Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons XL - Comments please.

Too much noise so changing the fronts at 17500miles with 3mm. Mine are 103H rated. Opted for the optional alloy spare (replaced with a steel) so only one tyre this time.

Note that Gen 2 are now out so take note on which you order.

After reading this it appears that you all have the cargo vectors rather than the vectors? So van versus car tyre.

Still debating between these and cross climates.

You can get all with the correct load rating but the van have a compound which should last longer. Bit of a mine field once you start researching; cross climates +, cross climates SUV, vectors Gen 2, Cargo vectors Gen 2, vectors Gen 2 SUV.

I hear that continental and others are trying to persuade the UK to make the legal limit 3mm from 1.6mm. Continental are also bringing out an all season.

Will need to get some new tyres soon, on 18,000 on original factory fitted tyres, some strange make. I don't wish to swap summer/winter tyres or wheels so am considering fitting
235/55/R17/103V Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons XL all round.

I plan on keeping the present spare as a spare as whenever I have had a puncture etc: I have only used the spare to get to a tyre shop and then it is replaced by the mended or new tyre.

Does anyone use these All-Season tyres and have any users comments relating to tyre noise , all-season use and longevity?:thumb

WelshGas I have had Goodyear Vectors from new and find them excellent . They have done about 14 k miles and at recent tracking were less than half worn and even all round . Coasting seems to go on forever with low rolling resistance . Haven’t noticed any noise . I have winter tyres as well for Alps but have not counted mileage they have done .

WelshGas I have had Goodyear Vectors from new and find them excellent . They have done about 14 k miles and at recent tracking were less than half worn and even all round . Coasting seems to go on forever with low rolling resistance . Haven’t noticed any noise . I have winter tyres as well for Alps but have not counted mileage they have done .
Agree, now on my 2nd set 21,000 miles and still showing 5mm tread all-round. Don't notice any noise and as you say, seem to Coast very well.

So from your reply you have the car tyre variant and not the van type, correct?

image.jpg

VectorsGen2

image.jpg

Cargo Vectors Gen 2 (van tyre)

..Message ends..

image.jpg

VectorsGen2

image.jpg

..Message ends..
MIne are like tread pattern 1, came from VW factory fitted.

BDD65FAA-D4C1-46CF-9AD1-6431302F531A.jpeg DB10A992-52EA-4EB7-821E-942FBA04E2F5.jpeg 7FA5EC72-AB86-4BFA-BA94-1DEC5C5C5CA5.jpeg E90077FE-3E8D-498A-B41B-4AD6228A9008.jpeg C719A2B7-CDA0-4F72-B568-965D1D3E3C58.jpeg
Went for the all season 235 tyres on our new cali, it came with the Goodyear’s there a good looking tyre no noticeable tyre noise and pulled us off a muddy field at the weekend no worries

Looking at the tread pattern these look like the Vector 4Seasons SUV Gen-1.

I’ve previously thought the next tyres I would be getting would be the Vector 4Seasons Gen-2.

Getting confused. Easily done

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Looking at the tread pattern these look like the Vector 4Seasons SUV Gen-1.

I’ve previously thought the next tyres I would be getting would be the Vector 4Seasons Gen-2.

Getting confused. Easily done

Mike

Yep there 4 seasons
Don’t know if there gen1 or gen2??
The vans brand new only 2weeks old
So maybe gen2

Thanks Jay - Looking at the tread pattern on the Goodyear site yours look identical to the Vector 4Seasons SUV Gen-1.

But I could be wrong. Would just be nice to know. Up until now I would have happily just ordered Goodyear 4Season vectors and presumed Gen-2 was an update. Throwing SUV into the mix has me confused.

Mike

View attachment 28053 View attachment 28054 View attachment 28055 View attachment 28056 View attachment 28057
Went for the all season 235 tyres on our new cali, it came with the Goodyear’s there a good looking tyre no noticeable tyre noise and pulled us off a muddy field at the weekend no worries
Jay, they are the same as mine Vector 4seasons Gen1.

image.jpg

VectorsGen2

image.jpg

..Message ends..
The second photo is correct Cargo Vector 2, these are all season tyres but they are not the Vector 4seasons range to clarify

Aghhh ok now I’m confused too :)
I presumed gen 2 would be the latest version with the California being brand new
Thanks jason

What ever gen they I’m not too fussed .no complaints here. there good tyres and are doing there job well up to now.:)
All be it just 2 camping trips onnwet weekends .

4F8D4C56-C124-4D10-9CE7-49D89A1844AE.png 42E184EC-9CC2-4650-8466-90996A86A5F3.png
Found a bit of information on them both
It’s just a screenshot

Ive just fitted 2x Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen-2 235/55 R17 V (103). £290 from black circles. Perfect timing just as the colder weather arrived. Very happy so far. Maybe they get tested further this coming weekend as I head out over Buxton direction. (nb. These tyres match the first image in Teejay's post.)

View attachment 28053 View attachment 28054 View attachment 28055 View attachment 28056 View attachment 28057

Looking again at the Goodyear website it seems that if you select the van/light truck options you are take to two all season tyres:

https://www.goodyear.eu/en_gb/consumer/tires/light-truck.html?filter=ALL_SEASON#/

Maybe that is the reason why you have Gen1 rather than Gen2. Whatever they certainly look the business !

Mine have about 3-4mm left on the front after 24k miles and I have to say as the weather has got damper they don't feel quite so sure footed as they did last year. Definitely starting to see a bit of understeer occasionally. I'm not convinced by that stopping distance when they arent new.

Just bought a set of Vector 4 Season..fitted tomorrow. Sadly excited about new tyres....#midlife

Hello Mike, just read with great interest your post and find myself I am in EXACtly the same state of growing confusion. I was all set on Cargos (with a niggling doubt about Vector 4s Gen 2) then I saw this and my attention has been drawn to Vector 4s SUV Gen 1... Did you manage to conclude please?

My Sportmaxx were hopeless in yesterday's conditions and even on my dad's sloping driveway (front o.s. wheel top spun wildly on the lawn at the top)

Back