Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Year camping in Dorset - ideas?

Ricotansky

Ricotansky

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi there,

We are planning on going away in the van for new year and have settled on Dorset as the destination as we'd like to be near some nice coastline. Does anyone here have any recommendations for nice sites to stay at (ideally walking distance to a beach!) that will be open that time of year?

Small and quiet beats big and noisy if possible! :smile

Thanks,

Rico

Probably not what you are looking for but Bagwell Farm is open all year. I can't remember if I've ever used it (I think I might have done once) as I generally use their other site Sea Barn Farm when in that area, but that closes for the winter.

http://www.bagwellfarm.co.uk/

bag well farm ok .bust stop out side to get into town .just had a look most are closed round here .new year eve in weymouth is some thing to see .every one in fancy dress .think taxi back will be around £15 to camp site .

Thanks, that looks quite good. I doubt we'll venture into town on new year though, more likely to be in the van with the heater on!

2nd Ullwell Cottage. Not stayed there (we live too near) but have heard only good reports about the place. Near to Swanage which traditionally has a good new year celebrations. Don't park in swing though parking wardens are rabid and Cali's don't count as cars. The town is an easy stroll however.