Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New VW California World to launch 30th August.

Is that not the basis of your commitment to buying one?
To some extent. I've driven a Multivan so as far as I am concerned that's sorted. As far as the habitation side is concerned what VW has shown will do me and storage more than adequate compared to what we use in my T5.1.
It might not suit others just as a present California doesn't suit many but that doesn't mean you go round rubbishing other people's choices with no first hand experience or knowledge.
The New California is different and many don't or can't cope with change but that's life.

To some extent. I've driven a Multivan so as far as I am concerned that's sorted. As far as the habitation side is concerned what VW has shown will do me and storage more than adequate compared to what we use in my T5.1.
It might not suit others just as a present California doesn't suit many but that doesn't mean you go round rubbishing other people's choices with no first hand experience or knowledge.
The New California is different and many don't or can't cope with change but that's life.
It will be really good to get your opinion of the new Cali. Especially with your knowledge of the previous version.

It will be really good to get your opinion of the new Cali. Especially with your knowledge of the previous version.
My Dealer said late September or October for Order book to open and delivery 1st quarter 2025.
If that's correct then I won't be one of the first as I'm down under for October.

That’s the problem with reviews like this. The presenters usually only review cars, not campers. As most of us know you only understand how to live with your camper after you’ve actually lived with it for some time. The way it drives is not even half the story. In all these reviews another thing that really stands out is the lack of worktop space when cooking. Once the lid is up revealing the single hob there’s no space left at all except for that tiny detachable table. That’s going to make cooking very difficult.
Don’t think you’re intended to cook in it, one burner hob is for making a cuppa ….lol

Ok, got to drive a mate's
Sounds all hunky dory until the bellows start to leak forcing you to sleep downstairs.

Come on, we all know that Aquatex on the seams fixes the issue. It is a none issue. Also, my guess is VW are very aware of the "long term" driving tests that will take place and will be absolutely focussed on making sure that the bellows do not leak.

I actually think it will be fine for couples or singles. I got to drive my friend's Multivan and it drives just like my new Skoda car. If they get the build quality right then it could actually be free of all the rattles our camper van has!

And so here it is folks.... The new California World. A brave new world albeit a little more cramped. I'm guessing some cleaver lenses were used to create this promo images.

Either that dude in the orange coat is a basketball player or the Multivan is really low.

VW sure are past masters at cringworthy photoshoots.

Ha those pics are cringe.

Drove past a multi-van today, not the most attractive looking thing, funny proportions.

I doubt it. Everyone is entitled to an opinion so if they love their van then that’s great. Loads of people think our T6.1 is a step down from a T6 but we don’t see it that way, and it’s likely Sharavan owners won’t either (unless they have particularly thin skin).
I’ve got a 2008 T5 and it’s better than both

Well as I have said before, the lack of a 2 seat bench and the almost entire loss of kitchen utensil and food storage space make this a non-starter for me personally.

Not to mention the price and the fact the length of this will tempt certain jobsworth traffic wardens & private car park owners into fining you as it won't come close to fitting into a standard 4.8m UK parking bay, unlike the current T6.1.

As others have said, it's a novelty camper for the festival glampers and weekenders rather than 4-6 weeks touring Europe that I enjoy.

Another one has gone up, English this time.

Looks like there isn't an embargo on the videos and interestingly this is quite a small channel and yet has had access to the new van (not seen any major channels reviewing yet).

I have seen a few vids of hers and she does this really annoying thing of flipping the footage when filming herself driving, so looks like she is in a UK van when it's not (also gives the impression that the Kitchen is on the other side).

It's 100% a no from me, but no doubt it will suit someone (somewhere).

Had enough of her - she's really annoying. Total lack of storage; pathetic really compared to T6.1

Had enough of her - she's really annoying. Total lack of storage; pathetic really compared to T6.1
I take your point.
But doesn’t it have MORE storage in the boot?

The drawer and you can seat an adult with 2 children on it. On a rainy day when the Nebula comes out it’s really useful to be able to get 3 people on the bench seat.
We 3 (inc a 15 year old) no longer can.
The bench isn’t the most comfortable for long trips, so 2 individual seats might solve that. It’s also more flexible to allow you to travel with more space and just 3 (or 2 front) seats.
I’m keeping my powder dry til I see one in the metal…hopefully soon.

We 3 (inc a 15 year old) no longer can.
The bench isn’t the most comfortable for long trips, so 2 individual seats might solve that. It’s also more flexible to allow you to travel with more space and just 3 (or 2 front) seats.
I’m keeping my powder dry til I see one in the metal…hopefully soon.
Different aged children, different problem. At that age I’d be more concerned if there would enough room to sleep with those narrows beds! I agree though, easier to assess in person. I saw the normal Multivan today side by side with a California. The thing that struck me is the low ceiling height in the Multivan. Is it actually lower or is it an optical illusion? It certainly felt lower but I didn’t have my tape measure…!

Back