Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New water pump - is this the correct one?

I don't think it's critical what you replace the original pump with. Cut the the connector off the one you have now leaving enough wire to connect to the new one with a chocolate block connector.

Make sure it is the pump, and not a blown fuse, or faulty microswitch on the tap, check you have 12v at the pump with a multimeter.

Ours failed last week, but I got it working again with a massive wack against the side of the tank. :D (Tip: have the tap open when you do this)

Thanks. Checked the fuse, then multimeter. 12.4v at the pump, so most likely it is broken. My Cali being almost 10 years, i guess end of life seems plausible, but ill try the smack first :D

Appears the water pump is faulty on our 2010 Cali. There is 12v at the connector going to water pump. Spent most of the morning attempting to remove the screw cover and finally managed it. Absolute nightmare, thank goodness nobody was in earshot as I was doing it.
Go outdoors are selling a Whale pump http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/whale-submersible-pump-standard-sized-caravanning-accessory-p122356 , does anyone know if this would work as a direct replacement?
Thanks to all who have contributed to this problem it's been an immense help.

Back