Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New to the Forum - California Coach 1997

B

Bulletgabs

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi all, finally own one of these fab vehicles and had a couple of great breaks already and another one in the coming weeks to Tintagel so cannot wait. i have a question already please....ordered new struts for the tailgate - so say standard replacement strength but they look very long circa 67cm so not sure i've got the right ones but purchased from just kampers and it was for a 1992-2003 VW T4 with rear wiper so any ideas please or so i need to remove the current struts in order to extend the tailgate enough to re-fit new ones. Any help appreciated...cheers all.P1050294.jpg

Welcome to the forum! What a fabulous T4!

There is a good number of knowledgeable T4 owners here I am sure someone can help.

just found info on another seller of gas struts that they come in two lengths 685mm or 570mm - the ones on my van are 570 but i must have looked at 5-7 different selling sites and none of the others mentioned that they could possibly come in 2 different lengths as sell them with exactly the same description as detailed in my first post so quite annoying and not sure why the same T4 year with rear wiper would have two different length options but i'm quickly realising that nothing is quite so straight forward with a camper so it's going to be fun no doubt sorting out stuff over time. Anyway just in case any other newbie comes across the same issue.

Back