Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New VW California World to launch 30th August.

Had enough of her - she's really annoying. Total lack of storage; pathetic really compared to T6.1
The Sharavan is aimed at a very different demographic. The festival-going Hipsters are going to lap them up.

Does the kitchen table go in the boot? Slide out instant table is a great plus point.
True. No handbrake and easy to swivel seats is a plus point for the Multivan though, so it’s not ALL bad. It still looks like a Renault Espace turned into a campervan though and clearly less storage and not as good kitchen options as the T6.1 (WAY worse actually - nowhere I can see to store saucepans). I can see it suiting some older retirees who travel in couples and are quite happy to sleep in 2 separate beds. I don’t see it suiting families well at all as the T6.1 is on the limit for storage space as it is. We couldn’t manage a van with less storage space and smaller beds.

Why is a 2 seat bench superior to 2 seats?
The drawer?
Hiya Tim,

Personal preference I guess. The ability to lounge across the bench seat with cushions under the arms for comfort for one or two people is far better that two single chairs that don't even have armrests.

I know the captains chairs can also work this way, but I often have to work and use the bench with the table in lovely comfort with the bench, and it's also more stealthy than using the captains chairs when not on a site (we use Brit stops a lot in the UK).

The Sharavan is aimed at a very different demographic. The festival-going Hipsters are going to lap them up.
I’ll have to smoke more and eat less if I’m gona fit that demographic ;)

True. No handbrake and easy to swivel seats is a plus point for the Multivan though, so it’s not ALL bad. It still looks like a Renault Espace turned into a campervan though and clearly less storage and not as good kitchen options as the T6.1 (WAY worse actually - nowhere I can see to store saucepans). I can see it suiting some older retirees who travel in couples and are quite happy to sleep in 2 separate beds. I don’t see it suiting families well at all as the T6.1 is on the limit for storage space as it is. We couldn’t manage a van with less storage space and smaller beds.
I think even if there was a perfect van for me, it’s either too expensive, too big, too small, not enough seats. (3 grandkids soon )
(What Camper sleeps 4 grandkids, and travels with belts for 6 !! if we do get another grandchild. ?) (and I retire and want to take them all away.)
Looks like a 6 seater (MV) and a caravan.

But maybe I can fit two other seats in the California.
So a 6 seater.
And a towbar to take caravan.
Then use the Cali as a day van on holiday.

Take two seats out and use as a couples weekend away van.

The proof in the pudding is going to be if the California can fit two of the MV seats in.
Then we are in business.

What festivals do you attend? Not sure many of them have £85k to spend to then take it to a muddy field!
The new Cali will sell without doubt - every new one does.
Maybe @RockinNRollin can confirm if he's a Hipster.

How does a channel with 599 subscribers get access to review the new California early?
Awful, no mention of the Cali except for it being too hot to sleep in. How on earth did she blag that trip.

A better review.
Don’t know why “pop-up tent” prickles me but it does.
This was posted a couple of weeks ago.
But I will say one thing the scenery in Slovenia is living up to its billing in the reviews. The campsites are stella too. Paying 11 Euro for this with free EHU. Grundlsee in Austria on the other hand was completely chock. We were packed in like sardines with about 1.5m border side to side.

slovenia.jpg

That seems unlikely. Don't hipsters care about how something looks?

That seems unlikely. Don't hipsters care about how something looks?
Nope, they'll view it online, order it and only look at it in the dark when sleeping in it, once, before they get bored with it because it needs cleaning. you can tell its for them because all the panels look like mobile phones that they cant live without!

Nope, they'll view it online, order it and only look at it in the dark when sleeping in it, once, before they get bored with it because it needs cleaning. you can tell its for them because all the panels look like mobile phones that they cant live without!
I‘m a bit confused about exactly what demographic will be buying this. Festival goers in their 20s buying an £85k van? I don’t know too many of those with that kind of budget. It seems a significant proportion of Cali owners are families or retirees (or close to retirement). They have the budget to spend that much.

I‘m a bit confused about exactly what demographic will be buying this. Festival goers in their 20s buying an £85k van? I don’t know too many of those with that kind of budget. It seems a significant proportion of Cali owners are families or retirees (or close to retirement). They have the budget to spend that much.
Why not, they all work from home designing computer games!

'Professional couples' are big festival goers too. Glamping at Glastonbury costs between £3k & £28k. If you can afford that then £85k for the new California isn’t an inhibitor!

D I N K Y s (Double Income No Kids Yet (or in most cases Ever)).
Both earning £60K +

Not sure a Cali is that cool though. ‘Most’ owners tend to be a little older. The younger crowd prefer a customised VW / Transit conversion or even sprinter sized conversions.

Detailed look at the storage *haha* and other interior details of the Sharavan. That guy standing in the poptop just accentuates the narrowness of the MV interior.

Detailed look at the storage *haha* and other interior details of the Sharavan. That guy standing in the poptop just accentuates the narrowness of the MV interior.

Looks like they asked Project Camper to make some decent window blinds.

1726430941500.png

Back