Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New to the Forum and the California

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hello all. My name is Pete and my partner is Jayne. We have been toying with the idea for a number of years to get a Motorhome. Only problem nowhere to parke a big lump of a motorhome and 2 cars.
So we decided to go for a new california. We were not prepared to wait for a new model that nobody could tell us when it would be available or cost or even what it would look like.
We got what we thought was a good deal with very close to 10% discount on a red 140 SE.
Its got the usual extras like parking sensors and so on but couldnt see the point in paying 2K for a sat nav when the one I have in my Merc was over that price and no better than a 100% garmin we have.
We do intend to get the awning set which is all we need and at about £350 should do for us.
We pick it up April 1st (what a fool) LOL. and hope to get out and about pretty much straight away.
We are not unused to touring as I have a Suzuki Hayabusa which we go over to France and Spain every year but always stay in hotels not camp sites.
Hopefully we will still use the bike but now we have the choice.
Really looking forward to our California experience.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Pete & Jayne

Welcome to the club Peter and Jayne, they are all so friendly on here

Good morning Peter and Jayne,

Welcome,

Hi and welcome
If i orderd new surly not be taken the original radio with gps ....i find no good
But mine was a showroommodel and the radio came with the package , better of afthermarket!

Hello Pete & Jayne, there are a few of us bikers on here. I hope you will find your Cali just as enjoyable if a little more sedate than your Hayabusa. You may be slower on the road but by the time you've faffed about with leathers etc the Cali will be well on it's way and when you do pass it you will lose the advantage at the frequent fuel stops :D plus the queue in the cafe, when you eventually order your beans on toast it gets given to someone else who ordered the same thing but arrived 20 minutes later than you ha ha you will know the experience. Etc etc.

Colin.

Hi Pete welcome to the club. If you are taxing a new Cali on April the first then I have news for you:) You can actually put a newly taxed vehicle on the road one week before the beginning of its first tax date. :thumb Something to with easing the Rush at DVLA. Enjoy
Have Fun

Best advice is probably just to get out there and do it......With the inevitable smile on your face !