wine looking at the sunset.
Hi. Thank you.
And hopefully never use the tv.

Hi Lorri. Because the Cali's radio unit is wired into the main vehicle battery (and hence switches off every 15 mins as Rich20 has already said) you're probably going to be happier using a separate speaker system that you can recharge from the leisure batteries - eg via USB through one of the 12v sockets.

Because the van is such a small space, even a modest-sized speaker will sound fine, especially if you sit it on the kitchen worktop, which boosts the bass a bit.

BTW it's not actually against the rules of this forum to watch TV, or whatever else, while camping :Grin. We often watch a DVD (on a laptop) with a glass of wine in the van once the sun has gone down and it's getting cold outside.

Hi Lorri. Because the Cali's radio unit is wired into the main vehicle battery (and hence switches off every 15 mins as Rich20 has already said) you're probably going to be happier using a separate speaker system that you can recharge from the leisure batteries - eg via USB through one of the 12v sockets.

Because the van is such a small space, even a modest-sized speaker will sound fine, especially if you sit it on the kitchen worktop, which boosts the bass a bit.

BTW it's not actually against the rules of this forum to watch TV, or whatever else, while camping :Grin. We often watch a DVD (on a laptop) with a glass of wine in the van once the sun has gone down and it's getting cold outside.
Hi. Thanks, we are going to look for a small speaker to place between us so as not to have sound to high (we do worry about noise for fellow campers around us) . Not had any time away in the Cali yet (slight accident with another vehicle has postponed any plans) we've just been buying stuff in readiness. Looking forward to a glass of wine looking out across some magical scenery somewhere .

Hi. Thanks, we are going to look for a small speaker to place between us so as not to have sound to high (we do worry about noise for fellow campers around us) . Not had any time away in the Cali yet (slight accident with another vehicle has postponed any plans) we've just been buying stuff in readiness. Looking forward to a glass of wine looking out across some magical scenery somewhere .
Welcome Lorri

Hope you are fine (you mentioned a car accident...).

Cheers sapto

Welcome Lorri

Hope you are fine (you mentioned a car accident...).

Cheers sapto
Hi. Thank you for Welcome. We are fine thank you, no Human damage just need few new parts for front of Cali (must think of a name for him).

Hi Lorri - Why not just enable subtitles, and mute the sound?

just lower the upper bed, That will stop the sound exiting via the canvas (unless you have any windows/doors open) :)

Back