Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VIP Discount New VIP Discount Partner: Safeguard Insurance

+1 for Safguard, we changed to them back in August, better price than previous insurer and more cover. Hopefully renewal will be just as good.

Hi,

I have read most of the comments on this thread and am trying to get a quote from SafeGuard on a Beach. The comments suggest they will via a sister company but SafeGuard just denied this. Would that sister company be Swinton?

Just had a quote of £884 parked on private drive!!!! We'll be going with Comfort at £364 thank you very much! Identical details and cover - bizarre!

Just had a quote of £884 parked on private drive!!!! We'll be going with Comfort at £364 thank you very much! Identical details and cover - bizarre!

I see you are not a VIP member, you get a special discount. My premium with Safeguard is a quarter of what you was quoted, I also have a private drive. Possibly an error?

I see you are not a VIP member, you get a special discount. My premium with Safeguard is a quarter of what you was quoted, I also have a private drive. Possibly an error?
Husband is Tinman and we are VIP members, that was the quote with discount, no rhyme or reason to it, went through everything on phone with both companies, maybe he got a temp advisor?

£279 with Safeguard, like for like policy and £100 cheaper than Comfortz

Just re confirmed with SafeGuard that they still cannot cover the Beach. This is due to their underwriter requiring a permanent water container and cupboards. So the considerable advantages of the partner insurance cannot be had by those of us with a Beach. Great shame as the policy looks very good.

For my use case (Business, unlimited mileage and 3 named drivers) they were 59% more expensive than Comfort... just for information

I bought my second hand Cali on Friday 17th Feb, used Safeguard for the insurance, i got 17% discount via the dealership.
The downside to this insurance is that you arent insured to drive any other car....this is solely a camper van insurance

I bought my second hand Cali on Friday 17th Feb, used Safeguard for the insurance, i got 17% discount via the dealership.
The downside to this insurance is that you arent insured to drive any other car....this is solely a camper van insurance
I noted that but the only other vehicles I want to drive are my old estate car (kept for trips to the dump and similar) which has its own insurance, and my husband's car where I'm a named driver.

Most Insurers have now dropped cover to drive other cars recently for all types of vehicle. My car insurer (Aviva) did which was a pain when my Daughter wanted me to find/fix a 'noise' on her car.

Most Insurers have now dropped cover to drive other cars recently for all types of vehicle. My car insurer (Aviva) did which was a pain when my Daughter wanted me to find/fix a 'noise' on her car.
When I got an ocean I just transferred it to my policy with Sainsbury's. Now it's run out I've gone with Safeguard. They gave me a policy (with the discount) which was very reasonable and it gives fully comprehensive cover for Morocco, but not recovery. They've also given me a green card for a year at no extra cost!

We also changed to Safeguard, the 12 month green card as standard was a big selling point for us

Going with Safeguard as they offered business use as well for about £100 more, don't bother fitting a tracker unless you want one, it gave a discount of £1.00 per year so I will recover my outlay in 2217!

Think you'll find that most insurers have dropped this off car policies. It was only for 3rd party cover on other cars.

Just tried Safeguard for our new Beach. We were referred to their "sister company" as it's a beach and they quoted over £1100!!!
Everyone else £250 - £350; bar NFU who were ~£600 (and wasted of an hour of my wife's life). We went with Comfort in the end (£317), Business use and 10k / PA.

I also have been told by Safeguard that they will not insure a Beach because it does not have permanent water storage.
They stated that they needed both a rear seat that converted to a bed, a table seating arrangement and a fixed water supply. I told them that we had everything they required bar the water - but no deal!
I had previously been with them with my (now ex-) VW Danbury Diamond - which in our case I had removed the water bottle (never used it!) but still no deal on our Beach. Instead they offered me to speak to a sister company that did insure Beaches and would take my NCB across as they were both part of Swinton.
I had used Safeguard before as I wanted to have any driver on the policy - due to the numbers in our family who use our camper.
This seems a dismal response from what I had previously considered a good company
However the sister company - Scenic Insurance - part of Swinton have offered a good (for me) quote.

Safeguard were good for me as I needed Business use.
The issue is that the Beach is a people carrier on the rating system
As ever confirm all queries and the insurers answers in writing or e mail, if they state their happy with water bottles they can’t repudiate a claim.
I

We have a brand new VIP Partner now onboard with us offering Campervan Insurance.

Safeguard UK offer a bespoke campervan & Motorhome insurance

All Safeguard policies comes with UK & European breakdown for vehicles under 20 years of age, full glass cover, £3,000 worth of contents (subject to standard exclusions) and full European cover for the 12 months.

All VIP Members will receive the equivalent of 12 months for the price of 10 on their quoted premium.

For full details please see the thread in the VIP ROOM

Website Link: http://www.safeguarduk.co.uk/motorhome-insurance/

View attachment 9341

View attachment 9342
Hi.
Used to be with Safeguard on my old T5 conversion - all good. So I contacted them as my California is up for renewal. Give them all the details and they give me a quote. I then told them I was a VIP member and they reduced it a further 2%. I then told them my quote from LV - they then reduced it a further £120! Still £120 more than LV albeit without AA cover but it did have limits on my business use. Why or why do insurance companies do this?

Give us your best shot straight away!!!

Rant over. Probably stay with LV and get separate breakdown cover now.

Not sure if its' been mentioned somewhere in the thread, bettter things to do than read 5 pages worth, but I just renewed with Safeguard and was told that the do "new for old for 2 years or 15000 miles".

..me..

I had my suspension lowered by vw,on California SE 2014
now advsed bySafeguard insurers that they cant insure my vehicle
anyone else had this problem ?

I'm with Safeguard and also had mine lowered by VW and there was no change in the policy., they just made a record of it. This was only two months ago.

I would challenge it if I was you.

Try Caravan Guard underwritten by Royal sun Alliance. On A 30k Cali £297 inc Breakdown Legal expenses and bonus protected. Free Phone.
I agree caravan gaurd have been my insurance for the last 6 years always a good price you can always get through to speak to someone straight away
No complaints here!
I was with safeguard before caravan gaurd so I think you can’t go wrong with either

Hi

I have just asked Safeguard about a discount for VIP membership with this forum - they said no - there isn't such a thing? They offer no discount for this at all? Has the partnership/offer ended??