Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VIP Discount New VIP Discount Partner: Safeguard Insurance

Just done the rounds before picking up brand new ocean 4 motion on Friday!! (have a 2011 cali at the moment). Was with Camping and caravanning for the last 3 years having switched from comfort. Camping were good and let you have no claims which was a bonus but quote for a new cali was VERY HIGH. Tried comfort who were better but odd 48 rule about leaving van somewhere else and no mention of no claims. Then tried safeguard - initially a bit higher than comfort but then went below price, get to keep no claims and they offer a fab new for old up to the first 15000miles which means i get what i pay if something happens to my van including all the extras!! They wouldn't take off the breakdown cover which would be good if i wasn't buying a new car but useless as i am.

We’ve been with Safeguard for 3 years, but our renewal was £405 so I asked Admiral about adding the Cali to our existing multicar policy. For the 11 months to renewal it is £250 including full UK and European breakdown recovery.

I read that Admiral do not cover the camping part of the California and treats it like a Caravelle, maybe that has changed ?

We’ve been with Safeguard for 3 years, but our renewal was £405 so I asked Admiral about adding the Cali to our existing multicar policy. For the 11 months to renewal it is £250 including full UK and European breakdown recovery.
Just renewed mine on Friday, will keep it in mind for next year though. Useful as an alternative quote for haggling, thanks.
My cost was £464.

I read that Admiral do not cover the camping part of the California and treats it like a Caravelle, maybe that has changed ?
The company I've heard those horror stories about is Adrian Flux.

They are part of the swinton group. Quote was 'double' the Adrian Flux but included breakdown which I don't need because of free bank cover..they then put me onto Scenic , again same group but don't include b'down. Price is similar to Flux but gotta watch European cover.. 90 days per year max and they also want you to guess your european mileage!

We have a brand new VIP Partner now onboard with us offering Campervan Insurance.

Safeguard UK offer a bespoke campervan & Motorhome insurance

All Safeguard policies comes with UK & European breakdown for vehicles under 20 years of age, full glass cover, £3,000 worth of contents (subject to standard exclusions) and full European cover for the 12 months.

All VIP Members will receive the equivalent of 12 months for the price of 10 on their quoted premium.

For full details please see the thread in the VIP ROOM

Website Link: http://www.safeguarduk.co.uk/motorhome-insurance/

View attachment 9341

View attachment 9342
Hi all,

Cab anyone advise the needed inputs for a Cali? I select Volkswagen as Base Vehicle Make but don't have Volkswagen as a converter or manufacturer. There are many VW *something* but I don't know which applies for the factory Cali.

Thank you

Important Update

The Safeguard VIP Offer of 12 months for 10 has now come to an end and is being replaced by a new discount scheme.

The official response from Safeguard is below:

Safeguard are currently working on the details of the new offer for us and will be back to you shortly! In the meantime please call Safeguard on 0333 035 9425 when you mention you have been referred by the 'VW California Owners Club' you will be entered into their £250 monthly prize draw and will also qualify for the member only price.

We are currently in the process of removing advertising on the forum for the old offer and will update as soon as we have more news.

Tried to get an online quote from Safeguard. You choose vehicle type, then manufacturer. Then you have to choose from a list of converters, the California is not a conversion, no way to choose VW. Entering reg does nothing. So basically impossible to obtain a quote online.

Tried online chat - please give us a call and we can override the issue. How about fixing your website?! Seriously unimpressive.

Tried to get an online quote from Safeguard. You choose vehicle type, then manufacturer. Then you have to choose from a list of converters, the California is not a conversion, no way to choose VW. Entering reg does nothing. So basically impossible to obtain a quote online.

Tried online chat - please give us a call and we can override the issue. How about fixing your website?! Seriously unimpressive.
Out of curiosity I had a trial run, put my reg in and it did nothing with it.
I'm insured with Safeguard!!

Hi williamd, I’m sorry to hear you had a bad experience with our website when you were trying to get a quote.

I’m part of a new initiative we’re putting forward to make sure we’ve got some of our most experienced staff reaching out to help customers online and after seeing your post today, I’d really like to see if I can’t help you get this sorted.

I’ve had a look on our website and the quote system appears to be working when I select the Base vehicle make as ‘Volkswagen’ from the list. The next option does show ‘California’ as an option for me to fill in on the form. I’ll need to check some more details with you over direct messages if you’re still having problems.

That being said, I just want to make sure you’ve seen that there’s a discount scheme with VW California Owners Club we currently provide for quotes when you contact us by phone, so if you’d rather I can arrange for us to give you a call and make sure that’s taken into account.

Please feel free to start a conversation with me by sending a direct message on the forum and I’ll be happy to look at this with you.

Oscar Allen
Safeguard

Just posting to let everyone know we have a winner from the VW California Club for one of our prize draws!

When you get a quote with us here at Safeguard over the phone and let us know that you were referred by VW California Club, you’ll be entitled to up to 15% discount on all new policies and are entered into our monthly prize draw to have a chance of winning £250 worth of Love to Shop Vouchers.

I'm happy to announce that this month we have a winner in Shane Shelley, whose vouchers we are arranging to be sent as we speak!

As I believe you put it yourself to our representative that reached out to you Shane, “winner winner chicken dinner”!

Oscar
Safeguard

Safeguard quote was £1270 for a California Beach (2021). Have to admit, their webform is abysmal compared to most companies, I guess as it is designed for converted campers and not factory spec ones - maybe that should be the first option (once they figure out how to recognise the details from the registration).

It is a second vehicle, which means I have no NCB to use (11 years on my other vehicle). I do have one at-fault claim, but is still more than £300 more than quotes from confused.com which included lowering, alloys etc. I also checked what the price would be once I have 1-year NCB, and it makes a big difference, with a lot more insurers quoting that didn't without any.

Tried adding the Cali to my Admiral policy. Can't do it online, told to call. Called the number and told they only deal with cars, need to call the Van line. Called the van line, it comes up as a car. Referred to the underwriter!

Safeguard quote was £1270 for a California Beach (2021). Have to admit, their webform is abysmal compared to most companies, I guess as it is designed for converted campers and not factory spec ones - maybe that should be the first option (once they figure out how to recognise the details from the registration).

It is a second vehicle, which means I have no NCB to use (11 years on my other vehicle). I do have one at-fault claim, but is still more than £300 more than quotes from confused.com which included lowering, alloys etc. I also checked what the price would be once I have 1-year NCB, and it makes a big difference, with a lot more insurers quoting that didn't without any.

Tried adding the Cali to my Admiral policy. Can't do it online, told to call. Called the number and told they only deal with cars, need to call the Van line. Called the van line, it comes up as a car. Referred to the underwriter!
Try Comfort insurance, always very reasonable for our camper which was a second vehicle.

Try Comfort insurance, always very reasonable for our camper which was a second vehicle.
£527 - that is without any forum discount as I am not a VIP member (yet). Doesn't include any modifications (plan to lower and add some bigger alloys), but can't see it bumping it up to the £900 from eSure.