Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New wheel day

pjm-84

pjm-84

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Sadly one centre cap missing from the wheels which VWMotorparts were very apologetic for. Wanted to maintain the four season tyres (the Goodyear Vectors currently fitted are excellent) so had to go with the Bridgestone A005.

full

Haven't put them on yet as we were away this weekend.

We were camped next to a couple of converted / slammed T5 vans (right down on their coil overs) which made the Cali look a little plain. Not sure I would consider 20in but they did look good. Watching one manoeuvring back into his space I would have estimated the front suspension travel in mm due to the overlap with the wheel arch.

The form vs function debate is always argued by the owner. I’ve hit too many unmarked speed bumps at speed to compromise on clearance haha. I’d rather lift the California a little and put more rubber under her.

I think I will need to look at air suspension. Want to be lower when driving but have the flexibility to self level and raise when on site. Still trying to organise a sportline front valance to accompany the wheels.

1.jpg

I think I will need to look at air suspension. Want to be lower when driving but have the flexibility to self level and raise when on site. Still trying to organise a sportline front valance to accompany the wheels.

View attachment 43879
That is a good look!

I'll let you into a secret. I didn't like it when I first put the wheels on as it was so different and the Cascavel do look good. I also think the Cali hadn't settled from the jacking and its looked kinda of different.

Last edited: