Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New YouTube Channel - Suggestions

My favourite channel is Kinging it, showing you round their Mercedes bud conversion sometimes but mainly being funny, being themselves, showing you places. Would be great I think to focus on how you travel - campsite recommendations, days out (cycle rack?), lighting the fire pit, recipes for cooking on the fire, and now and again showcasing why the 6.1 Cali is the ultimate campervan.
Look forward to seeing your isotop video as I will be buying one!
Great ideas there... like it !

In about an hour we should be live... The iso-top video is 33 minutes long so takes a while to crunch on the MacBook and then upload..

My favourite channel is Kinging it, showing you round their Mercedes bus conversion sometimes but mainly being funny, being themselves, showing you places. Would be great I think to focus on how you travel - campsite recommendations, days out (cycle rack?), lighting the fire pit, recipes for cooking on the fire, and now and again showcasing why the 6.1 Cali is the ultimate campervan.
Look forward to seeing your isotop video as I will be buying one!

Kinging it is everyone’s favourite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FINALLY - Ok ok, here is our first video then.

Now clearly this is our first go. Very limited (and poor) B roll, no gimbal (sorting that), no funky drone footage and very amateur titles etc. BUT... hopefully some useful content at least.

If you do find it in your hearts to 'like and subscribe' then that would be great and give us some encouragement that there is someone out there watching these!! Share away too if you wish.

The next few short videos will come quite quickly (probably the rubber floor mats and the rear tailgate protector) - and then I need to do some more filming next weekend.

Any tips, comments etc all welcome.

(my wife says I need to cheer up a bit... which is true. FAR too serious at the moment!!)

Thanks

Will, Sarah and Lucy, saying woof (a.k.a California Time)!

I’ve watched both and enjoyed both. Keep them coming

Well done on both. Except the music, thankfully there's not much of it. Looking forward to your next ones.

Well done on both. Except the music, thankfully there's not much of it. Looking forward to your next ones.
Thank you!

Noted re the music... I have already started to think about how I might change up how I intro the clips (ie record an intro of me/us for each one). I can still see me using a bit of music when I am trying to put some fill-in/b-roll but promise I won't over-do it !

L
And here is the second...

Much shorter, simpler...

Thanks for taking the time to take a look.

Should get the rear bumper protector one up during the week at some point.
Love it! very good job for a 1st one!

L

Love it! very good job for a 1st one!

Thank you, very kind - I'm starting to get things clearer in my mind as to how the best YouTube videos hang together and hopefully how to make them interesting.

These first couple have been a real learning curve. Using iMovie, using overlays, cover screens, camera shots etc etc. My gimbal has arrived today so hopefully that will help a bit too.

Here's to the next ones !

They both look good to me.
We don’t have plans to use either product but no doubt a future video will come in handy for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, more to come - sea to summit camper self inflating mattress to review (not slept on it yet), rear bumper protector video coming up later, then I think there might be a ’coffee special’ - for off grid camping coffee excellence…

Yep, more to come - sea to summit camper self inflating mattress to review (not slept on it yet), rear bumper protector video coming up later, then I think there might be a ’coffee special’ - for off grid camping coffee excellence…
There’s a good article in issue 5 of Advanture Magazine about coffee if you’re doing some research.

Now clearly this is our first go. Very limited (and poor) B roll, no gimbal (sorting that), no funky drone footage and very amateur titles etc. BUT... hopefully some useful content at least.

If you do find it in your hearts to 'like and subscribe' then that would be great and give us some encouragement that there is someone out there watching these!! Share away too if you wish.

The next few short videos will come quite quickly (probably the rubber floor mats and the rear tailgate protector) - and then I need to do some more filming next weekend.

(my wife says I need to cheer up a bit... which is true. FAR too serious at the moment!!)

Thanks

Well done always good to watch practical videos that a very clear and help all owners learn together I will keep watching

Will and Sarah, they’re all good and useful, really enjoyed them and the isotop one brought back memories of fitting ours and trying to stuff those Velcro bits into tiny gaps! stop apologising for them, they’re great! I’m jealous that you’ve got on and done it … I always thought I’d fancy it too but never managed it yet. So good on you.
Will and Sarah

Thanks

Hi Will, Sarah and Lucy,

A word of thanks.... Having recently attached the velcro strips to the bottom frame of the pop top my next step of installing the velcro hangers for the curtain had me scratching my head..... I though it best to take a 'time out' and seek clearer guidance...... By a stroke of luck my searches lead me to your newly posted vid ..... All is now clear and I am inspired to get the job completed. Thank you.

Hi Will, Sarah and Lucy,

A word of thanks.... Having recently attached the velcro strips to the bottom frame of the pop top my next step of installing the velcro hangers for the curtain had me scratching my head..... I though it best to take a 'time out' and seek clearer guidance...... By a stroke of luck my searches lead me to your newly posted vid ..... All is now clear and I am inspired to get the job completed. Thank you.
That is fantastic and so glad we can be of service!

Sarah and I just read this comment together and it's given us a great smile and joy at the end of a long hard work day - thank you :)

Thanks

Thank you for making this superb explainer video. Used it to fit our Isotop Mk V this week, and the steps are almost the same as the MkVI (without the extra front side strips of hook and loop which is a shame they aren’t included).

Your video meant we didn’t need to even look at the awful paper instructions and made the whole thing stress-free so a big thank you.

Thank you for making this superb explainer video. Used it to fit our Isotop Mk V this week, and the steps are almost the same as the MkVI (without the extra front side strips of hook and loop which is a shame they aren’t included).

Your video meant we didn’t need to even look at the awful paper instructions and made the whole thing stress-free so a big thank you.
Glad to be of help and I’m pleased it help take some stress away.
The isotop is a great product but Brandrup do themselves no favours in helping people install it!!

Hi Will, Sarah and Lucy,

Hi Will & Sarah,

Some stuff intervened between my post above but at last I have now had the opportunity to fit the MkVI Brandrup Isotop. Your video instructions were a godsend, I followed them verbatum and it installed without breaking sweat... yes I picked a cool day, and, no damaged to the wife's £20 note!.....

Thanks again.

Sam

Hi Will & Sarah,

Some stuff intervened between my post above but at last I have now had the opportunity to fit the MkVI Brandrup Isotop. Your video instructions were a godsend, I followed them verbatum and it installed without breaking sweat... yes I picked a cool day, and, no damaged to the wife's £20 note!.....

Thanks again.

Sam
Fantastic stuff, glad it helped. Brave though, using the wife’s £20… I played safe and used my own !!

Morning everyone

I wondered if I could possibly ask for any feedback from you all now that we are a few weeks in to the new channel and have published 14 videos and have (somehow!?) reached 673 subscribers as of this morning.

I am still in shock at that subscriber count, so we must be doing something people are enjoying, but we are keen to know what you're enjoying, what you would like more of and what we could be doing better.

All feedback welcome :)

Thanks,

Will, Sarah and Lucy.

Morning everyone

I wondered if I could possibly ask for any feedback from you all now that we are a few weeks in to the new channel and have published 14 videos and have (somehow!?) reached 673 subscribers as of this morning.

I am still in shock at that subscriber count, so we must be doing something people are enjoying, but we are keen to know what you're enjoying, what you would like more of and what we could be doing better.

All feedback welcome :)

Thanks,

Will, Sarah and Lucy.
I’ve just watched your review of the Sea to Summit video and found it very informative and well presented. Now I need to find someone who has one in stock!
My only criticism is the background music, I don’t think you need it and I find it distracts from the dialogue.
Keep the videos coming!