Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New YouTube Channel - Suggestions

Morning everyone

I wondered if I could possibly ask for any feedback from you all now that we are a few weeks in to the new channel and have published 14 videos and have (somehow!?) reached 673 subscribers as of this morning.

I am still in shock at that subscriber count, so we must be doing something people are enjoying, but we are keen to know what you're enjoying, what you would like more of and what we could be doing better.

All feedback welcome :)

Thanks,

Will, Sarah and Lucy.
We’re enjoying the content and like the product reviews especially.

Seeing different campsites is enjoyable too, after seeing Tan Hill Inn I’m not sure we’d bother, so glad you did the review…

I’m not a music lover at all, so less music or quieter would suit me. But I’m probably not representative of normal folk..!

As we are waiting for our Cali to arrive, I’d be interested in you’re buying/delivery experience - eg how long it took, how much communication with the dealer you had, what to check on collection etc…

Keep them coming…

cheers

simon

Congratulations! Looks like the channel is going great. I also subscribed to up your numbers.

Day to day this isn't the type of channel I'd subscribe to and watch, but I love channels like this when I'm researching different options when shopping! And there are so few.

It would be great if you chummed up with some local camping shops and did more installation and test. My current request would be bike racks! Which might fit as I know you mentioned you're a cyclist.

There are a few different bike racks out there, not much in the way of reviews for 4 bike racks (though you said you don't need them). Our biggest question is around opening the tailgate, how easy they are to fit, and how secure they are. We really fancy the one that swings to the side, but that seems to only be available in Australia. Anyway, I digress... A Bus and Beyond seem to test and review vans for local garages and sometimes look like they're sponsored. Maybe you could do a sponsorship deal like that too and take a different set of toys to test and review everytime you go for a weekend away.

Everyone is different and have different tastes.
You’ll never please everyone so just make content in a style you’re comfortable with, it’ll be more enjoyable if you’re natural.
We never plan our YouTube videos, we’ve been going 12 months and have less subscribers than you but we enjoy creating and our memories are there for us to watch when we feel like it.
Just have fun doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now my Coast has arrived there are only a few channels I look forward to watching.
Yours
Pro moochers
Yorkshire poptop
And a bus and beyond

Only because I'm constantly being nosey about how things are stored in the vans, what modifications people have done, purchases that make life easier and how the vans are set up on site.
A bit of humour and being yourselves makes it fun to watch.
Everyone likes different things so as already said, do things your way.

Storage solutions is always a good 1. I watched a YouTube video on ikea storage boxes but it was all in Chinese. They showed the ikea names and numbers so was able to get them and they fit perfectly. I know many use storage bags for clothes etc. But different set ups suit different people so I'm always after new ideas.

Morning everyone

I wondered if I could possibly ask for any feedback from you all now that we are a few weeks in to the new channel and have published 14 videos and have (somehow!?) reached 673 subscribers as of this morning.

I am still in shock at that subscriber count, so we must be doing something people are enjoying, but we are keen to know what you're enjoying, what you would like more of and what we could be doing better.

All feedback welcome :)

Thanks,

Will, Sarah and Lucy.
Hi Will and Sarah. I too saw the small printed Brandrup instructions and thought yuk. Your video and verbal coaching gave me the full confidence to get on with the job. Your tip to work from the front top and hang the isotop like a pair of curtains worked perfectly. One tip would be to try and do good close ups of strange or critical things. I.e. rear corners and getting under roof lining. And the silver tabs getting into the black cloth tube. Anyone reading this might think what ? But a picture or video shot in context is worth a thousand words. We now have the sea to summit camper mattress. This weekend will be it’s first try out for me. Again nice tip on single duvet cover. We like the humorous elements and I hope suppliers start filling your postbox with things to showcase. Lucy looks to be enjoying the van. I will expect a dog in a van special shortly

Thank you all for the great feedback and support.

We've got a few ideas for collaborations on a few topics and we also have a few ideas re product reviews too.

We've just shot a 'dog' video yesterday that will be coming up on the channel in a few weeks - with all the stuff we use regularly with Lucy when in the van.

Bikes - great idea and we can certainly share our (tow bar based) solution and we have friends with a T6 with a tailgate carrier too to compare against.

Buying experience etc - yes again, great idea and one we can do quite easily. We have been holding off doing a few 'Sarah and me sitting in the van chatting' videos until we got our new microphones - but they are here now, we've got used to them so we're ready to go on that front.

We've really loved getting to grips with everything that creating a channel entails - filming (inc settings, software etc), sound with mics, audio tracks etc, editing using iMovie, looking at the channel stats etc. It's all very exciting !

We are planning to move towards publishing 1 video a week soon - partially to make sure we can stay consistent during winter when trips will probably be fewer. We don't want to rule out having a mid-week video though sometimes as we certainly know that when watching other channels we sometimes want a mid-week pick-me-up.

Keep the comments coming to us, you have been all so helpful :)

Now my Coast has arrived there are only a few channels I look forward to watching.
Yours
Pro moochers
Yorkshire poptop
And a bus and beyond

Only because I'm constantly being nosey about how things are stored in the vans, what modifications people have done, purchases that make life easier and how the vans are set up on site.
A bit of humour and being yourselves makes it fun to watch.
Everyone likes different things so as already said, do things your way.

Storage solutions is always a good 1. I watched a YouTube video on ikea storage boxes but it was all in Chinese. They showed the ikea names and numbers so was able to get them and they fit perfectly. I know many use storage bags for clothes etc. But different set ups suit different people so I'm always after new ideas.

Thanks for watching

Loved watching you fit seat covers
Made me laugh so much.
Showed it how it was

Professional by name… NOT professional by nature

Lol!! Well, I have been working on a small intro clip (10s or so) that has royalty free music on, but apart from that it wasn’t my aim to have a ‘no narrative, all music‘ type channel, I’m aiming for a bit of a blend. Maybe a bit of music where there are ‘b roll’ (whatever that is) but when there is the factual stuff or discussion then no backing track.
I'm still amazed at California Chris' videos, that music just can't wait to take over!